Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
1. How would you even make a OV ZVJ rom....?

2. Don't have the sources for a pure GB rom with VM's sources. :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It would have to be from Sprint sources with mms settings for vm and keypad fixed for the V

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just mean if we got source for any of the zvj roms a rom for optimus v zvj should be able to be hammered out without too much trouble.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just mean if we got source for any of the zvj roms a rom for optimus v zvj should be able to be hammered out without too much trouble.

How do they build zvj based roms if they don't have source?

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Using GitHub...
If someone copied everything used to build a Optimus S ZVJ GB Rom, and edited the newly copied source, with things to fix everything to function on V (mms, service, device type) and built from that, then it would all be fixed WHEN building a rom for OV ZVJ...
I still dont see the point of building a ROM for ZVJ OV when we already have everything working for OV "ZVD" (zv4, 5, 9).. and since my fix more or less fixes this (with exception of MMS(still questionably working, as reported by a few testers) and data on GB)

With just Root on the V, we have:
Optimus V Roms(Froyo, GB, ICS, JB(soon)) with just about everything working(unless told otherwise)

With Nitestalkr's method, we have:
Optimus S ZVD roms with everything working(unless told otherwise).
Optimus S ZVD roms with mostly everything working.(MMS has mixed reports for GB and ICS, Data has only 1 report of it working in GB(still unkown how it was accomplished), in JB mms isnt fixed in any Optimus build yet, in ICS and JB data IS working)

With Sammyz method, we have:
zvd roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?
zvj roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Using GitHub...
If someone copied everything used to build a Optimus S ZVJ GB Rom, and edited the newly copied source, with things to fix everything to function on V (mms, service, device type) and built from that, then it would all be fixed WHEN building a rom for OV ZVJ...
I still dont see the point of building a ROM for ZVJ OV when we already have everything working for OV "ZVD" (zv4, 5, 9).. and since my fix more or less fixes this (with exception of MMS(still questionably working, as reported by a few testers) and data on GB)

With just Root on the V, we have:
Optimus V Roms(Froyo, GB, ICS, JB(soon)) with just about everything working(unless told otherwise)

With Nitestalkr's method, we have:
Optimus S ZVD roms with everything working(unless told otherwise).
Optimus S ZVD roms with mostly everything working.(MMS has mixed reports for GB and ICS, Data has only 1 report of it working in GB(still unkown how it was accomplished), in JB mms isnt fixed in any Optimus build yet, in ICS and JB data IS working)

With Sammyz method, we have:
zvd roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?
zvj roms with everything working, except mms won't work on the stock rom?

My method, the main purose was ZVJ roms working, not ZVD....and it works with everyrhing except MMS. My method is ONLY for the advanced people. Your method is for, well, newbs lol, but I wish your method was found earlier. I was planning on flashing optimus s firmware later, but because of JB, I decided to start earlier...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My method, the main purose was ZVJ roms working, not ZVD....and it works with everyrhing except MMS. My method is ONLY for the advanced people. Your method is for, well, newbs lol, but I wish your method was found earlier. I was planning on flashing optimus s firmware later, but because of JB, I decided to start earlier...

Both of our methods basically started because of jellybean, yours is more functional, but difficult, and yea, mines for the simpletons :p
Yours us mainly for people who know what they're doing, PLUS, it gets data working for GB roms.
Plus, if it wasn't for your method, and Jellybean ZVJ, my method wouldn't exist.
All I need to do, is figure out how to "reactivate" or get data fixing, via my patch, or simple guide, for the ZVJ GB roms, and fix MMS completely(its half working).
All you really need to do is fix MMS.
So that's les work for your guide :p
And data is more important than MMS, so you've got the favorable method. :)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: sammyz

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Which guide?

This one to get zvj on the V. I didn't finish it tho before I left for work. I'll pm you tomorrow with it.

Edit:... DOH! or I could be posting in the wrong thread. Oh well, you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Or realized its summer. ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Every other kid:
It's summer????? :what:
What am I doing here? I should go outside for the next month and not mess with android! Its very sunny and those beaches look pretty nice.

Me: NO! It's hot outside, I love my air conditioned room where I can drink a mountain dew and not get dehydrated.

Sent from my Optimus M

Reactions: jonny5449

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Every other kid:
It's summer????? :what:
What am I doing here? I should go outside for the next month and not mess with android! Its very sunny and those beaches look pretty nice.

Me: NO! It's hot outside, I love my air conditioned room where I can drink a mountain dew and not get dehydrated.

Sent from my Optimus M

^Nate456 likes this idea:D But I have summer band to go to:-\

So has anyone been able to get a universal mms fix going yet.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
And I play vocals :D

@nate, it looks like a universal flashable mms fix is out of reach for now.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

True but looking around the S forums there really aren't many zvj roms if we worked out how to get one working with a flashable zip it probably wouldn't be hard to make one for each rom we want to use I'd love to see one for hydroROM and I'm thinking of checking out danteROM

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol