Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Does anyone know why icons and the text associated with them on the home screen seems to be misaligned on the OV? Is it screen density or just the rom itself?

EDIT: @nitestalkr what audio was fixed?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know why icons and the text associated with them on the home screen seems to be misaligned on the OV? Is it screen density or just the rom itself?

This must be the 'banding' that people are talking about. I didn't have that issue when I flashed it.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

StumDroid reported that audio was not working.. so i'm testing to see if my fix, fixes it..

On a side note, Just successfully Flashed Jelly Bean, Gapps, and my Super Fix. :D
Booting now...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

A flashable zip to be flashed over CyanogenMod 10 ZVJ Jellybean ROM to get everything working(Zakman's ZVD fix, My Audio fix, and My Key Swap fix) for use of this ROM on the V.

So data worked?? Also, for those .so files, could you maybe replace the one's that he used with the ones from aokp beta1pre3?? They said that's supposed to fix the banding(Which I never experienced but it should help others).

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

This must be the 'banding' that people are talking about. I didn't have that issue when I flashed it.

I think the banding is referring to color banding on the screen. Do you have blotchy rectangles around the home screen and in settings?

@nitestalkr, not to be a pain, but could you possibly fix the 'roaming indicator off' to 'Virgin Mobile' as well?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

So data worked?? Also, for those .so files, could you maybe replace the one's that he used with the ones from aokp beta1pre3?? They said that's supposed to fix the banding(Which I never experienced but it should help others).

From what you said, data is working, and I'm including the .so's from Quattrimus CM9 7/24 nightly... it all flashed a'ok, its just taking a while to boot up. If everything goes accordingly, I will upload my fix, although there is one small bug with it... the Quattrimus Q screen got flashed included in the Super Fix by mistake...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I think the banding is referring to color banding on the screen. Do you have blotchy rectangles around the home screen and in settings?

@nitestalkr, not to be a pain, but could you possibly fix the 'roaming indicator off' to 'Virgin Mobile' as well?

That would require me editing some files within the ROM, and TBH, I'm not sure how to fix that part.

Phone wouldn't boot, editing my flashable zip a lil more to fix this issue.

Removed the Quattrimus "Q" from the zip, waiting to see if it will completely boot.
On average, how long does it take Jelly Bean to boot from a completely clean install???

Last edited:

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That would require me editing some files within the ROM, and TBH, I'm not sure how to fix that part.

Phone wouldn't boot, editing my flashable zip a lil more to fix this issue.

Removed the Quattrimus "Q" from the zip, waiting to see if it will completely boot.
On average, how long does it take Jelly Bean to boot from a completely clean install???

A full wipe/install should take no more than 5-10 minutes on average.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

A full wipe/install should take no more than 5-10 minutes on average.

Is there anything special that i need to do to get Jelly Bean to boot?
It's not getting past the CyanogenMod boot screen (the one that typically shows up before the boot animation, after the LG screen)
This is my first time attempting to flash it.. so i'm doing a standard format /system, /data, /boot, /cache, /dalvik-cache, clean install.

Editing my Flashable zip Fix again, thinking that some files in it are causing the boot issue.

Yup, something in my Fix zip was preventing it to boot... going to try installing it after i boot into jelly Bean first. (going to include one of my boot animations into the fix zip)

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

i just flashed it also... froze on android logo, left it alone, rebooted itself after a few min, then booted fully...

Reactions: nitestalkr

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything special that i need to do to get Jelly Bean to boot?
It's not getting past the CyanogenMod boot screen (the one that typically shows up before the boot animation, after the LG screen)
This is my first time attempting to flash it.. so i'm doing a standard format /system, /data, /boot, /cache, /dalvik-cache, clean install.

Editing my Flashable zip Fix again, thinking that some files in it are causing the boot issue.

Yup, something in my Fix zip was preventing it to boot... going to try installing it after i boot into jelly Bean first. (going to include one of my boot animations into the fix zip)

You may want to exclude the boot animation the system is going to need all the room it can get.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, apparently the audio libs in my fix were preventing it to boot(there isn't a way to fix audio in the headphone jack YET!, i will continue trying though)... sooooo i just implemented Zakman's ZVD fix, my Arc Boot animation(i hate the standard 'android' boot animation), and the Button key fix.

Will upload to my media fire account soon.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

You may want to exclude the boot animation the system is going to need all the room it can get.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

my boot animation is EXTREMELY small, and it boots just fine with it in.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Well even though I included the Optimus V Keypad layout that USUALLY fixes the key swap, they stay the same. I'm guessing the Kernel is overriding the Key swap fix, so we're going to need a Kernel built for the V, and not the S(might ask tdm for a flashable zip of his kernel for the V.) And the audio libs were crashing the system at boot.. so basically, all this fix is going to have, is Zakman's ZVD fix, and my Arc bootanimation.

@cole2kb, can you include the following in the OP for everyone?
JellyBean Super Fix for the LG Optimus V!
------Installation---(Must have ROM ZVJ WIP CyanogenMod 10 installed FIRST!)---
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik-cache
-disable signature verification
-flash as you would with everything else

Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
The official CM10 Boot animation (Thanks Nate456 for providing the link!)
LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
Enjoy!!
JellyBean Super fix.zip (1.51 MB) Flashable zip!

Last edited:

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Well, apparently the audio libs in my fix were preventing it to boot(there isn't a current way to fix audio in the headphone jack, i will continue trying though)... sooooo i just implemented Zakman's ZVD fix, my Arc Boot animation(i hate the standard 'android' boot animation), and the Button key fix doesn't work, i believe its a kernel issue as it usually is(will look into this too).

Will upload to my media fire account soon.

For the button key fix, i realized how simple it was and it works, so I don't think its kernel issue.
What you do is go to system/usr/keylayout/thunderc_keypad.kl and edit it in a text editor (I don't recommend notepad, maybe Notepad++(for PC) or ES File Explorer/Root Explorer).
All you do is replace and save (if you don't trust your editing skill, make a backup first):
Code:
key 139 MENU [to key 139 HOME]
Code:
key 102 HOME [to key 102 MENU]

The end resulting file should look like:
Code:
#
key 2     1
key 3     2
key 4     3
key 5     4
key 6     5
key 7     6
key 8     7
key 9     8
key 10    9
key 11    0
key 158   BACK              WAKE_DROPPED
key 230   HOME              WAKE
key 60    SOFT_RIGHT        WAKE
key 62    ENDCALL           WAKE_DROPPED
key 229   MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
key 59    MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
key 139   HOME              WAKE_DROPPED
key 228   POUND
key 227   STAR
key 231   CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
key 61    CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
key 232   DPAD_CENTER       WAKE_DROPPED
key 108   DPAD_DOWN         WAKE_DROPPED
key 103   DPAD_UP           WAKE_DROPPED
key 102   MENU           WAKE
key 105   DPAD_LEFT         WAKE_DROPPED
key 106   DPAD_RIGHT        WAKE_DROPPED
key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
key 213   DEL               WAKE_DROPPED
key 355   DEL               WAKE_DROPPED
key 212   CAMERA
key 247   FOCUS
key 217   SEARCH            WAKE_DROPPED
key 216   APP_SWITCH         VIRTUAL

key 226   HEADSETHOOK       WAKE
key 116   POWER             WAKE
key 107   POWER             WAKE_DROPPED

key 16    Q
key 17    W
key 18    E
key 19    R
key 20    T
key 21    Y
key 22    U
key 23    I
key 24    O
key 25    P

key 30    A
key 31    S
key 32    D
key 33    F
key 34    G
key 35    H
key 36    J
key 37    K
key 38    L
key 14    DEL

key 44    Z
key 45    X
key 46    C
key 47    V
key 48    B
key 49    N
key 50    M
key 51    COMMA
key 52    PERIOD
key 28    ENTER

key 56    ALT_LEFT
key 42    SHIFT_LEFT
key 215   AT
key 57    SPACE
key 53    SLASH
key 127   SYM
key 100   ALT_RIGHT

key 399   GRAVE
and that should do it. It sets the menu button and home button on my OV to proper function.

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

For the button key fix, i realized how simple it was and it works, so I don't think its kernel issue.
What you do is go to system/usr/keylayout/thunderc_keypad.kl and edit it in a text editor (I don't recommend notepad, maybe Notepad++(for PC) or ES File Explorer/Root Explorer).
All you do is edit and save (if you don't trust your editing skill, make a backup first):
Code:
key 139 MENU [to key 139 HOME]
Code:
key 102 HOME [to key 102 MENU]

and that should do it. It sets the menu button and home button on my OV to proper function.

I included that in the zip, and the changes didn't stick, which is why i think its the kernel. I see what i need to do now... ha, they are different numbers than the one i used in the flashable zip, i fix this, and re upload.

Thanks YoshinJaa, your fix is now included in the flashable zip!!
Willing to test it out to confirm that it works?(JUST got done restoring back to Quattrimus lol)

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I included that in the zip, and the changes didn't stick, which is why i think its the kernel. I see what i need to do now... ha, they are different numbers than the one i used in the flashable zip, i fix this, and re upload.

Thanks YoshinJaa, your fix is now included in the flashable zip!!
Willing to test it out to confirm that it works?(JUST got done restoring back to Quattrimus lol)

no problem :) sadly, however I cannot test it, as I'm currently testing BobZ rom now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678