Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Updated the 2nd post, made it pretty :3
and updated the fix, you can grab it there, or here: JellyBean Super fix-Optimus V-07272012.zip (3 MB) Flashable zip!

I do have to add a warning, it will not work unless you have an SD-ext partition on your sdcard.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

So I take it my advice worked? Reason I'm wondering is because when I update cna I want to include one.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Pulling it, the script has to be flashed on top of my patch.
It needs to be booted first, and then flashed.. but it cant be booted unless its my fix is flashed..
so for now, there's no 2ext script

Reactions: sellers86

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Pulling it, the script has to be flashed on top of my patch.
It needs to be booted first, and then flashed.. but it cant be booted unless its my fix is flashed..
so for now, there's no 2ext script

Wait what? I booted first then flashed it. Seems like it worked. I skipped the step of wiping cache and dalvik-cache though.

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Wait what? I booted first then flashed it. Seems like it worked. I skipped the step of wiping cache and dalvik-cache though.

I think its cause im doing it from a complete clean install... I'm assuming you were running JellyBean before flashing the updated patch??

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I think its cause im doing it from a complete clean install... I'm assuming you were running JellyBean before flashing the updated patch??

I did a clean install. Full wipe then flashed Jellybean then Gapps. Booted up then restarted into recovery and flashed the .zip. Installed fine with no errors :) Checked sd-ext and app/app-private/dalvik-cache all there :D

Note: I did try installing it right after flashing Jellybean and Gapps but got errors. The error said something about /data/app-private (something like that) missing and installation aborted. This led me to assume it had to be booted once first and not to wipe cache/dalvik. Hope this helps ;)

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean install. Full wipe then flashed Jellybean then Gapps. Booted up then restarted into recovery and flashed the .zip. Installed fine with no errors :) Checked sd-ext and app/app-private/dalvik-cache all there :D

Note: I did try installing it right after flashing Jellybean and Gapps but got errors. The error said something about /data/app-private (something like that) missing and installation aborted. This led me to assume it had to be booted once first and not to wipe cache/dalvik. Hope this helps ;)

Yea, that's what I thought needed to be done, I'll just add that step into the installation guide.
Thanks for providing that info.

Fixed the OP, providing 2 download options, one with SD-ext Scripts, and one without.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I've nailed it down to one of these four files is causing our color banding:
libbinder
libdss
libnv
libqmi

Testing time.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I ran through the files on the ls670 Jelybean then ran through the ones on my working port of Jellybean that was originally for p500 (optimus one) and doesnt have banding and these are the only files that are different between the two.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I ran through the files on the ls670 Jelybean then ran through the ones on my working port of Jellybean that was originally for p500 (optimus one) and doesnt have banding and these are the only files that are different between the two.

Makes sense. Good luck!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zakman

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Im down to libnv. Im pretty sure its it because NV stands for Nvidia right? anyway, testing. hopefully it'll work. and we can all be happy :D

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Well it turns out none of them fixed the banding :( NV doesnt stand for nvidia. it's radio stuff. damn, back to the drawing board.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well it turns out none of them fixed the banding :( NV doesnt stand for nvidia. it's radio stuff. damn, back to the drawing board.

All that matters is, you now know it's none of those, and that you are slowly getting closer.
Keep up the good work, and once you figure it out, I'll add it to the flashable jellybean fixes.
Time to continue my Optimus S/V integration project.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781