Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

zakman, if you plan to post a link to the patched rom, be prepared to support it. just a warning :) good job though, all I did was replace the ril files.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

The fix is the specific Ril files to replace then you have zvd. Meaning access to the vm network.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

The fix is the specific Ril files to replace then you have zvd. Meaning access to the vm network.

I know. there are other ril files in system/lib, for example libril.so etc. those are the ones I replaced not the ones you did.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

In system/lib/ replace libgstk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so with these: fix_zvd.zip

mother-of-god-template.jpg

it worked:D:D:D

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

What happened to my post? I was wondering where the download to the rom was. Nevermind I found my post it was hiding.

Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes sir. But there is now a visual banding problem.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Zakman, if you post a ROM ZIP, you need to ask drew for permission. This is his ROM you are building on.

Yes, I realize you never mentioned plans of posting a full ROM, however, I'm preempting problems that might arise by telling you now. This goes for anyone else that is getting trigger-happy with 7zip right now. :)

Reactions: sellers86

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Zakman, if you post a ROM ZIP, you need to ask drew for permission. This is his ROM you are building on.

Yes, I realize you never mentioned plans of posting a full ROM, however, I'm preempting problems that might arise by telling you now. This goes for anyone else that is getting trigger-happy with 7zip right now. :)

Well in all fairness, Zakman did make a breakthrough for Optimus v users. I'm sure Drew wouldn't mind all too much, especially with what Zakman just contributed. :p

sent from my un-dead sammich.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Well in all fairness, Zakman did make a breakthrough for Optimus v users. I'm sure Drew wouldn't mind all too much, especially with what Zakman just contributed. :p

even then, drew could use the fix and post a ZVD rom on the S forum. IMHO, I think its better to just post the fix zip. if he posts a whole new rom, he'll have to be able to give support for it, and if hes comfortable with that then thats fine.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
even then, drew could use the fix and post a ZVD rom on the S forum. IMHO, I think its better to just post the fix zip. if he posts a whole new rom, he'll have to be able to give support for it, and if hes comfortable with that then thats fine.

Exactly, everyone, including Drew, would benefit from Zakman's work he did, with or without permission, Android development is open source for this reason, to share each others work, and to help work on projects. Permission is just one of those things that's not necessarily needed in cases like this.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, everyone, including Drew, would benefit from Zakman's work he did, with or without permission, Android development is open source for this reason, to share each others work, and to help work on projects. Permission is just one of those things that's not necessarily needed in cases like this.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that permission is not needed, but you certainly have a good point.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't go as far as to say that permission is not needed, but you certainly have a good point.

In some cases its not, but when releasing others work, it is. When releasing a flash able zip to be used with specifically someones ROM, permission isn't really needed, since its your own work, to be used with someone else's.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
In some cases its not, but when releasing others work, it is. When releasing a flash able zip to be used with specifically someones ROM, permission isn't really needed, since its your own work, to be used with someone else's.

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant a whole rom lol. In that case, no its not needed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech