04-19-2013 12:12 AM
487 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    How do I update my baseband from zv4 to zv5 (noob)
    07-25-2012 01:50 AM

Second post
    07-25-2012 01:53 AM
    No, its completely illegal. Not questionably. It is illegal, unless based on a stock rom like harmonia. Its Google liscences and copyrights.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I was pretty sure that was the case. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's ROM parade, I just don't want anybody to get in trouble. Not with Google mind you, I don't think they go around policing forums for license violators, but it is against forum rules. It would just end up getting removed by a mod, unless you can post it in it's own flashable zip.
    07-25-2012 01:53 AM
    No, its completely illegal. Not questionably. It is illegal, unless based on a stock rom like harmonia. Its Google liscences and copyrights.

Sorry, i meant what i was going to do might be questionably illegal
    I'm not going to include Gapps into my potential JellyBean Super fix zip.
    07-25-2012 01:54 AM
    If you're a noob, then don't. It's an exremely complicated method that, if you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY, will brick your phone irreparibly. And the benefits if you do suceed are marginal at best.

Nonetheless, if you must try, the thread is here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...zv5-stock.html

I repeat, unless you have some compelling reason to do this, the large risk is probably not worth the reward.
    07-25-2012 01:56 AM
    You could include a bunch of other awesome things though! Like...Amphetamines. And the Google Now for ICS app.
    07-25-2012 01:57 AM
    Thanks
    07-25-2012 01:57 AM
    As long as the gapps are not built into the rom, your fine.

07-25-2012 01:58 AM
    That was never his plan. He's not building a rom or combining a rom and gapps. He's going to add the romFIXES to gapps. Pretty sure that's legal. He's simply modifying the gapps package-something developers do all the time.
    07-25-2012 01:59 AM
    If you're a noob, then don't. It's an exremely complicated method that, if you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY, will brick your phone irreparibly. And the benefits if you do suceed are marginal at best.

I repeat, unless you have some compelling reason to do this, the large risk is probably not worth the reward.
    ohhhh...well never mind. I still need my phone lol
    07-25-2012 02:00 AM

Ninja'd you haha and it's really not that complicated with Sammyz new guide. It's pretty straightforward.

MUCH less complicated than getting S firmware on there and the zvj radio.
    07-25-2012 02:01 AM
    That was never his plan. He's not building a rom or combining a rom and gapps. He's going to add the romFIXES to gapps. Pretty sure that's legal. He's simply modifying the gapps package-something developers do all the time.
    I'm actually going to keep gapps and the fixes seperate, until i can confirm the fixes work.
    EVERYONE CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!
    I'm backing up my current ROM, and going to Flash JB and the Fixes for the first time!!
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-25-2012 02:02 AM
    Wooot! Hey, does data work???
    07-25-2012 02:03 AM
    Yes that's legal. And I took it that he was going to post a patched rom.

flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-25-2012 02:14 AM
    Yes that's legal. And I took it that he was going to post a patched rom.

A flashable zip to be flashed over CyanogenMod 10 ZVJ Jellybean ROM to get everything working(Zakman's ZVD fix, My Audio fix, and My Key Swap fix) for use of this ROM on the V.
    07-25-2012 02:19 AM
    Does anyone know why icons and the text associated with them on the home screen seems to be misaligned on the OV? Is it screen density or just the rom itself?

EDIT: @nitestalkr what audio was fixed?
    07-25-2012 02:20 AM
    Does anyone know why icons and the text associated with them on the home screen seems to be misaligned on the OV? Is it screen density or just the rom itself?

It's the rom.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    YoshinJaa likes this.
    07-25-2012 02:22 AM

This must be the 'banding' that people are talking about. I didn't have that issue when I flashed it.
    07-25-2012 02:23 AM

StumDroid reported that audio was not working.. so i'm testing to see if my fix, fixes it..

On a side note, Just successfully Flashed Jelly Bean, Gapps, and my Super Fix.
    Booting now...
    07-25-2012 02:24 AM
    A flashable zip to be flashed over CyanogenMod 10 ZVJ Jellybean ROM to get everything working(Zakman's ZVD fix, My Audio fix, and My Key Swap fix) for use of this ROM on the V.
    So data worked?? Also, for those .so files, could you maybe replace the one's that he used with the ones from aokp beta1pre3?? They said that's supposed to fix the banding(Which I never experienced but it should help others).
    07-25-2012 02:25 AM
    This must be the 'banding' that people are talking about. I didn't have that issue when I flashed it.
    I think the banding is referring to color banding on the screen. Do you have blotchy rectangles around the home screen and in settings?

@nitestalkr, not to be a pain, but could you possibly fix the 'roaming indicator off' to 'Virgin Mobile' as well?
    07-25-2012 02:25 AM
    So data worked?? Also, for those .so files, could you maybe replace the one's that he used with the ones from aokp beta1pre3?? They said that's supposed to fix the banding(Which I never experienced but it should help others).
    From what you said, data is working, and I'm including the .so's from Quattrimus CM9 7/24 nightly... it all flashed a'ok, its just taking a while to boot up. If everything goes accordingly, I will upload my fix, although there is one small bug with it... the Quattrimus Q screen got flashed included in the Super Fix by mistake...
    07-25-2012 02:29 AM
    I think the banding is referring to color banding on the screen. Do you have blotchy rectangles around the home screen and in settings?

@nitestalkr, not to be a pain, but could you possibly fix the 'roaming indicator off' to 'Virgin Mobile' as well?
    That would require me editing some files within the ROM, and TBH, I'm not sure how to fix that part.

Phone wouldn't boot, editing my flashable zip a lil more to fix this issue.

Removed the Quattrimus "Q" from the zip, waiting to see if it will completely boot.
    On average, how long does it take Jelly Bean to boot from a completely clean install???
    07-25-2012 02:34 AM
    That would require me editing some files within the ROM, and TBH, I'm not sure how to fix that part.

Phone wouldn't boot, editing my flashable zip a lil more to fix this issue.

Removed the Quattrimus "Q" from the zip, waiting to see if it will completely boot.
    On average, how long does it take Jelly Bean to boot from a completely clean install???
    A full wipe/install should take no more than 5-10 minutes on average.
    07-25-2012 02:48 AM
    A full wipe/install should take no more than 5-10 minutes on average.
    Is there anything special that i need to do to get Jelly Bean to boot?
    It's not getting past the CyanogenMod boot screen (the one that typically shows up before the boot animation, after the LG screen)
    This is my first time attempting to flash it.. so i'm doing a standard format /system, /data, /boot, /cache, /dalvik-cache, clean install.

Editing my Flashable zip Fix again, thinking that some files in it are causing the boot issue.

Yup, something in my Fix zip was preventing it to boot... going to try installing it after i boot into jelly Bean first. (going to include one of my boot animations into the fix zip)
    07-25-2012 02:58 AM
487 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD