Status
Not open for further replies.

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
How To Install Beats Audio Mod On Your Android Device

It's BeatsAudiob03414.zip

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=946293&d=1331702446

Installed it with each ROM I tried (GB and ICS) and worked for each one. There is an installer in Google Play, but this is the exact one you should use.

Thanks to you I did the playstore one and I have to re flash my rom because its all static without headphones:/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How To Install Beats Audio Mod On Your Android Device

It's BeatsAudiob03414.zip

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=946293&d=1331702446

Installed it with each ROM I tried (GB and ICS) and worked for each one. There is an installer in Google Play, but this is the exact one you should use.

Thanks, I will try this one right away.
Just got done trying massbassbeats, it wouldn't install the flash able zip (error status 0), and 2 others from xda, that made everything sound extremely statically and annoyingly high pitched.

Well it works, but I'll need to do a 24 hour comparison to see if it actually changes anything in ICS. (I've tested this on GB and is known to work.)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
None of these mods are needed if you tweak DSP Equalizer right, and have a decent pair of headphones.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
None of these mods are needed if you tweak DSP Equalizer right, and have a decent pair of headphones.

For most people, equalizers are just too much to deal with, and they need a set in stone superb audio tweak. While I personally have no issues at all with any equalizer, I like to expand my horizon. I could easily imitate beats audio in an EQ, however, I'd like to combine the two (awesome beats + dsp has its force closing flaw) to even further enhance beats audio.
I'm an audiophile. Beats hardware sucks, but beats software is worth it. Sony headphones are better quality that beats headphones, and are way cheaper. Sony headphones + beats audio software = an audiophile such as myself, cream my boxers.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
For most people, equalizers are just too much to deal with, and they need a set in stone superb audio tweak. While I personally have no issues at all with any equalizer, I like to expand my horizon. I could easily imitate beats audio in an EQ, however, I'd like to combine the two (awesome beats + dsp has its force closing flaw) to even further enhance beats audio.
I'm an audiophile. Beats hardware sucks, but beats software is worth it. Sony headphones are better quality that beats headphones, and are way cheaper. Sony headphones + beats audio software = an audiophile such as myself, cream my boxers.

I just like this mod the best because it offers ALSA, having the full Linux Sound Architecture in your pocket can really make an EQ app on your phone have a bigger kick. I'm a little bit of a Audiophile, but not a large one.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

I took a pair of Sony headphones and soldered Skullcandy buds onto them, just to replace the older Sony ones. I can't stand how easily Skullcandy headphones get messed up but the buds sound great and they're inexpensive, so I'm getting the loudness and strong bass from my Skullcandy buds, I have good quality headphones at this point. I'm just starting to test out different equalizers, DSP was great at first but once I got the paid Volume+ I haven't found a need to switch back. There was a recent update, definitely worth checking out. By the way it has Beats Audio emulation as a preset :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nitestalkr

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way I could just get ALSA without Beats?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

its possible, if you de-compress the archive you see compiled binaries for ALSA in the folders, but im not sure if its all of them in one folder, let alone where the config files are.

btw, hail kira.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoLawliet

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
its possible, if you de-compress the archive you see compiled binaries for ALSA in the folders, but im not sure if its all of them in one folder, let alone where the config files are.

btw, hail kira.

I ended up flashing alsa with beats, on top of the market beats, and then flashed the awesome beats + dsp, just to see what happens... and.. well.. I'm on AOKP quattrimus, and it works xD
3x the beats.. I wonder if the awesome dsp works with it XD
While the Dsp from awesome beats didn't install, the combined lib files of the 3 different beats audio installs, sound UH-MAY-ZING!
I've tried all 3 seperatley, but with them flashed on top of eachother, its freaking awesome!!
ALSA beats was a little low in volume, but it was crisp clear sound..
Market beats has tha noticeably different sound, and crisp bass.
Awesome beats was made for ICS, and brings it all together, boosts the volume, and deeper crisp bass.
With all 3 flashed on top of eachother (market, alsa, awesome) it combines the effects of all 3 for an overall true beats audio experience IMHO.

Take it from an audiophile such as myself.. EDM sounds good, metal sounds good, rock sounds good, rap sounds good, country sounds good, jazz sounds good, and all sub genres, and underground genres, everything. I recommend doing my ridiculous method to enjoy music with superb quality without an eq!! HurrDurr, would you like me to provide links to the awesome beats? I recommend testing on ICS. I'm using standard $15 Sony buds, and my Frankenstein sound system(1960's component analog stereo fed through my 2003 budget surround system plugged into my lg optimus v).

Last edited:

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I ended up flashing alsa with beats, on top of the market beats, and then flashed the awesome beats + dsp, just to see what happens... and.. well.. I'm on AOKP quattrimus, and it works xD
3x the beats.. I wonder if the awesome dsp works with it XD
While the Dsp from awesome beats didn't install, the combined lib files of the 3 different beats audio installs, sound UH-MAY-ZING!
I've tried all 3 seperatley, but with them flashed on top of eachother, its freaking awesome!!
ALSA beats was a little low in volume, but it was crisp clear sound..
Market beats has tha noticeably different sound, and crisp bass.
Awesome beats was made for ICS, and brings it all together, boosts the volume, and deeper crisp bass.
With all 3 flashed on top of eachother (market, alsa, awesome) it combines the effects of all 3 for an overall true beats audio experience IMHO.

Take it from an audiophile such as myself.. EDM sounds good, metal sounds good, rock sounds good, rap sounds good, country sounds good, jazz sounds good, and all sub genres, and underground genres, everything. I recommend doing my ridiculous method to enjoy music with superb quality without an eq!! HurrDurr, would you like me to provide links to the awesome beats? I recommend testing on ICS. I'm using standard $15 Sony buds, and my Frankenstein sound system(1960's component analog stereo fed through my 2003 budget surround system plugged into my lg optimus v).

Sure, ill post it for ICS ROMS. Mind writing a flashing guide for me?

Also the clear sound is coming from ALSA, and the clear sounding bass is coming from the beats mod. And are you sure the volume is a little low? I'm not noticing it at all and im using the stock LG headset.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Here ya go!
Code:
 This is a little unorthodox method that I found out to work, to get Beats Audio sounding superbly on 
Quattrimus AOKP only.  I basically got bored, and flash happy, and figured "heck, why not flash several
different Beats Audio files on top of each other, to see what happens." and I was astonished to find out
what the end result was... SUPERB SOUND GLORY!!

Here's what you do.. download the following 3 Beats Audio mods:

Standard Beats .zip ( BeatsAudiob03414.zip )
[url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=946293&d=1331702446[/url]
ALSA altered Beats .zip ( beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip )
[url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1059896&d=1336982589[/url]
Awesome Beats ( AwesomeBEATSv3.zip ) (note, even though when flashed alone, you get a half
working DSP, when using this multi flash method, it will not install the DSP Beats manager, just 
the Awesome Beats files)
[URL=http://d-h.st/XU0]AwesomeBEATSv3.zip - 442.76 KB[/URL]

After all 3 of the above are downloaded, place on your sdcard, and reboot into recovery.
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache.
-Flash "BeatsAudiob03414.zip"
-Reboot system, reboot to recovery
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache.
-Flash "beats_by_contradictor_V2.07_Alsa.zip"
-Reboot system, reboot to recovery
-Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
-Flash "AwesomeBEATSv3.zip"
-Reboot system.
--NOTE!-- I'm pretty sure all EQ's will be broken when flashing these.

Enjoy the unorthodox method of getting "3x" Beats Audio on Quattrimus. :D
-NiteStalkr, out.

Last edited:

b34tls4ever

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
This patch is great! Very noticeable.
The only snag I hit though is that equalizers always force close with this patch for me.
Audio Fx from play store doesn't work and the Beats Manger from nitestalkr's post does the same.

I did root uninstall DSP manger before patching to be clear.

Anyone else get this or know how to fix it?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of the files are just getting Over written. o-o

Don't forget about DSPmanager.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, I think they're adding onto eachother, because with all 3 separate, they either don't fully work as intended on ICS, or at all, but when all 3 are flashed on top of eachother, then they kinda work together.. unless all 3 contain certain files that the others don't, and then they work together to perform as intended in ICS.
And yea, I forgot to mention EQ's will be disabled and broken when flashing these.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Beats are the same file. I forget names, but there are libs, framework pieces, etc, permissions. There's not really a loophole there that they add on. How do you know that you flashed the first one and it didn't work?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This patch is great! Very noticeable.
The only snag I hit though is that equalizers always force close with this patch for me.
Audio Fx from play store doesn't work and the Beats Manger from nitestalkr's post does the same.

I did root uninstall DSP manger before patching to be clear.

Anyone else get this or know how to fix it?

The only beats audio mod with a functioning DSP is Awesome Beats for CM9 & AOKP, but that's only if its flashed without any other Beats audio mods, and even then, its not fully functional with our phones.
I'm not entirely sure why beats Audio mods break all EQ's, but its something you're going to have to "give up" when using a beats audio mod. This was my issue when using beats audio mods, I didn't want to give up use of EQ's, but I later got over it.

Its either use Beats audio mods, or use EQs, no in between for our devices.

b34tls4ever

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The only beats audio mod with a functioning DSP is Awesome Beats for CM9 & AOKP, but that's only if its flashed without any other Beats audio mods, and even then, its not fully functional with our phones.
I'm not entirely sure why beats Audio mods break all EQ's, but its something you're going to have to "give up" when using a beats audio mod. This was my issue when using beats audio mods, I didn't want to give up use of EQ's, but I later got over it.

Its either use Beats audio mods, or use EQs, no in between for our devices.

Hmm well that's okay then.
I only really wanted an equalizer for dynamic compression and bass boost
but those are things I can live without since i didnt even use them that often.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Beats are the same file. I forget names, but there are libs, framework pieces, etc, permissions. There's not really a loophole there that they add on. How do you know that you flashed the first one and it didn't work?

I tested each one individually. The standard beats mod sounds very quiet on quattrimus, ALSA has crisper sound than standard beats, and awesome beats had loudness and bass improvements, when it wasn't force closing, but when I flashed them on top of eachother, I noticed qualities of all 3 working in unison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital