Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Can I do this on the phone itself? just replace them, fix permissions, and reboot?

Also, Zakman, have you tried the Go fix for mms yet on JB? Did it work? :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I was referring to repackaging and posting a whole ROM. To be honest, it wasn't really for Drew's sake only, it was also for our own developers working to get Jellybean going.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can I do this on the phone itself? just replace them, fix permissions, and reboot?

Also, Zakman, have you tried the Go fix for mms yet on JB? Did it work? :)

I wouldn't try it like that, just place the files in the zip itself, but do not unzip the ROM file, if you do, and try to zip it back up, it won't become flash able due to the default compression method used.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: andrewnelson23

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

For some reason it won't allow me to move those files over. I'll replace the files on the phone before I flash it. That should work, I think.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm this is really awesome!!! I've noticed something though, the sounds not working :( I don't know if the phone speaker works as mine broke while in Alpha CM9, but I know plugging speakers in or headphones don't work. Is there any fix for this!?!?!? Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm this is really awesome!!! I've noticed something though, the sounds not working :( I don't know if the phone speaker works as mine broke while in Alpha CM9, but I know plugging speakers in or headphones don't work. Is there any fix for this!?!?!? Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

It probably doesn't have proper sound drivers yet.
Just a guess, I don't know for certain.

Reactions: StumDroid

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't try it like that, just place the files in the zip itself, but do not unzip the ROM file, if you do, and try to zip it back up, it won't become flash able due to the default compression method used.

It wouldn't allow me to place the files in the zip.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I was just using my documents folders. lol. Do I have to extract the rom first, or is that what you meant by do not unzip?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do not unzip the rom....meaning do not extract it.

Thanks for explaining that.
And if you do choose to unzip(extract) and want to zip it back up(make it a zip file again) you would need to change the compression method to 'Store' instead of 'Compress'. Sammyz and I discovered this when making our boot animations. But its just easier to NOT extract the zip, and to just open the zip folder with winRAR, 7zip, izarc (I use this), or any other compression software, and copy the needed files from the fix.zip(this zip can be extracted) and replace the ones in the ROM.zip(DO NOT EXTRACT THIS).

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Open the zip file in 7zip. In that application, you can navigate files just like a folder. Delete the old files, replace them with the new ones, it will be saved automatically. Turn off signature verification before you flash. Simple as that.

I do this when I replace launchers in ROMs before I flash, or if I want to get inverted GApps going with less steps. Works great.

edit -- Nate ninja'ed me, haha.

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Open the zip file in 7zip. In that application, you can navigate files just like a folder. Delete the old files, replace them with the new ones, it will be saved automatically. Turn off signature verification before you flash. Simple as that.

I do this when I replace launchers in ROMs before I flash, or if I want to get inverted GApps going with less steps. Works great.

edit -- Nate ninja'ed me, haha.

I ninja'd both of you. xD

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for explaining that.
And if you do choose to unzip(extract) and want to zip it back up(make it a zip file again) you would need to change the compression method to 'Store' instead of 'Compress'. Sammyz and I discovered this when making our boot animations. But its just easier to NOT extract the zip, and to just open the zip folder with winRAR, 7zip, izarc (I use this), or any other compression software, and copy the needed files from the fix.zip(this zip can be extracted) and replace the ones in the ROM.zip(DO NOT EXTRACT THIS).

No, NEVER extract and rezip an entire ROM, you break stuff by doing that. There are files you just cannot see while in windows. A bootanimation you can, but a ROM this is a NO-NO

Reactions: andrewnelson23

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No, NEVER extract and rezip an entire ROM, you break stuff by doing that. There are files you just cannot see while in windows. A bootanimation you can, but a ROM this is a NO-NO

Its just not safe to repackage a ROM that way, I've done it to a few times, there were only a few incidents where the ROM broke.