04-19-2013 12:12 AM
487 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    reuploaded cm10-27072012-Zakman.zip
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-27-2012 07:59 PM
    @Everyone... so, i found a flashable script similar to tdm's. but i cant seem to find a way to get it to integrate with my current fix.. But, i COULD just re-distribute the 2-ext script to be flashed on top of my patch.. thing is, installation would go like this Jellybean==>Gapps==>JellyBean super fix==>2ext script==>2ext script patch... sounds like too much flashing to me.. but that's all up to what you guys think.
    07-27-2012 11:23 PM
    @Everyone... so, i found a flashable script similar to tdm's. but i cant seem to find a way to get it to integrate with my current fix.. But, i COULD just re-distribute the 2-ext script to be flashed on top of my patch.. thing is, installation would go like this Jellybean==>Gapps==>JellyBean super fix==>2ext script==>2ext script patch... sounds like too much flashing to me.. but that's all up to what you guys think.
    to intergrate it into your fix, create a directory of system/etc/init.d and place the script in there. then look at tdms updater script to see what permissions it sets for the init.d folder, add it into your updater script, and your golden.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-27-2012 11:28 PM
    to intergrate it into your fix, create a directory of system/etc/init.d and place the script in there. then look at tdms updater script to see what permissions it sets for the init.d folder, add it into your updater script, and your golden.
    So I wont have tto add anything to the updater binary? That's what I was worried about lol

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-27-2012 11:43 PM
    So I wont have tto add anything to the updater binary? That's what I was worried about lol

no, i dont think so. Ive never even been able to get an updater-binary file to open
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-27-2012 11:47 PM
    no, i dont think so. Ive never even been able to get an updater-binary file to open
    Ok, thanks for your help, will be uploading the updated fix soon, for testing to see if the 2ext script works(its not tdm's).
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-27-2012 11:50 PM
    Ok, thanks for your help, will be uploading the updated fix soon, for testing to see if the 2ext script works(its not tdm's).
    Did tdm write that script?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2012 11:59 PM
    Did tdm write that script?

I'm using a different script, one written by "DavisNT" for the P500, and it works on the V(i've used it in the past)
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-28-2012 12:05 AM
    Updated the 2nd post, made it pretty :3
    and updated the fix, you can grab it there, or here: JellyBean Super fix-Optimus V-07272012.zip (3 MB) Flashable zip!

I do have to add a warning, it will not work unless you have an SD-ext partition on your sdcard.
    sellers86 and inceyet like this.
    07-28-2012 12:07 AM
    Updated the 2nd post, made it pretty :3
    and updated the fix, you can grab it there, or here: JellyBean Super fix-Optimus V-07272012.zip (3 MB) Flashable zip!

I do have to add a warning, it will not work unless you have an SD-ext partition on your sdcard.
    So I take it my advice worked? Reason I'm wondering is because when I update cna I want to include one.

07-28-2012 12:10 AM
    So I take it my advice worked? Reason I'm wondering is because when I update cna I want to include one.

Pulling it, the script has to be flashed on top of my patch.
    It needs to be booted first, and then flashed.. but it cant be booted unless its my fix is flashed..
    so for now, there's no 2ext script
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-28-2012 12:33 AM
    Pulling it, the script has to be flashed on top of my patch.
    It needs to be booted first, and then flashed.. but it cant be booted unless its my fix is flashed..
    so for now, there's no 2ext script
    Wait what? I booted first then flashed it. Seems like it worked. I skipped the step of wiping cache and dalvik-cache though.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-28-2012 12:54 AM
    Wait what? I booted first then flashed it. Seems like it worked. I skipped the step of wiping cache and dalvik-cache though.
    I think its cause im doing it from a complete clean install... I'm assuming you were running JellyBean before flashing the updated patch??
    07-28-2012 01:36 AM
    I think its cause im doing it from a complete clean install... I'm assuming you were running JellyBean before flashing the updated patch??
    I did a clean install. Full wipe then flashed Jellybean then Gapps. Booted up then restarted into recovery and flashed the .zip. Installed fine with no errors Checked sd-ext and app/app-private/dalvik-cache all there

Note: I did try installing it right after flashing Jellybean and Gapps but got errors. The error said something about /data/app-private (something like that) missing and installation aborted. This led me to assume it had to be booted once first and not to wipe cache/dalvik. Hope this helps
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-28-2012 08:18 AM
    I did a clean install. Full wipe then flashed Jellybean then Gapps. Booted up then restarted into recovery and flashed the .zip. Installed fine with no errors Checked sd-ext and app/app-private/dalvik-cache all there

Note: I did try installing it right after flashing Jellybean and Gapps but got errors. The error said something about /data/app-private (something like that) missing and installation aborted. This led me to assume it had to be booted once first and not to wipe cache/dalvik. Hope this helps
    Yea, that's what I thought needed to be done, I'll just add that step into the installation guide.
    Thanks for providing that info.

Fixed the OP, providing 2 download options, one with SD-ext Scripts, and one without.

exProphecy, Mack07018 and inceyet like this.
    07-28-2012 03:48 PM
    I've nailed it down to one of these four files is causing our color banding:
    libbinder
    libdss
    libnv
    libqmi

Testing time.
    07-29-2012 01:41 AM
    I've nailed it down to one of these four files is causing our color banding:
    libbinder
    libdss
    libnv
    libqmi

Testing time.
    How?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2012 01:43 AM
    I ran through the files on the ls670 Jelybean then ran through the ones on my working port of Jellybean that was originally for p500 (optimus one) and doesnt have banding and these are the only files that are different between the two.
    sellers86 and nitestalkr like this.
    07-29-2012 01:45 AM
    I ran through the files on the ls670 Jelybean then ran through the ones on my working port of Jellybean that was originally for p500 (optimus one) and doesnt have banding and these are the only files that are different between the two.
    Makes sense. Good luck!

Zakman likes this.
    07-29-2012 01:56 AM
    2 down 2 to go. testing...
    07-29-2012 01:57 AM
    Im down to libnv. Im pretty sure its it because NV stands for Nvidia right? anyway, testing. hopefully it'll work. and we can all be happy
    07-29-2012 02:14 AM
    Im down to libnv. Im pretty sure its it because NV stands for Nvidia right? anyway, testing. hopefully it'll work. and we can all be happy
    I didn't even notice it lol. But not sure if nv stands for NVIDIA

07-29-2012 02:20 AM
    Well it turns out none of them fixed the banding NV doesnt stand for nvidia. it's radio stuff. damn, back to the drawing board.
    07-29-2012 02:25 AM
    Well it turns out none of them fixed the banding NV doesnt stand for nvidia. it's radio stuff. damn, back to the drawing board.
    All that matters is, you now know it's none of those, and that you are slowly getting closer.
    Keep up the good work, and once you figure it out, I'll add it to the flashable jellybean fixes.
    Time to continue my Optimus S/V integration project.

07-29-2012 02:31 AM
    Found a few more libs. liboem_rapi and liboncrpc, gonna test in the morning.
    sellers86 and nitestalkr like this.
    07-29-2012 02:37 AM
487 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD