Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Just booted into Jelly Bean! SO AWESOME. I didn't really notice any color banding....But I can't wait for future development of this. I'm looking forward to google now.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh OK. So how do you build your own kernels and such? I've always been curious, I would really like to get into that process, I'm very good with computers and such, but never looked into how to build kernels and such, even being able to port a ROM over would be awesome.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Do you have any experience using Linux, writing code in c++, coding in cs, Java codex, writing code in general?
Everything android is based on Linux codec, I suggest studying up on the above subjects before trying your hand in making kernels. (Study Linux Kernel development)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any experience using Linux, writing code in c++, coding in cs, Java codex, writing code in general?
Everything android is based on Linux codec, I suggest studying up on the above subjects before trying your hand in making kernels. (Study Linux Kernel development)

Thanks! I have used Linux a few times here and there. I have tried writing codes years ago when I was a "noob" but I will defiently start back up and get somewhere with it this time around :) Thanks a ton for telling me where to start! Much appreciated.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I have used Linux a few times here and there. I have tried writing codes years ago when I was a "noob" but I will defiently start back up and get somewhere with it this time around :) Thanks a ton for telling me where to start! Much appreciated.

No problem!
I don't have much coding experience myself, all I did was make a numbers guessing game 5 years ago using c+ and c++ workshop when i was 14.
But I do do a lot of Googling and read up on a lot of random stuff, so I'm like an information vault. :p

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that just a fix for network? Lol I thought it said Color Banding? "The 3 files from quatrimus beta 1" I had thought that meant like how the visuals is messed up a little like on the wallpaper

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Isn't that just a fix for network? Lol I thought it said Color Banding? "The 3 files from quatrimus beta 1" I had thought that meant like how the visuals is messed up a little like on the wallpaper

Those are the only 3 files in a list that i could find, maybe he's using the same files, but from quattrimus??

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I think that's what was done. and the aokp ones are the same, but they fix the visual banding.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Those are the only 3 files in a list that i could find, maybe he's using the same files, but from quattrimus??

Well if the network fix works and their from quatrimus beta 1, couldnt like stuff like a headphone fix work too? No speakers cause it blew while on Alpha 10 of CM9 and the headphones the only way I can listen to music and my games.... bugs me a bit but can't keep me off 4.1 lol, i was shocked when I heard 4.0 was running on our phones and we already have some Jelly Bean o_O big ups to all devs out their and anyone else that helped even in the smallest of ways, you guys are amazing!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Well if the network fix works and their from quatrimus beta 1, couldnt like stuff like a headphone fix work too? No speakers cause it blew while on Alpha 10 of CM9 and the headphones the only way I can listen to music and my games.... bugs me a bit but can't keep me off 4.1 lol, i was shocked when I heard 4.0 was running on our phones and we already have some Jelly Bean o_O big ups to all devs out their and anyone else that helped even in the smallest of ways, you guys are amazing!

Well, i mean its worth a shot, but I'm just saying that in the past it's done no good.
Maybe since ICS and JB are so close under the hood, it could work.
I say, go for it, and post your results.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I will try ASAP, what would the files be for the headphones?

With any Quattrimus rom zip, extract it, and in /system/lib, copy anything and every thing that has "audio" or "sound" in it, and paste them in a folder.
Then copy move them to the jellybean rom (do not unzip/extract it) in an archive viewer, in /system/libs. And flash.
Let me know if that changes anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma