The ROM comparison/set up Thread.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This thread is to promote ideas of how to set up your ROM settings, homepages, configurations, and to compare and contrast peoples experiences with their set-ups.

If you would like to join in on the fun, please follow my format as closely as possible(The second post is completely up to you, if you want to include all of it or not, just include clock speeds and governor).

My "Un-dead Sammich"

ROM/Version:
Quattrimus AOKP (latest update)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/186113-rom-beta-quattrimus-ics.html

Launcher:
Nova Launcher
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en&token=O_s5E92s

Widgets:
MIUI spiral red analog clock
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MIUISpiralRedAnalogClock&hl=en&token=gffEvbBj
Virgin Mobile minutes checker
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Zpcmdpbm1pbnV0ZXNjaGVja2VyIl0.&token=Z9J-1jYi
Play store widget
(included with GAPPS)

Themes:
AfterBurner
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fjci5pZ25pdGlvbi5jbTkubWRwaSJd&token=psrcnNWk
Blood Red GO SMS, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dvc21zLnRoZW1lLmJsb29kX3JlZCJd&token=rUjjd1im
Apollo Red Theme: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3Dapollo+red+theme+play+store&token=05Q5DvC_

Wallpaper:
Zombie Skyline Lite(animated wallpaper)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...5kYW5nZXIuZGVhbmxhYnMuY29tIl0.&token=Z_UQrPgb

Boot Animation:
Crimson Serpent(made by myself)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-bootanimations-sammyz-nitestalkr-others.html

Other tweaks:
Modified DSP Manager with BEATS audio
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1728391
Apollo Music Player
Apollo Music Player Now Available - xda-developers

Screen Shots of Home screen:

Home Page
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-27-32.png

Folder 1
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-33-01.png

Folder 2
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-27-48.png

Folder 3
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-27-56.png

Folder 4
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-28-04.png

Folder 5
5nmzqs.png

SMS Folder
Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-28-26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vm_760 and drymarro

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
(Do not showing stock settings, only changes made)
-System Settings:
--ROM Control
---General UI
----Disable Bugmailer-- Check
----CRT off animation checked
----Show IME Switcher-- Check
----Enable Volume Options-- Check
----Custom Carrier label-- "un-dead sammich"
----Hold back to kill-- Check
----Rotation Delay-- 50ms
---Navigation bar
----Enable bar-- Check
----Menu Location-- Remove
----Navigation bar color-- Red
----Navigation bar glow color-- Red
----Navigation bar quantity-- 4 (menu, home, back, resents)
----Navigation bar width-- 30dp
----Navigation bar height-- 36dp
---Lockscreen options
----Lockscreen text color-- Red
----Menu unlock-- Check
----Lockscreen Battery Percentage-- Check
----Lockscreen Weather-- Check
----Lockscreen Weather Style-- Weather Panel
----Volume music controls-- Check
----Stock music layout-- Check
---Power menu options
----Show screenshot-- Check
----Show airplane mode-- Check
---Weather
----Enabled, set to my location
----Statusbar weather style-- Weather Panel
---General
----Enable Brightness control-- Check
----Enable USB debugging icon-- Check
----Statusbar font size-- 14dp
----Show notification count-- Check
---Toggles
----Toggles enabled and order(second layout)-- Wifi, BT, GPS, Swagger
----Brightness Location-- Don't Show
----Toggle style-- Icon only
---Clock
----Clock style-- Center clock
----AM/PM & Day of the week style-- small
----Clock color-- Red
---Battery
----Battery icon style-- icon with text
----Battery bar location-- Top of navbar
----Batter bar color-- Red
----Battery bar thickness-- 2dp
---Performance
----Max CPU-- 844MHz
----Min CPU-- 480MHz
----Scaling governor-- SavagedZen
----Set at boot-- Check
----Free Memory-- 50MB
----Set at boot-- Check
----Scrolling cache-- Force Disable
--Developers Options
---Android debugging-- Check
---Stay awake-- Check
---Allow mock locations-- Check
---HDCP checking-- Always use HDCP checking
---Show touches-- Check
---Force GPU rendering-- Check

Reactions: Badboytoast

drymarro

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I'm going to set up my Optimus V just like this :D

Running Quattrimus CM9.

Btw, how do you get those buttons at the very bottom of the screen to show up???

EDIT: Well you have AOKP... that could explain something haha.
I might try AOKP tomorrow out.

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I'm going to set up my Optimus V just like this :D

Running Quattrimus CM9.

Btw, how do you get those buttons at the very bottom of the screen to show up???

In AOKP: System Settings=>ROM Control=>Navigation Bar. There are many options available for customizing the navigation bar.

I don't personally use it, mostly because it takes up some valuable screen real-estate, when there's not a lot to start with, and partly because all the default buttons are already present as hard keys on our phone. You can change or add buttons, so there is some additional functionality to be gained, or if you just want to show absolutely everything you can do with the ROM.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
In AOKP: System Settings=>ROM Control=>Navigation Bar. There are many options available for customizing the navigation bar.

I don't personally use it, mostly because it takes up some valuable screen real-estate, when there's not a lot to start with, and partly because all the default buttons are already present as hard keys on our phone. You can change or add buttons, so there is some additional functionality to be gained, or if you just want to show absolutely everything you can do with the ROM.

You can change the nav bar height and width to take up less space, I find 30dp or 36dp to be best. Hardly takes up any valuable space.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's obviously a personal preference thing. I tend toward a minimal style.

Nice setup though nitestalkr! The full details settings chart you penned is incredibly obsessive...I love it!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's obviously a personal preference thing. I tend toward a minimal style.

Nice setup though nitestalkr! The full details settings chart you penned is incredibly obsessive...I love it!

Ha yea, its by far my favorite set up with any ROM that I've made thus far. I love my theme choices throughout my ROM, mostly red, including my tapatalk app, and hopefully I can find a way to theme the already themed Facebook app that i use, to have a bit more RED. Black and Red looks good throughout ICS, especially AOKP. I'm hoping I can find a few more Tweaks like amphetamines, that play well with my clocking speeds, and quattrimus AOKP in general. As I test out tweaks, and keep em, I'll add it to my list in the op. I still love my wallpaper choice, along with the boot animation I made, specifically for my set up (crimson serpent) that started out as a request to change the color of my other boot animation (entangled serpent).
And I figured folders would be easier to access rather than swiping through several home pages.
And I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can run quattrimus aokp at those clock speeds.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ha yea, its by far my favorite set up with any ROM that I've made thus far. I love my theme choices throughout my ROM, mostly red, including my tapatalk app, and hopefully I can find a way to theme the already themed Facebook app that i use, to have a bit more RED. Black and Red looks good throughout ICS, especially AOKP. I'm hoping I can find a few more Tweaks like amphetamines, that play well with my clocking speeds, and quattrimus AOKP in general. As I test out tweaks, and keep em, I'll add it to my list in the op. I still love my wallpaper choice, along with the boot animation I made, specifically for my set up (crimson serpent) that started out as a request to change the color of my other boot animation (entangled serpent).
And I figured folders would be easier to access rather than swiping through several home pages.
And I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can run quattrimus aokp at those clock speeds.

Here's a theme that has a lot of red but you have to do the 140 dpi trick.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/top...heme-Chooser]Now-at-Version-1.1.0---*6/28/12*

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome for the simple fact I never knew that there was a VM minutes app. More people should share threads like this.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is awesome for the simple fact I never knew that there was a VM minutes app. More people should share threads like this.

There used to be a lot of threads like this, and lately, there's hardly any. I miss those "post your homepage configuration" threads, or "share your wallpaper" threads. This is my attempt in bringing vackbthose very helpful threads of sharing information

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
4257003d-559e-243b.jpg

This is just my home page.
Quatramis CM9
806/480 SavagedZen
Amphetamines 02 scripts
Apex Launcher with modified Monster GoLauncher theme
Used Simple Text for word icons using Broken Ghost font
GoKeyboard using Red Fusion theme
Go SMS Pro using modified simple red theme
For theme i used MrDSL's Mixer ICS mdpi theme as a base and combined about 3 or 4 different theme elements along with some of my own additions using Ninja Morph, Root Explorer, and ZipSigner.
Wallpaper is Biomechanical Droip LWP on Vampiric setting.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

This is just my home page.
Quatramis CM9
806/480 SavagedZen
Amphetamines 02 scripts
Apex Launcher with modified Monster GoLauncher theme
Used Simple Text for word icons using Broken Ghost font
GoKeyboard using Red Fusion theme
Go SMS Pro using modified simple red theme
For theme i used MrDSL's Mixer ICS mdpi theme as a base and combined about 3 or 4 different theme elements along with some of my own additions using Ninja Morph, Root Explorer, and ZipSigner.
Wallpaper is Biomechanical Droip LWP on Vampiric setting.

Thanks for sharing!
Looks pretty damn awesome!!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I too am a big fan of red and black.

Yea, it looks sooooo nice in ICS.
I think its kinda ironic that in GB roms, I tried to get it rom look as close to the color scheme of standard ICS, but when I started to use ICS, I began using red and black theme formats.
For my keyboard, I use good ole Better keyboard 8 for gingerbread with Red tron legacy skin, and edited all of the custom color options to red.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice...yeah, i used Better Keyboard 8 a good while back...i've used red and black since way back on my Eris, but change it up now and then with blue or green. Working on a purple and black now, for something a little different.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
AW Yeah :)

100-screenshot-2012-07-24-22-14-51.png

101-screenshot-2012-07-24-22-15-26.png

I changed out the icons using an icon pack I found for star wars on the Play store. :)

--Nova Launcher
--Owner info on lock screen
--Weather enabled on lock screen
--Theme = Imperial theme from Play store (Benslgdroid)
--Enabled brightness control on status bar
--Notification Drawer
------Show power widgets
------Widget buttons: wifi, mobile data, play media, skip to next media
---Phone Ringtone = Imperial March(of course)
---default Notification = Edited the notif. ringtone to be Luke Skywalker yelling 'NOOOO' after he finds out Vader's his father.
-----Volume rocker music control

1 gig sd ext partition

Android debug enabled
Kill app back button

Minimum CPU = 480
Maximum CPU= 787
Governor = SavagedZen
Set on boot
Surface Dithering On

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
That's bad ass! I had modified the star wars theme making a Darth Vader theme back on GB. Yes, it was red and black ;) i also had the screen lock and unlock sounds of a light saber.

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
This is my home screen.
Running Quattrimus AOKP 7/24 nightly with speed booster and amphetamines 02 as add ons. Also have inverted mms Calender and contacts for the dark look.

Using Nova prime as my launcher dolphin browser with red color theme. My theme Chooser theme is PCB red and my wallpaper is the new red and black charger from zedge. Also using multiimage pic frame from the playstore. Better keyboard 8 with a red theme tops the ensemble to cover almost 100% red and black.

Running savagezen 480/864 (yea I know I'm pushing the limits) and am pleasently pleased with it all. But still needing a decent red and black boot animation.

Ran for over an hour today at 0% on a fresh nightly flash after clearing cache dalvic and reset battery stats (coming from a 24 hour CM9 test) so still trying to figure that one out.

If you need any more Info feel free to ask:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1