01-17-2014 03:43 PM
470 ... 171819
tools
    Does anyone have a working link for LGNPST 1.3? I tried the one in the OP but the link no longer works.
    Not sure which version it is, but there's a link to LGNPST in this thread: *7/13/12*- FIX YOUR LG Revolution VS910 Firmware V4,V6,V7,V8, V9 W/ Instructions - xda-developers
    08-02-2013 11:12 PM
    Does anyone have a working link for LGNPST 1.3? I tried the one in the OP but the link no longer works.
    Thinking of giving it a go? I'm still around and running zvj on my v. If you have questions just ask

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2013 11:34 PM
    I'll give it a try. Wish me luck!
    08-03-2013 02:22 PM
    The LGNPST is finally done downloading. It's v1.2..... could this version work? I had used LGNPST 2.2.3 but uninstalled it. I could try that as well.
    08-03-2013 03:14 PM
    The LGNPST is finally done downloading. It's v1.2..... could this version work? I had used LGNPST 2.2.3 but uninstalled it. I could try that as well.
    I've only used 1.3. Just make sure you don't miss the part in the guide where you get the nvs file. It's critical. I'd also recommend using qpst to make a qcn backup

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-2013 12:20 PM
    You need to use version 1.3

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    08-05-2013 12:22 PM
    08-06-2013 11:58 AM
    I'm wondering if I might call up an old demon named sammyz through some voodoo rituals to help get Kit Kat up and running. We've got a flashable bootable zip and we're on alpha 5 (maybe 6 or 7 by the time you read this). I'm kind of in charge of getting the radio up and running, since I'm one of the few with an activated phone.
    I'm a bit in over my head here.

I'd love for you to hop in an give us some sage advice
    We're over here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...kitkat-12.html

Thanks man!
    12-22-2013 05:09 AM
    It's probably going to have to be fixed at a source level level. TheKraven is still active and probably our best hope to fix the radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 04:55 PM
    the sprint firmware conversion probably helps too, the VM MMS is weirdly structured compared to Sprint... and the /system partition is a few MB bigger in the S firmware.
    I may well convert one of my two dev phones to ZVJ just to add another test factor. I can only swap phones on my active account once every 24 hours, though. the system locks out anything quicker (I had to call custy service and get transferred to tech support one day when I learned the hard way.)
    Maybe the ril in the kernel needs backported from 3.4 but I hope not. Maybe somebody can post over in the kitkat thread what other msm7627 (cdma... the msm7227 in the p500 etc is gsm, or I'd say 7x27 instead of being specific) devices have gotten 4.4 with functional mobile data so we can all go at picking them apart? I think the mako is cmda and lg, even if it's got a more hopped-up chipset, so maybe something there to work with.
    It's probably going to have to be fixed at a source level level. TheKraven is still active and probably our best hope to fix the radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    for thekraven to really rock it, someone would have to donate him an S or V with service. He's good, and really cool for still working on our obsolete devices, but his hardware and service have moved on to bigger and better things. the OV itself is down to $25 shipped on ebay, clean esn and all.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    12-26-2013 09:49 AM
    He (thekraven) may not have the phone anymore but he has been following the kitkat? Thread and has provided helpfull tips and suggestions to try and move things along for us

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    12-26-2013 01:10 PM
    By the way CyanogenMod can be built to run on zvj if we found enough reason to do it. I've played around with building cm7 for zvj a while back and the 3 libs from the zvj patch can replace the ones in the thunderc device folder just fine and the ROM produced will run on zvj radio

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 01:15 PM
    Hello,

I have been following this discussion.

I was hoping someone would have a moment to offer any suggestions for my situation. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I have an LG Optimus V (VM670) originally from Virgin Mobile USA. It is currently activated and working on a different Sprint based MVNO. Calls and texts work.

I have run into the problem that changes made to the EVDO/data/username settings do not persist. I was hoping to get mobile data working but can't figure out how to get it to keep the new settings. Also, I'm looking for some of the default settings that would be listed under "data profile" in the data programming menu. Perhaps someone can offer a screenshot?

Running 2.2.2 stock but rooted.
    01-17-2014 11:17 AM
    1: Install anycut.apk
    2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
    3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
    4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined

5. Hit back and the phone will reboot

You should now be able to make the necessary changes to get your data working

Edit: I might also ask what programs your using to make the changes and your process? If your not using lgnpst to read the phone settings then changes made with other programs won't stick because they don't unlock it fully

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 11:32 AM
    1: Install anycut.apk
    2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
    3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
    4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined

5. Hit back and the phone will reboot

You should now be able to make the necessary changes to get your data working

Edit: I might also ask what programs your using to make the changes and your process? If your not using lgnpst to read the phone settings then changes made with other programs won't stick because they don't unlock it fully

Thank you for your fast reply! I will try this now.

I had been using cdmaDevTerm. I have had trouble finding a trustworthy source for Anycut. Any suggestions? Same thing for lgnpst. I see several versions mentioned on XDA and AF. I will keep looking unless folks here can point me in the right direction.

Also, I'm looking for the default values on the Data Profile screen (##DATA#, Data Profile). When messing around with this, I changed the SPIs and IPs to match another phone on the same carrier. I lost my notes so I'm not sure what the original values were and if I should put them back.
    01-17-2014 12:23 PM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?acn2ukqx02ocl5x

Lgnpst

01-17-2014 01:40 PM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?360u7i49wuzbldw

Dfs

01-17-2014 01:41 PM
    Sorry I've no ideas on what settings you'll need but I should be able to help get them to stick

01-17-2014 01:44 PM
    Awesome. Those were the links I needed. I still need Anycut, however. Any pointers to that?
    01-17-2014 02:41 PM
    If you can't find the .apk ( not available anymore), I can upload it to my Mediafire account so you can download.

Edit:
    Go here: http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ycut-jpBC.aspx
    Open up a barcode scanning app (I use Barcode Scanner). Go to the barcode to the right of the post. Click the option to open browser (or whatever option allows you to go to the PlayStore).
    Note: I'm on a Jellybean ROM and it wasn't available, but it should be if your on a Froyo/stock ROM.
    This is the Any Cut .apk you need.
    If still not available I will upload mine to my Mediafire account so you can download to your phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    thewraith420 and ohbobva like this.
    01-17-2014 03:43 PM
470 ... 171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD