01-17-2014 02:43 PM
470 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Just to let everyone know, I added a patch for those of you that have ZVJ, so you can stay on ZVJ and still use any Optimus S/V ROM, you can find it in my Patch thread in the Optimus V forum, or grab it here: ZVD to ZVJ patch-Optimus V-07292012.zip (1.33 MB)
    thewraith420 likes this.
    07-29-2012 02:27 AM
    Just to let everyone know, I added a patch for those of you that have ZVJ, so you can stay on ZVJ and still use any Optimus S/V ROM, you can find it in my Patch thread in the Optimus V forum, or grab it here: ZVD to ZVJ patch-Optimus V-07292012.zip (1.33 MB)
    Thanks! This definitely should be in the OP.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    07-29-2012 03:28 AM
    Thanks! This definitely should be in the OP.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    Once we have a 100% fool proof, noob friendly guide of how to install ZVJ, fix data, and obtain root, we should attempt to promote the idea of all Optimus V users to use ZVJ, and that patch.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-29-2012 03:47 AM
    Once we have a 100% fool proof, noob friendly guide of how to install ZVJ, fix data, and obtain root, we should attempt to promote the idea of all Optimus V users to use ZVJ, and that patch.

i think its still going to be a mostly advanced users doing it.. it requires using CDMA programing tools and most probably wont want to deal with that so long as there are good supported roms for what they already have. i'd be interested in seeing a few ZVJ VM670 roms show up tho... using OS GB Source our devs should be able to build roms similar to hydrorom but with the V Fixes built in to allow proper identification have the keys mapped correctly and i'm sure MMS isnt too far out
    07-29-2012 03:58 AM
    i think its still going to be a mostly advanced users doing it.. it requires using CDMA programing tools and most probably wont want to deal with that so long as there are good supported roms for what they already have. i'd be interested in seeing a few ZVJ VM670 roms show up tho... using OS GB Source our devs should be able to build roms similar to hydrorom but with the V Fixes built in to allow proper identification have the keys mapped correctly and i'm sure MMS isnt too far out
    Yea that's true, and I guess my patches would be more favorable for the less advanced users. Either way, all OS, and OV users can now use all Optimus S/V roms. Getting mms and data fully functional seem to be the only issues left to resolve. I'm still getting mixed reports for both using my patches.

07-29-2012 04:24 AM
    Edit: posted in wrong thread
    07-29-2012 06:59 AM
    In Optiauto, there's an option to root zvd before you get zvj. It's option A. that's what I did. I'm sick of this, I'm just gonna reflash the s firmware.
    07-29-2012 07:03 AM
    In Optiauto, there's an option to root zvd before you get zvj. It's option A. that's what I did. I'm sick of this, I'm just gonna reflash the s firmware.
    Yeah I didn't use that... I had gingerbreak handy so I went with it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 07:12 AM
    You know... I think my signal is a bit stronger on zvj... I've been around -85 to -88 on zvj and I was about -87 to -95

07-29-2012 08:11 AM
    You know... I think my signal is a bit stronger on zvj... I've been around -85 to -88 on zvj and I was about -87 to -95

My internet speeds did feel faster on my OV with ZVJ, felt faster than my OM

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-29-2012 08:41 AM
    I can't seem to get data working after flashing to OS firmware AGAIN. this is annoying. Everything has stuck.
    Here's what I've done. In DFS,
    in the data section:
    I entered my meid@mdata.vmobl.com and the 10 digit key in the HDR an and the HRD an long sections. After that didn't work, I also tried putting those items in the PPP, PAP, and HDR AN PPP sections.
    In the m. ip section:
    On the left hand side it says SimpleIP and then under that Active Profile = 1 and Number of Profiles = 3.
    in the first two profiles, I made them the same, and the NAI is meid@mdata.vmobl.com.
    in the third profile, I made the NAI as meid@prov.vmobl.com.
    I tried to disable profile 0, but as expected, that just reverted back to enabled. Profile one is enabled. However, when I tried to enable profile 2, it would not enable. Is that my problem?

ALL of the NAI's and HEX'S stuck though. So I must be close.

Hope y'all can help me out here.
    07-29-2012 11:57 AM
    I can't seem to get data working after flashing to OS firmware AGAIN. this is annoying. Everything has stuck.
    Here's what I've done. In DFS,
    in the data section:
    I entered my meid@mdata.vmobl.com and the 10 digit key in the HDR an and the HRD an long sections. After that didn't work, I also tried putting those items in the PPP, PAP, and HDR AN PPP sections.
    In the m. ip section:
    On the left hand side it says SimpleIP and then under that Active Profile = 1 and Number of Profiles = 3.
    in the first two profiles, I made them the same, and the NAI is meid@mdata.vmobl.com.
    in the third profile, I made the NAI as meid@prov.vmobl.com.
    I tried to disable profile 0, but as expected, that just reverted back to enabled. Profile one is enabled. However, when I tried to enable profile 2, it would not enable. Is that my problem?

ALL of the NAI's and HEX'S stuck though. So I must be close.

Hope y'all can help me out here.
    Delete profile 0

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-29-2012 12:56 PM
    I'll try it! Thanks.
    07-29-2012 01:00 PM
    Still isn't working.
    07-29-2012 01:28 PM
    Still isn't working.
    Did you do anycut? Restore nvs, prl ?

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-29-2012 01:40 PM
    yes, I did all of these. The profiles have all of the information in them, as well, but still no data on the phone.
    07-29-2012 01:47 PM
    yes, I did all of these. The profiles have all of the information in them, as well, but still no data on the phone.
    O.o activate app is needed then, you rewrote AAA/ha right?

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-29-2012 02:00 PM
    yeah. soooo. where do i get that?
    07-29-2012 02:04 PM
    later tonight I'm going to go back to zv9 and see if I can backup all of my data information while it has data capability, and then go back to zvd and see if I can figure out why it wasn't working.
    07-29-2012 02:25 PM
    just hopped on to zv9 and now I have working everything without doing anything else. hmmm. I don't know. I'm take pictures of every data screen hahah.
    07-29-2012 03:17 PM
    Hmm.. Weird you did have data working on it before right? Open QPST and read your phone then save to file. But don't count on it for ha and aaa keys.

07-29-2012 03:56 PM
    this is what i do after writeing the .nvs file to zvd to get data back

To Restore Data on LS670 Firmware:

1: Install anycut.apk
    2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
    3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
    4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined
    5: Hit back and the phone will reboot
    6: Open Qpst service programing and hit Load from file
    7: Select the .qcn file you saved durring prep
    8: Select write to phone and enter your spc
    9: The phone will reboot
    10: Open LGNPST and Select "Phone Setting" Enter your Spc hit ok then Read
    11: Close lgnpst and open DFS and enter your Spc and click SPC
    12: Click the Programing Tab then the Mobile IP TAB and click Read
    13: On the first Profile Uncheck the boxes next to Enter value in HEX for both AAA Shared Secret and HA Shared Secret
    14: Clear anything there and click write current profile settings
    15: go to profile 3 and Uncheck the Enter Value in HEX box for AAA Shared Secret and Copy the value
    16: Go To profile 2 and Paste that value into AAA Shared Secret box and Enter Vmug33k for HA shared Secret
    17: Hit Write current profile settings and switch to the data tab next to mobile ip and hit read
    18: under HDR AN and HDR AN Long you'll see YOURMEID@mdata.vmobl.com with PWD boxes under them
    19: Paste your AAA Key that you copied earlier into both pwd boxes and hit write

Reboot Phone and you will have Data
    07-29-2012 04:19 PM
    I'm back at zv9 now and actually, I had never created a .qcn backup. But I thought of that like an hour ago and made one for tonight when I try again I think that's what my problem was.
    07-29-2012 05:21 PM
    I'm back at zv9 now and actually, I had never created a .qcn backup. But I thought of that like an hour ago and made one for tonight when I try again I think that's what my problem was.
    It's not part of the guide just what I do...

07-29-2012 05:32 PM
    Fixed OP to have nitestalkr's Patches for ZVD to ZVJ made for Optimus V.
    thewraith420 and nitestalkr like this.
    07-29-2012 07:05 PM
470 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD