Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Is there still a data issue with Jelly Bean on the V??

Ok, I believe I have all of the potential Fixes that i mentioned that i'd make into a flash able .zip...
About to package it, and possibly test it.

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Is there still a data issue with Jelly Bean on the V??

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so. I think zakman's files fixed it. I booted today and made some calls and texts, but I didn't bother to try data because I live in such an awful service area. I could try tomorrow though :)

And if there is an issue with it, there's always switching over to zvj :)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

No, its completely illegal. Not questionably. It is illegal, unless based on a stock rom like harmonia. Its Google liscences and copyrights.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I was pretty sure that was the case. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's ROM parade, I just don't want anybody to get in trouble. Not with Google mind you, I don't think they go around policing forums for license violators, but it is against forum rules. It would just end up getting removed by a mod, unless you can post it in it's own flashable zip.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

No, its completely illegal. Not questionably. It is illegal, unless based on a stock rom like harmonia. Its Google liscences and copyrights.

Sorry, i meant what i was going to do might be questionably illegal :p
I'm not going to include Gapps into my potential JellyBean Super fix zip.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

How do I update my baseband from zv4 to zv5 (noob)

If you're a noob, then don't. It's an exremely complicated method that, if you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY, will brick your phone irreparibly. And the benefits if you do suceed are marginal at best.

Nonetheless, if you must try, the thread is here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-soft-bricked-optimus-v-return-zv5-stock.html

I repeat, unless you have some compelling reason to do this, the large risk is probably not worth the reward.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, i meant what i was going to do might be questionably illegal :p
I'm not going to include Gapps into my potential JellyBean Super fix zip.

You could include a bunch of other awesome things though! Like...Amphetamines. And the Google Now for ICS app.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

That was never his plan. He's not building a rom or combining a rom and gapps. He's going to add the romFIXES to gapps. Pretty sure that's legal. He's simply modifying the gapps package-something developers do all the time.

cpresley1993

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're a noob, then don't. It's an exremely complicated method that, if you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY, will brick your phone irreparibly. And the benefits if you do suceed are marginal at best.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-soft-bricked-optimus-v-return-zv5-stock.html

I repeat, unless you have some compelling reason to do this, the large risk is probably not worth the reward.
ohhhh...well never mind. I still need my phone lol

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Ninja'd you :) haha and it's really not that complicated with Sammyz new guide. It's pretty straightforward.

MUCH less complicated than getting S firmware on there and the zvj radio.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

That was never his plan. He's not building a rom or combining a rom and gapps. He's going to add the romFIXES to gapps. Pretty sure that's legal. He's simply modifying the gapps package-something developers do all the time.

I'm actually going to keep gapps and the fixes seperate, until i can confirm the fixes work.
EVERYONE CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!
I'm backing up my current ROM, and going to Flash JB and the Fixes for the first time!!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Yes that's legal. And I took it that he was going to post a patched rom.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes that's legal. And I took it that he was going to post a patched rom.

A flashable zip to be flashed over CyanogenMod 10 ZVJ Jellybean ROM to get everything working(Zakman's ZVD fix, My Audio fix, and My Key Swap fix) for use of this ROM on the V.