The phone will not root. Superoneclick crashes on step 7 (when it should be rebooting the phone). Gingerbreak fails because "something unexpected happened ". I'm starting to get kind of aggravated with this. ZV5 baseband. 2.22 OS, 2.6.32. 9 kernel
    07-20-2012 09:29 PM
    Do you have another sd-card that you could try using instead of the one you're using now? I'm pretty sure that the sd-card is used in the rooting process, and it's possible that your sd-card card is failing at a critical moment. Just a guess.

Something else that came to mind, did you check the MD5 sum of the Gingerbreak apk once it had been placed on your sd-card? This wouldn't account for the other method failing, but it's worth a try. And if it does show an MD5 mismatch, that could be another indication that your sd-card is failing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-20-2012 09:41 PM
    Make sure you have USB debugging enabled, and keep trying gingerbreak. It can take quite a few tries on some devices. Make you sure you reboot between each attempt. You may also have to format your sd card. If you do, back it up to your PC first so you can copy all your files back to the card after you get your phone rooted.
    07-20-2012 09:45 PM
    The phone will not root. Superoneclick crashes on step 7 (when it should be rebooting the phone). Gingerbreak fails because "something unexpected happened ". I'm starting to get kind of aggravated with this. ZV5 baseband. 2.22 OS, 2.6.32. 9 kernel
    First off where are you getting your zip files fromay i suggest going straight ti the stickie and following that to a t and i agree try a different sd card make sure to dl the gui zip.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=108282

You also can get gingerbreak from 4shared

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 09:48 PM
    If it all still fails, you may have to do a factory reset and then try.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-20-2012 11:55 PM
    sd is factory, freshly formatted. The gingerbreak .apk is installed on the phone and I have USB debuggig enabled.
    07-21-2012 06:17 AM
    sd is factory, freshly formatted. The gingerbreak .apk is installed on the phone and I have USB debuggig enabled.
    Check your phones baseband version. ZV9 baseband and gingerbreak wont root the phone and highly doubtful that superoneclick will either. Read through this forum. There is a zv9 root method that is a little more involved but works. If you are still zv4/5 then gingerbreak should root it easily.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 09:17 AM
    Check your phones baseband version. ZV9 baseband and gingerbreak wont root the phone and highly doubtful that superoneclick will either. Read through this forum. There is a zv9 root method that is a little more involved but works. If you are still zv4/5 then gingerbreak should root it easily.

OP said he is ZV5 baseband.

Make sure you are rooting with gingerbreak 1.2 that one usually works fine. I never touch the screen while it is rooting, when screen goes to sleep, it reboots and I am rooted

Also after each time you fail, you MUST reboot before trying again.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    07-21-2012 09:23 AM
    OP said he is ZV5 baseband.

Make sure you are rooting with gingerbreak 1.2 that one usually works fine. I never touch the screen while it is rooting, when screen goes to sleep, it reboots and I am rooted

Also after each time you fail, you MUST reboot before trying again.
    Lol didnt see that.

07-21-2012 09:52 AM
    Can someone please explain how to make an apk out of the zip files in those download links, or at least link me to a gingerbreak download that doesn't have a trojan in it?
    07-22-2012 11:46 AM
    this is the same one that i used... the trojan notice your pc is giving you is the exploit itself... more research would have given you this information...
    Attached Files
    07-22-2012 11:54 AM
    gingerbreak-v1.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Andrew Nelson

Click the download now button. It says Virus Detected on it, but it has no virus.

You don't want a gingerbreak that doesn't have a trojan in it. THAT'S WHAT GINGERBREAK IS. It gains you root access. Why exactly do you want root?

You should know these things before you try and root...
    07-22-2012 11:54 AM
    the linked version worked, thanks
    07-22-2012 01:31 PM
    Make sure you know what you're doing before you do anything with root access.
    07-22-2012 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD