Hey all I've been using my ov's tether constantly as of late and it's been turning off presumably due to heat. I was wondering if adjusting the performance setting from ondemand to something else would help as thats the only thing I use it for at that time (no apps running etc just tethering) . Anything to reduce heat or turnoffs is welcome!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 11:46 PM
    id say keep your Max simple and not too high to reduce heat. You can take off the back battery cover, dont run any programs whilst tethering
    07-20-2012 12:32 AM
    Moved to Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks subforum.
    07-20-2012 12:34 AM
    07-20-2012 01:37 AM
    ...I commend you!!! That's insanely sane lol. I indeed keep the back off. I've not toyed with the settings its set at ondemand atm not sure if thats optimal etc. I love that pic!!!

07-20-2012 01:46 AM
    A little afro-engineering never hurt anyone

07-20-2012 01:51 AM
    btw, this is my current setup on my ov:

running magpie just for the infrastructure mode wifi tethereing. no other settings have been messed with. fan sitting on it to keep cool. (easy to do, just took a 9v charger and cut off the end and connected the fan. quite simple.) I'm going to expand on this idea better. eventually going to make it battery powered so i can use it on the road. and make it capable of charging my ov.

when i go out i quickly restore my cm9 nandroid so i can use my phone like normal.
    07-20-2012 11:50 AM
    Use conservative with a max of 480 and min of 122. This governor has the most reserved ramping up of cpu speeds. If youre just tethering it, this would be ideal because the phone wont lag too bad to do simple stuff like sending a text, and then just change back to interactive or on-demand and whatever speeds later on.
    07-20-2012 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD