Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

erosgomez

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

So can someone please help me i need the full instructions on how to install it correctly without sd-ext and where can ii find the 4.1 gapps zip for this rom :(

erosgomez

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

also i went on cwm recovery/advanced/partion sdcard /512/36 and then i rebooted and my sdcard was fully wiped :( but i backed up and it said backing up sd-ext so i guess i have an sd-ext

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've nailed it down to one of these four files is causing our color banding:
libbinder
libdss
libnv
libqmi

Testing time.

Try libsurfaceflinger.so, libsurfaceflinger_client.so and system/etc/Surfaceflinger. That's where the code is for dithering. ;)
Also there's a build.prop dithering setting too
https://github.com/lgics/cm_patches/blob/master/cm9/framework_base_dithering.diff

Last edited:

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I have a problem with installing the script update to do sd-ext. It says it has an script assert failure and cant mount the system, data, etc...but it boots????

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with installing the script update to do sd-ext. It says it has an script assert failure and cant mount the system, data, etc...but it boots????

Flash the one without the sd-ext script from recovery, boot, reboot to recovery, and then try the one with the sd-ext script.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
also i went on cwm recovery/advanced/partion sdcard /512/36 and then i rebooted and my sdcard was fully wiped :( but i backed up and it said backing up sd-ext so i guess i have an sd-ext

Partitioning your sdcard through recovery completely wipes everything off of your SD card.
You can find the appropriate gapps in the op of the rom.
Flash rom from a clean install, flash gapps, boot, reboot to recovery, flash the jellybean fix with the sd-ext script.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

@nightstalker--- I though id post this bit of my build.prop again for those having problems dl'ing from play... i dl'd all dhot's cm9 themes last night through play to my phone without a single hiccup... i have not had any problems with play whatsoever... heres the relevant code:

Code:
ro.product.model=LG-VM670
ro.product.brand=LGE
ro.product.name=thunderc
ro.product.device=thunderc
ro.product.board=thunderc
ro.cm.device=thunderc

Reactions: nitestalkr

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I think my problem with that was I was trying to dl Netflix and perhaps they don't have Netflix for jb on the play store yet. Same with YouTube. Restoring from titanium backup should work for that I think.(I know, Netflix won't work anyway :p)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

@nightstalker--- I though id post this bit of my build.prop again for those having problems dl'ing from play... i dl'd all dhot's cm9 themes last night through play to my phone without a single hiccup... i have not had any problems with play whatsoever... heres the relevant code:

Code:
ro.product.model=LG-VM670
ro.product.brand=LGE
ro.product.name=thunderc
ro.product.device=thunderc
ro.product.board=thunderc
ro.cm.device=thunderc

Thanks, although i haven't run into any issues with the current settings i've changed in the build.prop that i have in both of my patches, if someone continues to have any issues, i will keep these lines saved on my desktop.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Lupohirp just posted a new build for the p500. I'm gonna switch stuff out and try to boot it because I need the CM10 theme Chooser.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Lupohirp just posted a new build for the p500. I'm gonna switch stuff out and try to boot it because I need the CM10 theme Chooser.

If it gets ported to Optimus S, then my CM10 patches should still work, with the possible exception of my build.prop edits.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If it gets ported to Optimus S, then my CM10 patches should still work, with the possible exception of my build.prop edits.

I was gonna try to port it to the OV for myself when I got home, because I want JB and the theme Chooser because all the other stupid Nexus armed theme devs already added CM10 fixes to their themes and I'm behind.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna try to port it to the OV for myself when I got home, because I want JB and the theme Chooser because all the other stupid Nexus armed theme devs already added CM10 fixes to their themes and I'm behind.

Well then, I say port it, and possibly share, but put a warning out, something like "I only ported this for personal use for theme purposes, I will not maintain this ROM, nor will I attempt to fix anything. If you feel up to it, this ROM is open for development to anyone that feels the need to fix anything."
For just in case you don't plan on maintaining it. :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Blahhhh, I come home and my brother was playing video games on the PC I use so I only had five minutes to port it before I had to go and so it won't install yet... updater script got screwed up.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Blahhhh, I come home and my brother was playing video games on the PC I use so I only had five minutes to port it before I had to go and so it won't install yet... updater script got screwed up.

You can try using an updater script from another rom in place of the borked one.
If its not the script, then it won't work.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Eventually, I believe this rom will be built from source by one of the main devs of either the S or V forum. I've tried every possible combination of files in the rom that would change color banding... I'm going to still in my freetime work on it, but sorry latly I've been busy with work and all.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Also, I put together this personal port I made for myself: Port.zip

Ported from a p500 rom. Feel free to test but please, Its for Personal use and is UNOFFICIAL.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I need to find someway to patch data.... hmmm Signal still isnt working on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae