04-18-2013 11:12 PM
487 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    In case anyone is interested:

I use titanium backup. It defaults to restoring apps and data to internal memory even though my apps and data were on the SD card when I took my backups. The end result was that, to restore all of my apps, I had to restore in multiple batches. Restore some, move those to SD card, and repeat until finished.

Link2sd was pretty good moving everything but itself and the play store.

I should also point out how the display looks I fill it, I'm not sure if this is what is called 'banding':
    Attachment 32491

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 10:15 PM
    In case anyone is interested:

I use titanium backup. It defaults to restoring apps and data to internal memory even though my apps and data were on the SD card when I took my backups. The end result was that, to restore all of my apps, I had to restore in multiple batches. Restore some, move those to SD card, and repeat until finished.

Link2sd was pretty good moving everything but itself and the play store.

I should also point out how the display looks I fill it, I'm not sure if this is what is called 'banding':
    Attachment 32491

If you use another launcher, such as Apex Launcher, it fixes the margins of the displaying of apps, fitting them to the screen correctly.

'Banding' I am sure, refers to the rectangular shades of colors that displays on screen, such as when you are in Settings (thats the easiest place to see it).
    07-26-2012 10:42 PM
    Sure enough, launcher pro scales correctly. I do like the default launcher on the nexus 7, wonder what would be causing this issue.

Re: banding, I see what you are referring to. I dont think I would have noticed that on my own

07-26-2012 10:58 PM
    I'm done porting. I either have service and banding or I have no service and no banding. wtf.
    07-26-2012 11:06 PM
    With the sd-ext script that tdm has, every app that you download, install, and use on the phone(other than built in system apps) will be automagically moved to the sd-ext partition, along with the apps cache.

i can't remember what app others were talking about(its mentioned somewhere in this thread) but i do suggest it for a temporary Wifi tethering fix.
    +1 THIS. I would love to have automated scripts move apps to sd-ext when installed. This is moving along greatly (the fixes). Almost gives me a reason to go back to JB

EDIT: @Zakman: what exactly are you porting?
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-26-2012 11:10 PM
    I'm done porting. I either have service and banding or I have no service and no banding. wtf.
    Keep trying man!!! don't give up!
    Zakman likes this.
    07-26-2012 11:16 PM
    Well i used Drews jb and put the zvd files in and i tried to port a p500 jb rom and i get no service. but no banding with drews i get banding
    07-26-2012 11:23 PM
    Well i used Drews jb and put the zvd files in and i tried to port a p500 jb rom and i get no service. but no banding with drews i get banding
    Try using files from the OV.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2012 12:21 AM
    Well the thing is I need a list of files that I know are for the radio so I can port them from drews to the p500 rom I have

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2012 01:00 AM
    Well the thing is I need a list of files that I know are for the radio so I can port them from drews to the p500 rom I have

The files that you replaced and anything in system/lib that has ril in the name.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2012 01:09 AM
    +1 THIS. I would love to have automated scripts move apps to sd-ext when installed. This is moving along greatly (the fixes). Almost gives me a reason to go back to JB

EDIT: @Zakman: what exactly are you porting?
    Still waiting on tdm to give me an answer
    07-27-2012 01:55 AM
    Still waiting on tdm to give me an answer
    He is away from internet, til Sunday I think, so don't expect a fast response

07-27-2012 02:40 AM
    He is away from internet, til Sunday I think, so don't expect a fast response

i can wait, im sure we all can lol
    07-27-2012 02:56 AM
    Still can't download Google Voice from the Play Store with your build.prop fixes nitestlkr
    Oh quick suggestion: maybe you should put versions or dates on your Jellybean fix .zips to avoid confusion and whether we have the latest one
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-27-2012 06:00 AM
    Still can't download Google Voice from the Play Store with your build.prop fixes nitestlkr
    Oh quick suggestion: maybe you should put versions or dates on your Jellybean fix .zips to avoid confusion and whether we have the latest one
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will do so when I make my next fix zip.
    And I think some aapps just are bot compatible with jelly bean yet... would make since considering this also happened soon after early early alpha ics builds were up.. just aa theory

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-27-2012 06:04 AM
    Google voice installed for me fine. There was a small time delay between nitestalkr saying the fix was available and when it actually was available....if you were like me and tried to download the second nitestalkr was online

07-27-2012 08:33 AM
    this is a tentative statement and i'm not sure how to properly test this:

I think either the GPS or the WIFI stays on even when the phone goes to sleep. And the only reason I say this is because my phone died last night and my cell service was in airplane mode (i don't get cell service at my home).

how can i verify this is statement is true?

edit: actually gps is stuck at searching for service right now so maybe gps is not working?
    07-27-2012 12:06 PM
    Here is my current build: cm10-27072012-Zakman.zip

If someone can help me get radio working then I would be very happy. btw this is an unofficial test build.
    YoshinJaa and nitestalkr like this.
    07-27-2012 12:09 PM
    @Zakman this build wont install on my phone, specifically here is the recovery log message:
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.

I've performed typical pre-flash steps i.e. wipe and format everything except sdcard.

i wasnt sure about signature verification so i tried both ways.

is there a special step i forgot to read about?
    07-27-2012 01:52 PM
    Zakman, more information. Is it built from source, ported, what?
    07-27-2012 02:13 PM
    I ported it from a p500 jb cm10 rom. I haven't tested it.

07-27-2012 02:14 PM
    I see. Hmm well in not gonna be able to test today, but I will whenever I can tomorrow or Sunday! Btw, how did you get hydro to work on the v with the radio functions?!
    07-27-2012 02:18 PM
    @Zakman this build wont install on my phone, specifically here is the recovery log message:

I've performed typical pre-flash steps i.e. wipe and format everything except sdcard.

i wasnt sure about signature verification so i tried both ways.

is there a special step i forgot to read about?
    redownload it
    07-27-2012 02:58 PM
    reuploading. Its a script error. i fixed it.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-27-2012 05:35 PM
    reuploading. Its a script error. i fixed it.
    Asserts? If he would've given more details I would have known that.

07-27-2012 05:39 PM
487 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD