[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
For those who are not the best with reprogramming an entire phone: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-v.html

For advanced users that like advanced stuff

Read everything before attempting, make sure you are comfortable with these programs.
(There are more later in the guide.)

Ok, before you start saying data won't work, it WILL work. I have tested this myself with an Optimus V ZV4 baseband. Now what won't work is MMS, which is why we have this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...porting-optimus-s-zvj-roms-optimus-v-zvj.html

Support for the Optimus V on ZVJ is in that thread, which is why it was created.

Now to get LGNPST set up:

[INFO]
What You Need:
  1. Drivers installed
  2. VM670.dll.zip
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/138144-ls670-dll.html
  3. LGNPST 1.3 YOU MUST BE ON LGNPST 1.3
  4. LGNPST Components----Thank you asadullah!
  5. LS670ZVD.bin.rar
  6. Virgin Mobile PRL
  7. Your SPC code, get it by following the youtube video. Thank you asadullah!
[/INFO]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_bSUGSnkak[/YT]

DO NOT OPEN LGNPST until I say so.
Steps
Step 0: Enable the Administrator account (Windows Vista/7 users only. Windows XP users skip to Step 1.) -Click Start -type "cmd" (without quotes) -right click cmd -Run as Admin type "net users Administrator /active:yes" (without quotes) type "net users Administrator * " (without quotes) Hit enter 3 times Log off Select the Administrator account. FROM NOW ON you will only use this account for the entire process. Because this program has issues when it is not used/installed via the actual Admin account. Normally install issues and running issues. Step 1: Install LGNPST>Reboot>Extract and install everything in LGNPST Components.zip Step 2: -Extract VM670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP (create folders if they don't exist) and Right-click VM670.dll press Register Active X DLL -Extract LS670.dll to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\LS670 and and Right-click LS670.dll press Register Active X DLL The LS670 DLL must be in a seperate folder before you register it! Step 3: Connect phone while in recovery mode. If using VM670NH recovery, you must boot into phone and open the PORT by dialing ##7678# then enter SPC code> then check the checkbox. Leave the phone alone now. Step 4: Open LGNPST, make sure it connects to your phone. Step 5: Go to where you registered the VM670.dll Copy the file called VM670_COM##.nvs and paste it to a place you will remember it. If file doesn't exist yet, press Phone Setting>Enter SPC>Press Read, then close it and go look for the file now. YOU MUST HAVE THIS FILE BEFORE CONTINUING AND BACKED UP! FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN PERMANENT 3G/DATA LOSS ON YOUR PHONE. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE BY YOUR MISTAKE. IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS HDD PROBLEMS, YOU BETTER BACK IT UP TO A FLASH DRIVE! Step 6: Disconnect phone, put it in emergency mode. [INFO]If you do not know how to do this, you shouldn't be doing this, go learn more about the Optimus V.[/INFO] Step 7: Select LS670.dll and the bin file that you extracted from the RAR Archive. Step 8: Press Start Step 9: Go eat a cookie with some milk because this will take a while. Step 10: When it is done, you will notice everything zeroed out. Press the Data tab and then browse to where you backed up the VM670_COM##.nvs file. Press Start> Press Yes. Reboot the phone if it doesn't automatically after it hits 100%. Step 11: Flash a Virgin Mobile PRL Press Provision tab, PRL/ERI Go to the top where it says "Tool (T)" and press Show Only Old UI Select Write, Checkmark PRL and Nam1 and Nam2 Browse and select to where you extracted the PRL file Press Start, Enter SPC if asked. Phone will reboot. Step 12: Now follow this to get AAA/HA keys and to reprogram the phone for data to work: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/171940-fix-v-data-zvd-zvj.html Do not forget, to get into recovery mode, it will now be Power+Menu+Volume Down because of key switch. Congrats you are on LS670ZVD, now follow this guide to root and to get ZVJ on it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html You are on Optimus S firmware now, you must use Optimus S recoveries. [INFO]Use this patch created by nitestalkr to run Optimus V ROMS and ZVD OS ROMS: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-v.html---The second patch. [/INFO]

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Reserved for not being sure if my current guide to returning to ZV5 will work or not. If it does not, I know a way that will.

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Sammyz, ever since I bricked back in April and had to use S firmware to fix it, my V recovery buttons have been switched. It's weird because I updated to zv9 and everything works perfectly. and in the roms, the buttons are normal v buttons. What's up with that? Do I have S firmware on zv9 update?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Sammyz, ever since I bricked back in April and had to use S firmware to fix it, my V recovery buttons have been switched. It's weird because I updated to zv9 and everything works perfectly. and in the roms, the buttons are normal v buttons. What's up with that? Do I have S firmware on zv9 update?

Yes you still have S firmware on your phone....

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
o_O WOAH. But I've been using V stuff this whole time. V recoveries, V roms, V tweaks. And everything works. And I didn't know it was possible to get zv9 while on S firmware???

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
o_O WOAH. But I've been using V stuff this whole time. V recoveries, V roms, V tweaks. And everything works. And I didn't know it was possible to get zv9 while on S firmware???

Wait which recovery you using? Cannibal recovery has the Menu button for selecting.....

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Clockworkmod v 4.0.1.5. Everytime I want to get into recovery, I have to do volume down, menu button, and power.

Yea, you have stuff left behind, recovery buttons won't be fixed until you use LGNPST back to ZV5, if you did do that and it still does it, you have to go to ZV5 while in e-mode.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i plan on making a rom for this
if someone can tell me how to make keyswitch it would be great
i replaced harmonias key layout folder and it didnt work
im definatly making a rom for zvj it will be awhile though so bare with me i want it perfect
Sent From My LS670

Reactions: sammyz

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna give this a go.

I can return back using your ZV4 stuff? And I will have data? Cause your on Metro which makes me confused :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sellers86

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna give this a go.

I can return back using your ZV4 stuff? And I will have data? Cause your on Metro which makes me confused :p

Yes you will have data, LGNPST backs up all the NV items, which is a great thing, I do recommend everyone writing them down somewhere though, VM will never give you those AAA/HA keys, they will send you a new phone before that happens.
And yes you should be able to return to ZV5 with my guide.....it may leave traces of S firmware behind though so I may have to create a new guide in this second post. When you flash firmware with LGNPST while in E-Mode, you don't get old fw traces...like what andrew has...

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What's the combo for Emergency mode? Sure, I've never used it and you don't recommend people like that not being here, but,I want to learn. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01