Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Its just not safe to repackage a ROM that way, I've done it to a few times, there were only a few incidents where the ROM broke.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Each time I've done it I got status 0 error

Also a guide is up to get this phone on ZVJ, if anyone here is interested.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/193485-guide-optimus-v-zvj.html
I hear you all found a way to get it on ZVD :D

Last edited:

JussCallMeUno

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm this is really awesome!!! I've noticed something though, the sounds not working :( I don't know if the phone speaker works as mine broke while in Alpha CM9, but I know plugging speakers in or headphones don't work. Is there any fix for this!?!?!? Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Have you tried this?.. It might work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1783993

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm I tried and no sound on headphones still.... should I stick the file in the ROM itself on Windows then install it? Like how the data is done? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm I tried and no sound on headphones still.... should I stick the file in the ROM itself on Windows then install it? Like how the data is done? Thanks for the help!

Yea, unless its a flash able zip, its always best to stick it into the rom before flashing.
If it still doesn't work, then wait for another fix. JB is still extremely early alpha, so be patient.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea, unless its a flash able zip, its always best to stick it into the rom before flashing.
If it still doesn't work, then wait for another fix. JB is still extremely early alpha, so be patient.

Thanks for the quick reply! I will try here soon and let you know how it goes! I'm patient, just love this Jelly Bean and would love to listen to my music. All the devs on this are crazy and I'm very thankful for all their hard work. Thanks for the help and info you've provided for me :D
Edit: Did not work, no biggie. Guess that's why I have an MP3 player ;)

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! I will try here soon and let you know how it goes! I'm patient, just love this Jelly Bean and would love to listen to my music. All the devs on this are crazy and I'm very thankful for all their hard work. Thanks for the help and info you've provided for me :D

No problem, any time.
I'm waiting until a ROM is officially built with the ZVD and sound lib fixes and released by a dev before I start testing for myself, till then, I will just provide information and help out those in need. After all, I'm available practically 24/7 on the forums through tapatalk. :p

Reactions: StumDroid

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Would I be able to pull the Libs and or other files out of a working ROM like Quattrimus Cm9? If its possible could u provide me with what files I will need to pull from cm9? I also seen that someone is working on this same ROM for ZVD (vm670) and it won't boot in, but could the sound files on that work possibly or are they the same as the ones I currently have?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Would I be able to pull the Libs and or other files out of a working ROM like Quattrimus Cm9? If its possible could u provide me with what files I will need to pull from cm9? I also seen that someone is working on this same ROM for ZVD (vm670) and it won't boot in, but could the sound files on that work possibly or are they the same as the ones I currently have?

No, using libs from android 4.0.4 on Android 4.1 could cause problems, devs have experienced this when trying to use files from a froyo rom, to get a GB rom working. Same with GB onto ICS. JB will require JB libs. So unless you find a JB rom for LG Optimus S/U/V that contains the necessary files, you're out of luck.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

So the libs have to be custom made or the kernal modified to fix the issues.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

To my knowledge, you are correct. It's most likely a kernel issue, since its still using a Ginger Kernel variant. We still dont have our own ICS kernel built yet. If its not a kernel issue, then its an issue with the source, missing needed files. Either way, only time will tell when we get working sound on JB, all we can do is be patient, or hit the books and figure out how to fix this, without forward porting (which 97% of the time, never works).

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh OK. So how do you build your own kernels and such? I've always been curious, I would really like to get into that process, I'm very good with computers and such, but never looked into how to build kernels and such, even being able to port a ROM over would be awesome.

Edit: Sorry I realize I'm getting a bit off topic. Any links you guys can give me? So I don't get off topic on here :D

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I can't figure out how to move the zvd fix .so's over to the rom using win7. Can someone tell me how that's done? I deleted the .so's in the rom already, now I just can't figure out how to move the fixes over.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how to move the zvd fix .so's over to the rom using win7. Can someone tell me how that's done? I deleted the .so's in the rom already, now I just can't figure out how to move the fixes over.

Drag and drop.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS