Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, as you all may know, I got data working on my optimus v with optimus s ZVJ flashed onto it. What will not work with this is MMS and the home key and menu key is switched. So, I was wondering if anyone could fix some ZVJ based roms to get these 2 things working. I wont have time to make the tutorial today I won't be home till late tonight. Tomorrow I will make it, but it would be nice to have some ZVJ roms ported to have the 2 issues fixed. Mainly the CM10 rom, post how to fix it in the OV support thread please and upload files that need to be replaced. Other ZVJ based ROMs that are ported or how to port them should be put in this thread. I know a couple of you guys have ported a few ZVD based roms to the OV before because of Cold As Ice by the kraven, it should be the same, if not a similar process.

Edit: also the model # has to be changed.

How to get onto ZVJ is here http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/193485-guide-optimus-v-zvj.html

Sent from my Optimus M

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
You can probably do it similar to the way cm7 is set up. Deodex the zvj rom, change build prop add te proper mmsconfig.xml to mms.apk and use apk manager to modify the smsdispatcher.smali in framework.jar if you can find someone to do that though send them my way since I don't have working incoming mms on my marquee.:p

Also forgot switching the keys is easy just go into usr/share/keylayout/

Reactions: sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by jonny5449<br />
I shall digit up<br />
Whatever baseband I'm on gets either a port or heavely tweaked rom <br />
<br />
Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page
<br />
<br />
I have zvh update but I can't remember if it is gingerbread or not?? But if there is a already deodexed zvj me wants that:D
You MUST get sprint firmware flashed while in e-mode and LGNPST......remember you will lose AAA/HA keys.

Sent from my Optimus M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781