04-18-2013 11:12 PM
487 ... 45678 ...
tools
    The fix is the specific Ril files to replace then you have zvd. Meaning access to the vm network.
    I know. there are other ril files in system/lib, for example libril.so etc. those are the ones I replaced not the ones you did.
    07-22-2012 11:34 PM
    In system/lib/ replace libgstk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so with these: fix_zvd.zip

it worked
    07-22-2012 11:43 PM
    What happened to my post? I was wondering where the download to the rom was. Nevermind I found my post it was hiding.
    07-22-2012 11:57 PM
    Wait so vm works in jellybean now then? On the zvd radio?
    07-23-2012 12:03 AM
    Yes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 12:06 AM
    Yes sir. But there is now a visual banding problem.
    07-23-2012 12:06 AM
    Zakman, if you post a ROM ZIP, you need to ask drew for permission. This is his ROM you are building on.

Yes, I realize you never mentioned plans of posting a full ROM, however, I'm preempting problems that might arise by telling you now. This goes for anyone else that is getting trigger-happy with 7zip right now.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:59 AM
    Zakman, if you post a ROM ZIP, you need to ask drew for permission. This is his ROM you are building on.

Yes, I realize you never mentioned plans of posting a full ROM, however, I'm preempting problems that might arise by telling you now. This goes for anyone else that is getting trigger-happy with 7zip right now.
    Well in all fairness, Zakman did make a breakthrough for Optimus v users. I'm sure Drew wouldn't mind all too much, especially with what Zakman just contributed.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-23-2012 04:00 AM
    Well in all fairness, Zakman did make a breakthrough for Optimus v users. I'm sure Drew wouldn't mind all too much, especially with what Zakman just contributed.

even then, drew could use the fix and post a ZVD rom on the S forum. IMHO, I think its better to just post the fix zip. if he posts a whole new rom, he'll have to be able to give support for it, and if hes comfortable with that then thats fine.
    07-23-2012 04:11 AM
    even then, drew could use the fix and post a ZVD rom on the S forum. IMHO, I think its better to just post the fix zip. if he posts a whole new rom, he'll have to be able to give support for it, and if hes comfortable with that then thats fine.
    Exactly, everyone, including Drew, would benefit from Zakman's work he did, with or without permission, Android development is open source for this reason, to share each others work, and to help work on projects. Permission is just one of those things that's not necessarily needed in cases like this.

07-23-2012 04:38 AM
    Exactly, everyone, including Drew, would benefit from Zakman's work he did, with or without permission, Android development is open source for this reason, to share each others work, and to help work on projects. Permission is just one of those things that's not necessarily needed in cases like this.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that permission is not needed, but you certainly have a good point.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 04:49 AM
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that permission is not needed, but you certainly have a good point.

In some cases its not, but when releasing others work, it is. When releasing a flash able zip to be used with specifically someones ROM, permission isn't really needed, since its your own work, to be used with someone else's.

flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-23-2012 04:59 AM
    In some cases its not, but when releasing others work, it is. When releasing a flash able zip to be used with specifically someones ROM, permission isn't really needed, since its your own work, to be used with someone else's.

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant a whole rom lol. In that case, no its not needed.

07-23-2012 05:02 AM
    I misunderstood you. I thought you meant a whole rom lol. In that case, no its not needed.

Lol, well I'm glad I explained my thinking a little more

sellers86 likes this.
    07-23-2012 05:26 AM
    Hmm wonder if the fix works on other zvj roms

07-23-2012 07:57 AM
    So it looks like I wont have time to make this guide to changing to ZVJ until tomorrow. Anyone going to port some OSZVJ roms over to OVZVJ?
    Just need MMS and key switch.
    Sent from my Optimus M
    i would be glad too

Sent From My LS670
    07-23-2012 08:01 AM
    JELLYBEAN ZVD HOLY CRAP
    IM GONNA FLASH RIGHT NOW
    THANK U ZAKMAN!!!!!

Sent From My LS670
    07-23-2012 08:08 AM
    In system/lib/ replace libgstk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so with these: fix_zvd.zip
    Just tried it, and its amazing!!!! :'D thank you so much c:
    07-23-2012 09:57 AM
    Can I do this on the phone itself? just replace them, fix permissions, and reboot?

Also, Zakman, have you tried the Go fix for mms yet on JB? Did it work?
    07-23-2012 10:49 AM
    Yes, I was referring to repackaging and posting a whole ROM. To be honest, it wasn't really for Drew's sake only, it was also for our own developers working to get Jellybean going.

sellers86 and nitestalkr like this.
    07-23-2012 10:59 AM
    Can I do this on the phone itself? just replace them, fix permissions, and reboot?

Also, Zakman, have you tried the Go fix for mms yet on JB? Did it work?
    I wouldn't try it like that, just place the files in the zip itself, but do not unzip the ROM file, if you do, and try to zip it back up, it won't become flash able due to the default compression method used.

andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-23-2012 11:26 AM
    For some reason it won't allow me to move those files over. I'll replace the files on the phone before I flash it. That should work, I think.
    07-23-2012 11:47 AM
    Ummmm this is really awesome!!! I've noticed something though, the sounds not working I don't know if the phone speaker works as mine broke while in Alpha CM9, but I know plugging speakers in or headphones don't work. Is there any fix for this!?!?!? Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 11:53 AM
    Ummmm this is really awesome!!! I've noticed something though, the sounds not working I don't know if the phone speaker works as mine broke while in Alpha CM9, but I know plugging speakers in or headphones don't work. Is there any fix for this!?!?!? Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    It probably doesn't have proper sound drivers yet.
    Just a guess, I don't know for certain.

StumDroid likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:04 PM
    For some reason it won't allow me to move those files over. I'll replace the files on the phone before I flash it. That should work, I think.
    Hmm, odd.. what zip manager are you using??

07-23-2012 12:04 PM
487 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD