[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

they were registered, i dont have data since i did a restore 2 weeks ago, and didnt backup nvs files, lgnpst doesn't show any aaa/ha keys when i press read now :(

What happens when you run lgnpst and then try dfs remember that it might not be profile 0 it might be one two or three? If you have confusion about that then watch this here video.

So question. The fix that zakman posted so that the jb cm10 rom would boot, would that work on any zvj roms? Cuz then there's not really any point in getting the zvj radio on our phones. Or is there another reason we should want this radio?

Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio.

True! Maybe I should try it. Ahhh man that was awesome. fully functional zvj rom on the optimus v. oh for mms, I think it can be fixed pretty easy. Not sure though. Could you try Wraith? in your stock rom, go to phone and dial the ##data# and then there should be one like mmsc or something like that...? it gives you an option to change them. I think that could get mms working if you set it up to be vm.

That may work to get outgoing mms to work but it won't help at all to get mms receive

Reactions: andrewnelson23

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
they were registered, i dont have data since i did a restore 2 weeks ago, and didnt backup nvs files, lgnpst doesn't show any aaa/ha keys when i press read now :(

LGNPST wont show it even if it is there, what you MUST do is read with LGNPST and then read with DFS from the unbrick optimus v with optimus s firmware guide.
Read what asadullah said before me^^^
Sent from my Optimus M

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you run lgnpst and then try dfs remember that it might not be profile 0 it might be one two or three? If you have confusion about that then watch this here video.

Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio.

That may work to get outgoing mms to work but it won't help at all to get mms receive

I packaged a flashable zip with it in there...
I made it for use with jellybean, but it can be used with any Optimus S Rom (ZVD, ZVH, AND ZVJ!) On the Optimus V. It doesn't fix MMS, just everything else, including the button swap.
Now if only I can figure out how to make a flashable MMS fix.. then we'd have a 1 step flashable porting patch for ALL Optimus S roms to work on the Optimus V.

JellyBean Super Fix for the LG Optimus V!
------Installation---(Must have ROM ZVJ WIP CyanogenMod 10 installed FIRST!)---
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik-cache
-disable signature verification
-flash as you would with everything else

Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
The official CM10 Boot animation (Thanks Nate456 for providing the link!)
LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
Enjoy!!
JellyBean Super fix.zip (1.51 MB) Flashable zip!

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio

The sprint radio is not what's causing us to lose data.....I think it's letting that sprint program run on the boot after flashing the PRL. I pressed menu key (the key that looks like the home key) and press skip...

Sent from my Optimus M

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I packaged a flashable zip with it in there...
I made it for use with jellybean, but it can be used with any Optimus S Rom (ZVD, ZVH, AND ZVJ!) On the Optimus V. It doesn't fix MMS, just everything else, including the button swap.

This^^^^^ if this was made a day before this guide..............this would not exist.

Sent from my Optimus M

Reactions: thewraith420

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This^^^^^ if this was made a day before this guide..............this would not exist.

Sent from my Optimus M

Lol, I'm sorry for making this a little too late :p
If it wasnt for your guide, I wouldn't have tried to find a shortcut.
So if your guide never existed, neither would my flashable zip. PARADOX!
All we need to do, is find a way to make an MMS fix, flashable.
Then I can incorporate it into my zip, and we'd have a 1 step flashing porting zip for all Optimus S roms for the V.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to do this since our zv9 update came out lol I'm pretty sure my reception has improved since flashing zvj. So I might be the only one but I'm glad you did this guide.

Tapatalk in it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Then I can incorporate it into my zip, and we'd have a 1 step flashing porting zip for all Optimus S roms for the V.

Yea but my guide is way too complicated, unless thewraith420 can put in more detail to getting the AAA/HA keys and including a download link to DFS in a single post so I can quote it after saying "To fix data:"

Sent from my Optimus M

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea but my guide is way too complicated, unless thewraith420 can put in more detail to getting the AAA/HA keys and including a download link to DFS in a single post so I can quote it after saying "To fix data:"

Sent from my Optimus M

I might be able to do that... Probably not today tho. And I just used the dfs from Phatninja55's unbrick guide

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I might be able to do that... Probably not today tho. And I just used the dfs from Phatninja55's unbrick guide

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

I know, but that's like another 100 MBs and some people have DSL....I have cable :D

I love your signature btw :D

Sent from my Optimus M

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

How good are you with java and smali?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

The sprint radio is not what's causing us to lose data.....I think it's letting that sprint program run on the boot after flashing the PRL. I pressed menu key (the key that looks like the home key) and press skip...

Sent from my Optimus M

I don't know Sammyz....I was pretty sure it was the sprint radio too. but I had skipped that program but I still lost data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance