Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I still think that there is a slight chance that this baseband will not work with virgin mobile, I've talked to Sammyz12 about this, and I plan on testing it before he releases his guide.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
The zvh radio works good i haven't tested the zvj radio yet. That damn lgnpst 1.3 has screwed up my windows partition so i gotta wipe and reflash it. Really wish it had a factory data reset.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You will use LGNPST for the ENTIRE process of getting from OV fw to OS ZVD and getting data to work. It is noob proof to where there is no way to screw your phone. But it will be a long detailed guide.

Sent from my Optimus M

After this all you gotta do is take the home and menu button out and switch them around to have an optimus s
Your optimistic v has reached the impossible its running on metro pcs and running s firmware I'm amazed

Sent From My LS670

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! I've been playing with this idea since we got our zv9 update . zip as a way back to vm! The most I managed to get working is zvh with calling and sms. Sammyz done it again with another breakthrough! Who else runs an optimus v that thinks it's an s but connects to metropcs lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! I've been playing with this idea since we got our zv9 update . zip as a way back to vm! The most I managed to get working is zvh with calling and sms. Sammyz done it again with another breakthrough! Who else runs an optimus v that thinks it's an s but connects to metropcs lol

Lol this^^^^

Sent from my Optimus M

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
After this all you gotta do is take the home and menu button out and switch them around to have an optimus s
Your optimistic v has reached the impossible its running on metro pcs and running s firmware I'm amazed

Sent From My LS670

Lol, my optimus m is actually running optimus c firmware too...lol

Sent from my Optimus M

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
He's optimus s :p he's offering to port os zvj roms to ov zvj :) I'm really pumped for your guide btw! I saw a vm fix in the other thread, but I don't really understand what it does or how to do it.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
He's optimus s :p he's offering to port os zvj roms to ov zvj :) I'm really pumped for your guide btw! I saw a vm fix in the other thread, but I don't really understand what it does or how to do it.

You replace the fles from the zip into the download you get from the optimus S forum

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
ZVJ roms are based on stock, which wouldn't be easy to port. Idk about Sammyz and his Radio bricking and hacking. I'm still confused. :p

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that we have this guide, anyone else going to port some ZVJ roms?

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Are the files that you replace in the same location throughout all ROMs?

I'm not sure, I haven't been able to mess with much, I'm still on ZVD....family is visiting, that's why it took me so long to put the guide up....

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49