01-17-2014 02:43 PM
470 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Changing out those .so files won't fix those, then? That's my main point. Would those roms work if we used zakman's fix?
    I've included the fix for data in a flashable zip, along with the key swap fix, and the CM10 Boot animation, if you want to try out your theory.
    Just go over to the JellyBean thread and flash it on top of any ZVJ Optimus S ROM, and it should become fully functional on the Optimus V, without having to put the ZVJ firmware on the V. Plus, in native ZVJ, hardware acceleration is broken, but in native ZVD, it is not. (Netflix dev provided this information, which is why sync is broken in all GB ROMs, ICS ROMs, and probably JB ROMs since they are ported/built on ZVJ, and then to ZVD, and the Netflix app devs refuse to fix this issue)
    07-25-2012 03:48 AM
    True! Maybe I should try it. Ahhh man that was awesome. fully functional zvj rom on the optimus v. oh for mms, I think it can be fixed pretty easy. Not sure though. Could you try Wraith? in your stock rom, go to phone and dial the ##data# and then there should be one like mmsc or something like that...? it gives you an option to change them. I think that could get mms working if you set it up to be vm.
    The key combo works but what would the proper setting be for vm?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 04:06 AM
    The key combo works but what would the proper setting be for vm?

I'll flash to stock V so I can answer your question.
    Cant access the ##DATA# menu on Stock OV zv4.
    Any ideas on how to get the necessary settings?

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-25-2012 05:03 AM
    Just curious has anyone else made it over to zvj root with data yet?

07-25-2012 06:32 AM
    I wouldn't get one until I completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of the lgnpst stuff. then you have to make sure and register them. Are they registered?
    they were registered, i dont have data since i did a restore 2 weeks ago, and didnt backup nvs files, lgnpst doesn't show any aaa/ha keys when i press read now
    07-25-2012 06:40 AM
    i got no nvs files, i guess im screwed.
    I had it bold and in red, if you don't have this file before flashing do not continue.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 06:52 AM
    they were registered, i dont have data since i did a restore 2 weeks ago, and didnt backup nvs files, lgnpst doesn't show any aaa/ha keys when i press read now
    What happens when you run lgnpst and then try dfs remember that it might not be profile 0 it might be one two or three? If you have confusion about that then watch this video.

So question. The fix that zakman posted so that the jb cm10 rom would boot, would that work on any zvj roms? Cuz then there's not really any point in getting the zvj radio on our phones. Or is there another reason we should want this radio?
    Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio.

True! Maybe I should try it. Ahhh man that was awesome. fully functional zvj rom on the optimus v. oh for mms, I think it can be fixed pretty easy. Not sure though. Could you try Wraith? in your stock rom, go to phone and dial the ##data# and then there should be one like mmsc or something like that...? it gives you an option to change them. I think that could get mms working if you set it up to be vm.
    That may work to get outgoing mms to work but it won't help at all to get mms receive
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-25-2012 06:54 AM
    LGNPST wont show it even if it is there, what you MUST do is read with LGNPST and then read with DFS from the unbrick optimus v with optimus s firmware guide.
    Read what asadullah said before me^^^
    Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 06:56 AM
    What happens when you run lgnpst and then try dfs remember that it might not be profile 0 it might be one two or three? If you have confusion about that then watch this video.

Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio.

That may work to get outgoing mms to work but it won't help at all to get mms receive
    I packaged a flashable zip with it in there...
    I made it for use with jellybean, but it can be used with any Optimus S Rom (ZVD, ZVH, AND ZVJ!) On the Optimus V. It doesn't fix MMS, just everything else, including the button swap.
    Now if only I can figure out how to make a flashable MMS fix.. then we'd have a 1 step flashable porting patch for ALL Optimus S roms to work on the Optimus V.

JellyBean Super Fix for the LG Optimus V!
    ------Installation---(Must have ROM ZVJ WIP CyanogenMod 10 installed FIRST!)---
    -wipe cache
    -wipe dalvik-cache
    -disable signature verification
    -flash as you would with everything else

Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
    The official CM10 Boot animation (Thanks Nate456 for providing the link!)
    LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
    Enjoy!!
    JellyBean Super fix.zip (1.51 MB) Flashable zip!

andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-25-2012 06:59 AM

Where is this at? It might be helpful in other areas as well as letting someone flash the stock gingerbread rom without having to flash the sprint radio
    The sprint radio is not what's causing us to lose data.....I think it's letting that sprint program run on the boot after flashing the PRL. I pressed menu key (the key that looks like the home key) and press skip...

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 07:01 AM
    I packaged a flashable zip with it in there...
    I made it for use with jellybean, but it can be used with any Optimus S Rom (ZVD, ZVH, AND ZVJ!) On the Optimus V. It doesn't fix MMS, just everything else, including the button swap.

This^^^^^ if this was made a day before this guide..............this would not exist.

Sent from my Optimus M
    thewraith420 likes this.
    07-25-2012 07:08 AM
    This^^^^^ if this was made a day before this guide..............this would not exist.

Sent from my Optimus M
    Lol, I'm sorry for making this a little too late
    If it wasnt for your guide, I wouldn't have tried to find a shortcut.
    So if your guide never existed, neither would my flashable zip. PARADOX!
    All we need to do, is find a way to make an MMS fix, flashable.
    Then I can incorporate it into my zip, and we'd have a 1 step flashing porting zip for all Optimus S roms for the V.

07-25-2012 07:13 AM
    I've been trying to do this since our zv9 update came out lol I'm pretty sure my reception has improved since flashing zvj. So I might be the only one but I'm glad you did this guide.

Tapatalk in it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    07-25-2012 07:24 AM
    Then I can incorporate it into my zip, and we'd have a 1 step flashing porting zip for all Optimus S roms for the V.

Yea but my guide is way too complicated, unless thewraith420 can put in more detail to getting the AAA/HA keys and including a download link to DFS in a single post so I can quote it after saying "To fix data:"

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 07:26 AM
    Yea but my guide is way too complicated, unless thewraith420 can put in more detail to getting the AAA/HA keys and including a download link to DFS in a single post so I can quote it after saying "To fix data:"

Sent from my Optimus M
    I might be able to do that... Probably not today tho. And I just used the dfs from Phatninja55's unbrick guide

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    07-25-2012 07:31 AM
    I might be able to do that... Probably not today tho. And I just used the dfs from Phatninja55's unbrick guide

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    I know, but that's like another 100 MBs and some people have DSL....I have cable

I love your signature btw

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 07:36 AM

How good are you with java and smali?
    07-25-2012 07:47 AM
    How good are you with java and smali?
    I know he's good with it.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 08:04 AM
    Updated OP. LGNPST does backup and restore AAA/HA keys

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 08:49 AM

hmmm. okay. Would changing the apn settings work for both incoming and outgoing???
    07-25-2012 09:30 AM
    The sprint radio is not what's causing us to lose data.....I think it's letting that sprint program run on the boot after flashing the PRL. I pressed menu key (the key that looks like the home key) and press skip...

Sent from my Optimus M
    I don't know Sammyz....I was pretty sure it was the sprint radio too. but I had skipped that program but I still lost data.
    07-25-2012 09:52 AM
    I don't know Sammyz....I was pretty sure it was the sprint radio too. but I had skipped that program but I still lost data.
    Try flashing the nvs while in regular mode again, then try again from recovery

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 10:00 AM
    what do you mean, regular mode? while booted? and then try it from the stock recovery?
    07-25-2012 10:06 AM
    what do you mean, regular mode? while booted? and then try it from the stock recovery?
    Yes and yes, I think if you guys tried flashing the nvs a couple of times it will stay.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 10:17 AM
    If that doesn't work, change it to unknown how asadullah said and then flash nvs.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 10:18 AM
470 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD