Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

well I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and go online, that's why I was asking because whatever MMS is, apparently I must not use it :)

looks like tethering isn't working (thought i read previously that it did). I go to activate it and it just sits in what i'll call "prepping mode".

headphones work. I don't have bluetooth devices (unless i can somehow bluetooth tether my nexus 7 to my phone?) and i don't have a mic to test either.

can't seem to find the setting (might be a CM setting) to install all apps to sd. So i am having trouble getting everything in given how little space there is available on the internal memory. that's a small issue really, as long as calls and texting works i'm good to keep this around to keep testing it :)

i can't believe how smooth everything is.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

well I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and go online, that's why I was asking because whatever MMS is, apparently I must not use it :)

looks like tethering isn't working (thought i read previously that it did). I go to activate it and it just sits in what i'll call "prepping mode".

headphones work. I don't have bluetooth devices (unless i can somehow tether my nexus 7 to my phone?) and i don't have a mic to test either.

can't seem to find the setting (might be a CM setting) to install all apps to sd. So i am having trouble getting everything in given how little space there is available on the internal memory. that's a small issue really, as long as calls and texting works i'm good to keep this around to keep testing it :)

i can't believe how smooth everything is.

Remember, CM10 Jelly Bean is still in EARLY alpha stage, so a lot of things wont be working, and cannot be fixed yet. Heck, even in ICS we dont have tethering woring natively..

BUT in both ICS and JB, we can use an app to use for tethering.

Bluetooth takes a lot to get it working, its still unstable in ICS, so it will be a while before it is stable in JB.
Either way, i love how stable it currently is, in such early development!!!

And i'm(along with others that contribute) doing the best i can to get things working via my flashable zip, other things will require the ROM dev to fix. And once i have tdm's permission, i WILL include the SD-ext script that he uses, but this will require you to partition up to 1GB(max) for expanded app space.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Remember, CM10 Jelly Bean is still in EARLY alpha stage, so a lot of things wont be working, and cannot be fixed yet. Heck, even in ICS we dont have tethering woring natively..

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of that. I was just posting my initial experience. Like I said as long as the actual phone part works, texting, and data, I am thrilled to keep working with it and letting you know of any issues I find myself.

BUT in both ICS and JB, we can use an app to use for tethering.

I'll check that app out.

And once i have tdm's permission, i WILL include the SD-ext script that he uses, but this will require you to partition up to 1GB(max) for expanded app space.

Aside from backups which I dump onto my pc anyways, that would not be a problem for me. I am guessing here that not just any apps can be dumped in here? In other words, the only things I use my SD card for anyways is storing apps.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of that. I was just posting my initial experience. Like I said as long as the actual phone part works, texting, and data, I am thrilled to keep working with it and letting you know of any issues I find myself.

I'll check that app out.

Aside from backups which I dump onto my pc anyways, that would not be a problem for me. I am guessing here that not just any apps can be dumped in here? In other words, the only things I use my SD card for anyways is storing apps.

With the sd-ext script that tdm has, every app that you download, install, and use on the phone(other than built in system apps) will be automagically moved to the sd-ext partition, along with the apps cache.

i can't remember what app others were talking about(its mentioned somewhere in this thread) but i do suggest it for a temporary Wifi tethering fix.

kalaniboy

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Woah, Jelly Bean already available for our beloved Optimus V!? Color me impressed.

I'm on ZV4 baseband, can I still flash this??? I just want Wifi working, as my OV has long since been out of service.

Edit: I couldn't wait. Made a nandroid, wiped everything, flashed Drew's CM10 ROM, gapps, wiped cache, dalvik cache (again), then flashed nitestalkr's jb super fix. Rebooted, and crossed my fingers. It booted! Not only that, but it runs super smooth. Nearly everything works.
Working: Wifi, audio (both speaker/headphones), LWP, phone signal (not sure about 3G), root apps, etc.
Not working: Camera, video acceleration (audio works but video is choppy), HQ youtube video (SD works okay), voice search (apps that need the mic seam to force close), and probably some others I'm missing.

My first impression of this very early build is overwhelmingly positive. For my needs I could see myself keeping it as a daily driver. Thanks to all who put a lot of work into supporting this little device that could. :)

rx4BT.png
CSQOr.png

oay6e.png
ZEzYc.png

sb05x.png
69WpM.png

lXwvr.png

One last note: The only real problem I had was missing gapps on first boot. I powered off, booted back into recovery, flashed gapps, restarted, and bam got the market running now. :)

Last edited:

kalaniboy

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Follow my guide in the second post. Wifi works. :)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Thank you. I went ahead and bit the bullet, followed your directions, and am now running CM10. :D I was just confused by all the ZVJ, ZVD, ZVH, ZV4, and ZV9 stuff. :confused: But now all is well.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is interested:

I use titanium backup. It defaults to restoring apps and data to internal memory even though my apps and data were on the SD card when I took my backups. The end result was that, to restore all of my apps, I had to restore in multiple batches. Restore some, move those to SD card, and repeat until finished.

Link2sd was pretty good moving everything but itself and the play store.

I should also point out how the display looks I fill it, I'm not sure if this is what is called 'banding':
View attachment 32491

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

In case anyone is interested:

I use titanium backup. It defaults to restoring apps and data to internal memory even though my apps and data were on the SD card when I took my backups. The end result was that, to restore all of my apps, I had to restore in multiple batches. Restore some, move those to SD card, and repeat until finished.

Link2sd was pretty good moving everything but itself and the play store.

I should also point out how the display looks I fill it, I'm not sure if this is what is called 'banding':
View attachment 32491

If you use another launcher, such as Apex Launcher, it fixes the margins of the displaying of apps, fitting them to the screen correctly.

'Banding' I am sure, refers to the rectangular shades of colors that displays on screen, such as when you are in Settings (thats the easiest place to see it).

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sure enough, launcher pro scales correctly. I do like the default launcher on the nexus 7, wonder what would be causing this issue.

Re: banding, I see what you are referring to. I dont think I would have noticed that on my own :)

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm done porting. I either have service and banding or I have no service and no banding. wtf.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

With the sd-ext script that tdm has, every app that you download, install, and use on the phone(other than built in system apps) will be automagically moved to the sd-ext partition, along with the apps cache.

i can't remember what app others were talking about(its mentioned somewhere in this thread) but i do suggest it for a temporary Wifi tethering fix.

+1 THIS. I would love to have automated scripts move apps to sd-ext when installed. This is moving along greatly (the fixes). Almost gives me a reason to go back to JB :)

EDIT: @Zakman: what exactly are you porting?

Reactions: nitestalkr

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Well i used Drews jb and put the zvd files in and i tried to port a p500 jb rom and i get no service. but no banding with drews i get banding

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well the thing is I need a list of files that I know are for the radio so I can port them from drews to the p500 rom I have

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well the thing is I need a list of files that I know are for the radio so I can port them from drews to the p500 rom I have

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

The files that you replaced and anything in system/lib that has ril in the name.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech