Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, it seems logical to think that they will be in the same place, although dependent on OS versions.

So, Froyo goes in one place, Gingerbread goes in another, and ICS goes in another, and Jellybean goes in another. If that is the case, and someone will need to research this, shouldn't take too long, then it would make much more sense to not "port" every ZVJ ROM, make a new tread, and commit to supporting it, and just create three flashable ZIPs, one for each OS, with the files being replaced, and instructing users on how to fix MMS by using GoSMS, unless that is as easy as replacing the files to fix the radio, and not independent of what ROM you're working off of.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
There's really no point of making a thread, yes. Drew, and everyone else already made it. So it's kinda like posting in the wrong forums. :)

I'm gonna do alot if testing. I can't stand the GO apps. To nuch bloat.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Bloated, yeah, but I notice no difference between using GoSMS and the stock messaging app in terms of performance. They used to have more options for hiding the GoBloat, but it's pretty much unavoidable now.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, it seems logical to think that they will be in the same place, although dependent on OS versions.

So, Froyo goes in one place, Gingerbread goes in another, and ICS goes in another, and Jellybean goes in another. If that is the case, and someone will need to research this, shouldn't take too long, then it would make much more sense to not "port" every ZVJ ROM, make a new tread, and commit to supporting it, and just create three flashable ZIPs, one for each OS, with the files being replaced, and instructing users on how to fix MMS by using GoSMS, unless that is as easy as replacing the files to fix the radio, and not independent of what ROM you're working off of.

I already said to post ported ROMs in this thread....

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So.... Jonny5449.... Any news on a ov zvj rom? Lol let me know I'd be glad to test

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
So...where are we at regarding all of the zvj/zvd radios and methods?

With Nitestalkr's method, we have:
zvj roms with everything working but mms except for gingerbread roms, in which data still doesn't work?

With Sammyz method, we have:
zvd roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?
zvj roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?

Or am I way off? Maybe someone else could explain it better.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So...where are we at regarding all of the zvj/zvd radios and methods?

With Nitestalkr's method, we have:
zvj roms with everything working but mms except for gingerbread roms, in which data still doesn't work?

With Sammyz method, we have:
zvd roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?
zvj roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?

Or am I way off? Maybe someone else could explain it better.

GB/ICS/JB ZVJ will all work with this for data, GB won't work with data with nitestalkr's method and MMS is in the works for both.

Reactions: nitestalkr

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
^^^what he said. Basically we've got the radio working perfectly. Just need a rom for the V with proper mms settings.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You know... Porting aside I think someone could now build stock based gb roms from source.. Something that has been just about impossible till now due to no zvj radio.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
You know... Porting aside I think someone could now build stock based gb roms from source.. Something that has been just about impossible till now due to no zvj radio.

Ummm there is one on the Optimus S forum.
Just needs MMS fix made. And key switch.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
1. How would you even make a OV ZVJ rom....?

2. Don't have the sources for a pure GB rom with VM's sources. :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12