Safest Undervolt/

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have finally got a custom rom on my phone and I'm ready to overclock/undervolt. I know safest overclock is about 806 mhz I heard. But what is saftest undervolt?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
600 max isn't an overclock.

806 is a decent guideline. Elias, what you should do is, in your overclock settings, set your minimum to 480. Anything below this will just end up eating more battery than necessary. This is due to the processor using the same voltage at any frequency below 480mhz, therefore requiring more power to ramp back up when you use the phone.

As far as your maximum, set your governer to Performance. This will cause the phone to use the max speed all the time. Set your max a step above 600, and open your camera. If it doesn't crash, or reboot, do it again, this time increasing your max one more time. This will help you to determine what your stable maximum is for your phone. Now, once you hit a frequency that crashes the camera, when the phone reboots, set your maximum to one or two notches BELOW where the camera crashed. Set your governor to whatever you'd like, I recommend InteractiveX or SmartassV2. Check the 'Set On Boot' option.

Enjoy!

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
600 max isn't an overclock.

806 is a decent guideline. Elias, what you should do is, in your overclock settings, set your minimum to 480. Anything below this will just end up eating more battery than necessary. This is due to the processor using the same voltage at any frequency below 480mhz, therefore requiring more power to ramp back up when you use the phone.

As far as your maximum, set your governer to Performance. This will cause the phone to use the max speed all the time. Set your max a step above 600, and open your camera. If it doesn't crash, or reboot, do it again, this time increasing your max one more time. This will help you to determine what your stable maximum is for your phone. Now, once you hit a frequency that crashes the camera, when the phone reboots, set your maximum to one or two notches BELOW where the camera crashed. Set your governor to whatever you'd like, I recommend InteractiveX or SmartassV2. Check the 'Set On Boot' option.

Enjoy!
Thanks you've been very help for me lol

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow so I did what you said cole and I'm safe all the way to 864 mhz (which is the max mirage goes too). But I'm not too sure if I should use it because if I run it for too long on 864 will it mess up any hardware?

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow so I did what you said cole and I'm safe all the way to 864 mhz (which is the max mirage goes too). But I'm not too sure if I should use it because if I run it for too long on 864 will it mess up any hardware?

You are one lucky son of a gun.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me just say this, when I first started overclocking and running custom Gingerbread ROMs...I --used-- to be able to go to 864. I'm lucky if I can hit 825 now.

I do not recommend running at your maximum possible speed. You may still experience instability down the line. I'd stick at 806, maybe 825, but would never advise staying at 864.

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me just say this, when I first started overclocking and running custom Gingerbread ROMs...I --used-- to be able to go to 864. I'm lucky if I can hit 825 now.

I do not recommend running at your maximum possible speed. You may still experience instability down the line. I'd stick at 806, maybe 825, but would never advise staying at 864.
I though so. I'm just going to stay at 806 that's all I need anyways.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
To save batter obviously. When I'm not using it my battery still drains like hell with its 6 hour battery life.

Believe it or not, overclock helps your battery life on this phone. I don't know all about it but leslieann does. Overclock and undervolt are two different things also.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There's some interesting back and forth on the Mirage thread between mrg666 and danemand (sp?) exploring the efficacy of different governors. Worth hunting down the posts for some additional insight. They did some decent real world tests and shared their results.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
806mhz has been reported as the best over-clock for this phone on multiple Android boards. It seems to be the most stable, doesn't cause a lot of heat, and it doesn't require extra voltage.

My phone has been at 806 for 4 months now, and its running fine :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma