The ROM comparison/set up Thread.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nitestalkr's Crimson Serpent is really cool. I'm using a flaming red skull boot animation right now. There's a thread on Xda for boot animations. Also, Absolute System on the market has a good selection of boot animations. That's where i get most of mine.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Nitestalkr's Crimson Serpent is really cool. I'm using a flaming red skull boot animation right now. There's a thread on Xda for boot animations. Also, Absolute System on the market has a good selection of boot animations. That's where i get most of mine.

Thanks for that feedback :D
Not many people post much feed back about my animations in the thread sammyz made for em.
I do plan on continuing making more animations, just not right now. Been having a lot of things pop up in my life thats been preventing me make some, even though I still have a lot of time on my hands. But in a month or so, I'll be pumping out animations left and right again.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: dingermtb

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You should make a star wars boot animation. :D

I'll add it to my long todo list of boot animations lol.
I plan on attempting to make a boot animation for each theme made by members of the DHoT theme team, and that would include Brotherswing, Benslgdroid, anthonycr, and others that I forgot. :p

Reactions: Badboytoast

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
One of my faves is the Bizarro one, which i'll use when i finish my purple and black theme.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
One of my faves is the Bizarro one, which i'll use when i finish my purple and black theme.

I was once thinking if making a black and dark purple theme, and calling it NiteShade... but I never learned how to make themes and began making boot animations :p

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I was once thinking if making a black and dark purple theme, and calling it NiteShade... but I never learned how to make themes and began making boot animations :p

I use Ninja Morph to swap out the .png files and Root Explorer if i'm overwriting multiple files. Then zip it and sign it using ZipSigner, then renaming it from .zip to .apk. Very tedious and takes quite a long time since i swap out almost 4000 files with each theme. Also, i always use MrDSL's Mixer ICS mdpi theme as a base because i love the extent of his themes with the extra animations.

On a side note, other than the Quattrimus thread, this is my new favorite thread :)

Reactions: andrewnelson23

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Ninja Morph to swap out the .png files and Root Explorer if i'm overwriting multiple files. Then zip it and sign it using ZipSigner, then renaming it from .zip to .apk. Very tedious and takes quite a long time since i swap out almost 4000 files with each theme. Also, i always use MrDSL's Mixer ICS mdpi theme as a base because i love the extent of his themes with the extra animations.

On a side note, other than the Quattrimus thread, this is my new favorite thread :)

I love threads like this, cause soooo much information gets shared, and you learn new things.

@ganggreen30
Speed booster is a script that speeds up the r/w speed of the sdcard... i think.. either that, its like amphetamines.

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually the speed booster I'm referring to came off the quattrimus alpha thread I believe. It a flashable zip to help with data speeds for those of us who burn through the 2.5g data to fast..lol

Although not designed for the OV I notice a big difference when loading my web pages and watching videos. I hardly ever get a buffering wheel:) If I get time today ill search it up and repost the link.

EDIT: look up the archived quattrimus thread, go to page 798 and the link to the xda developers page is there. Its the second link on the post. Called 3g/4g data speed boost.

Now I got a few questions. Where can I pick up Xparent red tapatalk 2? And how can I run a benchmark test on my phone. Curious as to see what results ill get

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually the speed booster I'm referring to came off the quattrimus alpha thread I believe. It a flashable zip to help with data speeds for those of us who burn through the 2.5g data to fast..lol

Although not designed for the OV I notice a big difference when loading my web pages and watching videos. I hardly ever get a buffering wheel:) If I get time today ill search it up and repost the link.

Now I got a few questions. Where can I pick up Xparent red tapatalk 2? And how can I run a benchmark test on my phone. Curious as to see what results ill get

That would be helpful.
As for the red tapatalk, it costs some money on the play store, although, you can do a quick Google search and sideload it on your sdcard.
There are some benchmark apps in the market, can't remember what they're called.. try searching "benchmark" in the market.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: look up the archived quattrimus thread, go to page 798 and the link to the xda developers page is there. Its the second link on the post. Called 3g/4g data speed boost.

Ahh, yes. I actually have that mod saved on my sd. It works absolutely great on quattrimus, but I flashed it on mirage and it seemed to make my speeds worse.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Quadrant is a good benchmark app.

Actually, it's not, in fact there is a long history is issues with Quadrant on the OV.
Especially for the Optimus V, if you turn on Stagefright, you will get insane scores which are physically impossible. Also, for some reason it has become the go to for the Evo V, and even there is does poorly.

How bad?
A rom'd and tweaked Evo V shows up as about the same speed as mildly rom'd Triumph and heavily modded OV. You and everyone else knows that there is no way an 800mhz OV is going to match a dual core Evo V overclocked to 1.5 processors. Reboot and run the test again and all three devices will now be entirely different.

Worse, take another benchmark like Antutu and the phone that showed the fastest on Quadrant, will now be the slowest on Antutu...

Linpack seems about the most consistent, at least for the OV, however, benchmarks are pretty pointless. Take the OV for instance... Try several roms, all at the same overclock, and barring anything strange, most will score relatively the same. Why? Because all of the roms are based on similar versions of Linux. You aren't comparing Windows to Linux or a Core I7 verses a Pentium 4, you are comparing the same processor and almost the exact same operating system.

Run the rom that works best for you and forget the benchmarks. You could have the fastest rom out there, but if it won't handle that one game you want to play, what good is it? Meanwhile the 3rd fastest runs the game and everything else you want, perfectly fine... And worse... You can't tell a speed difference without a benchmark anyhow, so what does it matter if it's faster at opening your browser .0001 second faster.

We have already done a ton to the phone, there is only so much more it can do. You aren't going to replicate dual core or triple the ram, and that is only way you will get a significant difference. Any serious speed improvement eventually trickles down to every rom, it's only the little minor things that differentiate them.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, as it turns out, i couldn't live without my "Zombie Mobile" or my centeted clock, so i switched back to AOKP today getting my swagger on, lol

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, as it turns out, i couldn't live without my "Zombie Mobile" or my centeted clock, so i switched back to AOKP today getting my swagger on, lol

I did that recently too, flashed CM9, 30 minutes later, had swagger withdrawals xD

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok little rom topic. Little off. I did get z benchmark of 2061 using Antutu running savagezen 480/864.

I also found another topic that posted a screenie of a launcher for the OV that I'd like to try but the Guy I pm'd about it don't remember the name of it. So ill post his screenie here for some help...

Hope someone can tell me which one it is...lol

Sent from my twice fried OV using Quattrimus as a pacemaker

Reactions: nitestalkr