Audio upgrade! ALSA + Beats Audio! CM7.2/2.3+

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone this is my first thread I will actually contribute something to you all... WOOO!

Confirmed working on:
Android 2.2(Thanks sellers86!)
Android 2.3(Made for)
Android 4.0(see below for a separate guide)

I DID NOT MAKE THIS! I SIMPLY TESTED IT AND WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL

ALL RIGHTS/CREDIT/LOVE GOES TO THE DEVELOPERS OF THE AUDIO MODE(Upgrade imo!)

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

This mod will install the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture(ALSA) along with the beats audio engine.

I always use my OV for music, and this mod made my ears shoot out rainbows after hearing the quality! The hiss is GONE, I can FULLY hear ever little bit of sound that the song plays using the LG EAR BUDS! That is why I am calling it an upgrade, and not a mod; IT IS THAT GOOD!

What I noticed
Audio is more clear
Bass is deeper, but not over done
The EQ is more effective and balanced(Thanks to ALSA!)
On low and high volumes I can clearly hear all parts of the song
All sounds from the song is clear and/or hiss is gone/reduced marginally!

tl;dr AMAZING

Alright lets get installing

You will want to go to the original thread to get the files: Beats audio + Alsa + AudioFXwidget - all you need for beautiful sound and real BASS! - xda-developers

You want to download this file: beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip its 2.08 MB

1. Freeze/delete dsp manager(Make a back-up with TB or your own method!)
2. Copy over the zip file to the root of your SD card
3. Reboot into recovery
4. MAKE A BACK-UP
5. Go into mounts and storage and mount system and data
6. Install the zip (TURN OFF SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
7. Reboot(Reboot will be a little bit longer, because android needs to recache the audio system!)
8. Install Audio Fx Widget Link(Optional if you want a EQ)
9. Enjoy!

This guide was written to make this mod work on ICS(Thanks NiteStalkr)
Here ya go!
Code:
 This is a little unorthodox method that I found out to work, to get Beats Audio sounding superbly on 
Quattrimus CM9 & AOKP.  I basically got bored, and flash happy, and figured "heck, why not flash several
different Beats Audio files on top of each other, to see what happens." and I was astonished to find out
what the end result was... SUPERB SOUND GLORY!!

Here's what you do.. download the following 3 Beats Audio mods:

Standard Beats .zip ( BeatsAudiob03414.zip )
[url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=946293&d=1331702446[/url]
ALSA altered Beats .zip ( beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip )
[url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1059896&d=1336982589[/url]
Awesome Beats ( AwesomeBEATSv3.zip ) (note, even though when flashed alone, you get a half
working DSP, when using this multi flash method, it will not install the DSP Beats manager, just 
the Awesome Beats files)
[URL=http://d-h.st/XU0]AwesomeBEATSv3.zip - 442.76 KB[/URL]

After all 3 of the above are downloaded, place on your sdcard, and reboot into recovery.
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache.
-Flash "BeatsAudiob03414.zip"
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache.
-Flash "beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip"
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
-Flash "AwesomeBEATSv3.zip"
-Reboot system.
--NOTE!-- I'm pretty sure you do NOT need to wipe cache and dalvik cache before each install, 
but I just installed one at a time, booted system, rebooted to recovery, wiped and flashed. You
most likely ONLY need to wipe cache and dalvik cache the first time, and consecutive Flash 
all 3.

Enjoy the unorthodox method of getting "3x" Beats Audio on Quattrimus. :D
-NiteStalkr, out.
If you have a XDA account, its not that hard to thank the dev for all their hard work!

Thanks to RockoDev for (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up)
Thanks to contradictor from 4pda for experiments and new version with instruction.
Big thanks to Lovetz for combining the two and making a flash-able zip!

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone this is my first thread I will actually contribute something to you all... WOOO!

I DID NOT MAKE THIS! I SIMPLY TESTED IT AND WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL

ALL RIGHTS/CREDIT/LOVE GOES TO THE DEVELOPERS OF THE AUDIO MODE(Upgrade imo!)

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

This mod will install the Advanced Linux Audio System(ALSA) along with the beats audio engine.

I always use my OV for music, and this mod made my ears shoot out rainbows after hearing the quality! The hiss is GONE, I can FULLY hear ever little bit of sound that the song plays using the LG EAR BUDS! That is why I am calling it an upgrade, and not a mod; IT IS THAT GOOD!

What I noticed
Audio is more clear
Bass is deeper, but not over done
The EQ is more effective and balanced(Thanks to ALSA!)
On low and high volumes I can clearly hear all parts of the song
All sounds from the song is clear and/or hiss is gone/reduced marginally!

tl;dr AMAZING

Alright lets get installing

You will want to go to the original thread to get the files: Beats audio + Alsa + AudioFXwidget - all you need for beautiful sound and real BASS! - xda-developers

You want to download this file: beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip its 2.08 MB

1. Freeze/delete dsp manager(Make a back-up with TB or your own method!)
2. Copy over the zip file to the root of your SD card
3. Reboot into recovery
4. MAKE A BACK-UP
5. Go into mounts and storage and mount system and data
6. Install the zip (TURN OFF SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
7. Reboot(Reboot will be a little bit longer, because android needs to recache the audio system!)
8. Install Audio Fx Widget Link(Optional if you want a EQ)
9. Enjoy!

If you have a XDA account, its not that hard to thank the dev for all their hard work!

If course you put this out right when I restore to harmonia 1.9 :p. I may flash it anyways, see what happens lol.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
i think this is working on cold as ice. i had to do about 5 reboots before i stopped getting errors that various applications and widgets had "stopped". i personally haven't noticed much of a difference but i'm sure it's there

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this will work in quattrimus aokp??
I'm currently using(or trying to use ) modded dsp manager with beats audio libs v.3 (Awesome Beats DSP v.3)
It works, but force closes often, and its made for cm9 & aokp.
And I was hoping this could be an alternative. Which is why I'm asking. And I don't have time to try for myself at the moment.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you think this will work in quattrimus aokp??
I'm currently using(or trying to use ) modded dsp manager with beats audio libs v.3 (Awesome Beats DSP v.3)
It works, but force closes often, and its made for cm9 & aokp.
And I was hoping this could be an alternative. Which is why I'm asking. And I don't have time to try for myself at the moment.

Lebooo said it caused glitches... so I really dnt know if it will work on ICS

Reactions: nitestalkr

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if he meant sound glitch as in a slight Freeze+echo for a second.

If it is, that's a problem with Beats on other phones in most situations.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i think this is working on cold as ice. i had to do about 5 reboots before i stopped getting errors that various applications and widgets had "stopped". i personally haven't noticed much of a difference but i'm sure it's there

This is whats going on.

I wanna say google redid the media/audio servers. Also these binaries are compiled for a 2.3 system.

Reactions: nitestalkr

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet (I'm running the GTR ROM currently). I did try both Quattrimus and BobZhome ICS, but both were a little buggy for my tastes. Tried the Beats Audio script that's floating around here on both of those and it worked flawlessly.

I may try this one for the next ROM I install.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet (I'm running the GTR ROM currently). I did try both Quattrimus and BobZhome ICS, but both were a little buggy for my tastes. Tried the Beats Audio script that's floating around here on both of those and it worked flawlessly.

I may try this one for the next ROM I install.

Could you possibly provide a link to the one that worked with quattrimus?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Borked my audio in general. I can't hear UI sounds and keystrokes, I can't even hear my device unlock or lock. Other than that, there's almost no difference in change when I use any equalizer.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
What happened to my post that was on topic? :/

I said earlier, that I tested this out, and it didn't seem to do anything on Quattrimus (ICS).

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I just read through that entire thread, and read several reports of it not working with quattrimus... and omg those noobs arguing that you NEED good hardware to get good sound.. and all that babble about music production is completely irrelevant lol.
I for one can get any low quality headphones to sound superb if I mess with an EQ. Its not always hardware, you need software too, without it, your hardware is nothing.
But yea, thanks ilikechicken123 for providing that, maybe I can try others that were mentioned in that thread.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.