04-19-2013 12:12 AM
487 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    i just flashed it also... froze on android logo, left it alone, rebooted itself after a few min, then booted fully...
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 03:26 AM
    Is there anything special that i need to do to get Jelly Bean to boot?
    It's not getting past the CyanogenMod boot screen (the one that typically shows up before the boot animation, after the LG screen)
    This is my first time attempting to flash it.. so i'm doing a standard format /system, /data, /boot, /cache, /dalvik-cache, clean install.

Editing my Flashable zip Fix again, thinking that some files in it are causing the boot issue.

Yup, something in my Fix zip was preventing it to boot... going to try installing it after i boot into jelly Bean first. (going to include one of my boot animations into the fix zip)
    You may want to exclude the boot animation the system is going to need all the room it can get.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 03:33 AM
    Well, apparently the audio libs in my fix were preventing it to boot(there isn't a way to fix audio in the headphone jack YET!, i will continue trying though)... sooooo i just implemented Zakman's ZVD fix, my Arc Boot animation(i hate the standard 'android' boot animation), and the Button key fix.

Will upload to my media fire account soon.
    07-25-2012 03:36 AM
    You may want to exclude the boot animation the system is going to need all the room it can get.

my boot animation is EXTREMELY small, and it boots just fine with it in.
    07-25-2012 03:37 AM
    Well even though I included the Optimus V Keypad layout that USUALLY fixes the key swap, they stay the same. I'm guessing the Kernel is overriding the Key swap fix, so we're going to need a Kernel built for the V, and not the S(might ask tdm for a flashable zip of his kernel for the V.) And the audio libs were crashing the system at boot.. so basically, all this fix is going to have, is Zakman's ZVD fix, and my Arc bootanimation.

@cole2kb, can you include the following in the OP for everyone?
    JellyBean Super Fix for the LG Optimus V!
    ------Installation---(Must have ROM ZVJ WIP CyanogenMod 10 installed FIRST!)---
    -wipe cache
    -wipe dalvik-cache
    -disable signature verification
    -flash as you would with everything else

Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
    The official CM10 Boot animation (Thanks Nate456 for providing the link!)
    LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
    Enjoy!!
    JellyBean Super fix.zip (1.51 MB) Flashable zip!
    07-25-2012 04:00 AM
    Well, apparently the audio libs in my fix were preventing it to boot(there isn't a current way to fix audio in the headphone jack, i will continue trying though)... sooooo i just implemented Zakman's ZVD fix, my Arc Boot animation(i hate the standard 'android' boot animation), and the Button key fix doesn't work, i believe its a kernel issue as it usually is(will look into this too).

Will upload to my media fire account soon.
    For the button key fix, i realized how simple it was and it works, so I don't think its kernel issue.
    What you do is go to system/usr/keylayout/thunderc_keypad.kl and edit it in a text editor (I don't recommend notepad, maybe Notepad++(for PC) or ES File Explorer/Root Explorer).
    All you do is replace and save (if you don't trust your editing skill, make a backup first):
    Code:
    key 139 MENU [to key 139 HOME]
    Code:
    key 102 HOME [to key 102 MENU]
    The end resulting file should look like:
    Code:
    #
    key 2     1
    key 3     2
    key 4     3
    key 5     4
    key 6     5
    key 7     6
    key 8     7
    key 9     8
    key 10    9
    key 11    0
    key 158   BACK              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 230   HOME              WAKE
    key 60    SOFT_RIGHT        WAKE
    key 62    ENDCALL           WAKE_DROPPED
    key 229   MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 59    MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 139   HOME              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 228   POUND
    key 227   STAR
    key 231   CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 61    CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 232   DPAD_CENTER       WAKE_DROPPED
    key 108   DPAD_DOWN         WAKE_DROPPED
    key 103   DPAD_UP           WAKE_DROPPED
    key 102   MENU           WAKE
    key 105   DPAD_LEFT         WAKE_DROPPED
    key 106   DPAD_RIGHT        WAKE_DROPPED
    key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
    key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
    key 213   DEL               WAKE_DROPPED
    key 355   DEL               WAKE_DROPPED
    key 212   CAMERA
    key 247   FOCUS
    key 217   SEARCH            WAKE_DROPPED
    key 216   APP_SWITCH         VIRTUAL

key 226   HEADSETHOOK       WAKE
    key 116   POWER             WAKE
    key 107   POWER             WAKE_DROPPED

key 16    Q
    key 17    W
    key 18    E
    key 19    R
    key 20    T
    key 21    Y
    key 22    U
    key 23    I
    key 24    O
    key 25    P

key 30    A
    key 31    S
    key 32    D
    key 33    F
    key 34    G
    key 35    H
    key 36    J
    key 37    K
    key 38    L
    key 14    DEL

key 44    Z
    key 45    X
    key 46    C
    key 47    V
    key 48    B
    key 49    N
    key 50    M
    key 51    COMMA
    key 52    PERIOD
    key 28    ENTER

key 56    ALT_LEFT
    key 42    SHIFT_LEFT
    key 215   AT
    key 57    SPACE
    key 53    SLASH
    key 127   SYM
    key 100   ALT_RIGHT

key 399   GRAVE
    and that should do it. It sets the menu button and home button on my OV to proper function.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 04:07 AM
    For the button key fix, i realized how simple it was and it works, so I don't think its kernel issue.
    What you do is go to system/usr/keylayout/thunderc_keypad.kl and edit it in a text editor (I don't recommend notepad, maybe Notepad++(for PC) or ES File Explorer/Root Explorer).
    All you do is edit and save (if you don't trust your editing skill, make a backup first):
    Code:
    key 139 MENU [to key 139 HOME]
    Code:
    key 102 HOME [to key 102 MENU]
    and that should do it. It sets the menu button and home button on my OV to proper function.
    I included that in the zip, and the changes didn't stick, which is why i think its the kernel. I see what i need to do now... ha, they are different numbers than the one i used in the flashable zip, i fix this, and re upload.

Thanks YoshinJaa, your fix is now included in the flashable zip!!
    Willing to test it out to confirm that it works?(JUST got done restoring back to Quattrimus lol)
    07-25-2012 04:10 AM
    For anyone who doesn't want nitestaklr bootanimation
    Here is a link to some CM10 ones. Make sure you pick mdpi, not hdpi, but mdpi.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1782074

nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 04:24 AM
    For anyone who doesn't want nitestaklr bootanimation
    Here is a link to some CM10 ones. Make sure you pick mdpi, not hdpi, but mdpi.

[BOOTANIMATION] CyanogenMod 10 (MULTI-RES-PHONE/TABLET)-[LIGHT/AMOLED BLACK VERSIONS) - xda-developers

I will add the CM10 Bootanimation to the Fix zip

Added the CMX Boot animation to the "Jelly Bean Super fix"
    07-25-2012 04:27 AM
    I included that in the zip, and the changes didn't stick, which is why i think its the kernel. I see what i need to do now... ha, they are different numbers than the one i used in the flashable zip, i fix this, and re upload.

Thanks YoshinJaa, your fix is now included in the flashable zip!!
    Willing to test it out to confirm that it works?(JUST got done restoring back to Quattrimus lol)
    no problem sadly, however I cannot test it, as I'm currently testing BobZ rom now.
    07-25-2012 04:46 AM
    no problem sadly, however I cannot test it, as I'm currently testing BobZ rom now.
    Lol, it's all good. I'm 100% sure that it works.
    Just will have to wait till some other guinea pig comes along and takes a nibble.
    YoshinJaa likes this.
    07-25-2012 04:54 AM
    Would test but I'm on ZVJ and don't feel like getting on the laptop.

07-25-2012 05:23 AM
    Would test but I'm on ZVJ and don't feel like getting on the laptop.

There's no need to use a computer to flash. You can download and install straight from yyour phone. And now with my flashable zip fix, there's no real need to use ZVJ.

In theory, my fix will work for any and all Optimus S roms being used on the Optimus V, its like a 1 stop port. mms will still be broken though(can't make a flashable zip for a MMS fix AFAIK).

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-25-2012 05:37 AM
    There's no need to use a computer to flash. You can download and install straight from yyour phone. And now with my flashable zip fix, there's no real need to use ZVJ.

In theory, my fix will work for any and all Optimus S roms being used on the Optimus V, its like a 1 stop port. mms will still be broken though(can't make a flashable zip for a MMS fix AFAIK).

I know but for me to actually test to see if it works I would have to use LGSPT to revert to ZV5 and flash it.

07-25-2012 06:47 AM
    I know but for me to actually test to see if it works I would have to use LGSPT to revert to ZV5 and flash it.

Ahhhh, I see now.
    Any noticeable improvements using ZVJ vs. ZVD/ZV5??

07-25-2012 06:53 AM

Oh yeah. My service is working. I just have airplane mode on because there's bad service at work.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 08:10 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Oh yeah. My service is working. I just have airplane mode on because there's bad service at work.

Did you use my flashable zip?
    It contains the data fix, and the button swap fix, along with the CM10 boot animation as a bonus.

07-25-2012 08:17 AM
    It contains the data fix, and the button swap fix, along with the CM10 boot animation as a bonus.

I did

nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 09:26 AM
    Ima noob at this I just started flashing my v I've been using tdm cm9 build picd below ,so can I use your rom on my opt v , I've been waiting for a stable jellybean rom before I went and flashed one

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-25-2012 11:02 AM
    You can flash this rom. flash the fix that nitestalkr posted and everything will work but mms. but that can be fixed easily with go fix. but this is not really stable. it's smooth and everything, but development is still in the very early stages.
    androidCHEECH likes this.
    07-25-2012 11:09 AM
    I love the Android community seems like everybody so helpful and all workin together unlike apple where they be making you wanna put yo hands on them grrrr oh and I was reading in previous post I didnr have to get on the comp to do anything I can just download the zips on my phone and just flash from recovery or w.e the term is, true?

07-25-2012 11:17 AM
    That is true. However, sometimes when downloading zips on the phone itll download corrupt. so make sure you nandroid backup before you go flashing.

His comment about the computer was because in earlier development of this, you had to be plugged in to a computer in order to boot the phone(sorta like having to be plugged in after jailbreaking an iphone)
    androidCHEECH likes this.
    07-25-2012 11:20 AM
    Gotcha, ima give it a try right now and post screen shots after you were a awesome help bro
    07-25-2012 11:25 AM

I flashed your fix again, but it didn't fix my buttons..
    07-25-2012 11:52 AM
    Anyone running this, is there anything else I need to put in the OP as far as what works / what doesn't for us?
    07-25-2012 11:56 AM
487 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD