01-17-2014 03:43 PM
470 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    you should post how to get data working in the op. Just tell everyone exactly what wraith did to get it.
    07-25-2012 11:22 AM
    you should post how to get data working in the op. Just tell everyone exactly what wraith did to get it.
    He didn't post very detailed instructions. He said he would later.I need dl link to just DFS and more detailed instructions on how to get it working.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 11:24 AM
    I thought they were pretty straightforward. Here's the DFS dl. You want 4.0.0.4. Unrar, and install.

His method basically consisted of this:

do your method of recovery nvs.
    then install anycut.
    Use anycut to navigate to create a shortcut to cdg2 data settings.
    open that shortcut and select undefined rather than sprint.
    Use dfs
    to use dfs, have your phone on and plugged in. there'll be a box with 6 0's in it. to the left of it is spc. replace the 0's with your spc and then click spc. dfs will read your phone. immediately underneath where you entered the spc, there is a programming tab. click that. then click the mobile ip tab. on the left hand side at the bottom, click READ. select the first profile. Edit the first box to be MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. (replace MEID with your personal MEID. Can be found underneath battery if you don't know it.) All of the addresses should be 0.0.0.0. Now enter your HEX's. make sure to uncheck the boxes before you enter anything in them.
    Second profile should be set up exactly the same way. the third profile should be set up the exact same way as well, but make sure to swich the <mdata> part with 'prov'.
    Now click write! after this, let it reboot and on the left hand side, click read again to make sure the mobile ip profiles stuck.
    Now click the data tab which is right next to the mobile ip tab.
    In the HDR AN and HDR AN LONG sections, you should see MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. underneath those, you should see pwd boxes. paste your AAA keys in there.
    Then reboot and you should have data.
    sammyz and thewraith420 like this.
    07-25-2012 11:48 AM
    Where do you get anycut?

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 11:56 AM
    07-25-2012 11:58 AM
    I like mediafire links, you need an account for 4shared....

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 12:01 PM
    I thought they were pretty straightforward. Here's the DFS dl. You want 4.0.0.4. Unrar, and install.

His method basically consisted of this:

do your method of recovery nvs.
    then install anycut.
    Use anycut to navigate to create a shortcut to cdg2 data settings.
    open that shortcut and select undefined rather than sprint.
    Use dfs
    to use dfs, have your phone on and plugged in. there'll be a box with 6 0's in it. to the left of it is spc. replace the 0's with your spc and then click spc. dfs will read your phone. immediately underneath where you entered the spc, there is a programming tab. click that. then click the mobile ip tab. on the left hand side at the bottom, click READ. select the first profile. Edit the first box to be MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. (replace MEID with your personal MEID. Can be found underneath battery if you don't know it.) All of the addresses should be 0.0.0.0. Now enter your HEX's. make sure to uncheck the boxes before you enter anything in them.
    Second profile should be set up exactly the same way. the third profile should be set up the exact same way as well, but make sure to swich the <mdata> part with 'prov'.
    Now click write! after this, let it reboot and on the left hand side, click read again to make sure the mobile ip profiles stuck.
    Now click the data tab which is right next to the mobile ip tab.
    In the HDR AN and HDR AN LONG sections, you should see MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. underneath those, you should see pwd boxes. paste your AAA keys in there.
    Then reboot and you should have data.
    I think if we did all the stuff with anycut and then restored nvs, it would work fine. What do you think?

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 12:09 PM
    You might be right, but i'm not sure if you can change the hdr an and hdr an long sections with anycut. I have no idea, I haven't tried. Also, with mediafire, I've always had to have an account on there too. :P but let me post it up.
    07-25-2012 12:19 PM
    07-25-2012 12:19 PM
    You might be right, but i'm not sure if you can change the hdr an and hdr an long sections with anycut. I have no idea, I haven't tried. Also, with mediafire, I've always had to have an account on there too. :P but let me post it up.
    I'm gonna see if Phatninja55 can try this.

Sent from my Optimus M
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-25-2012 12:26 PM
    Is there a way to change how the play store sees your device? now every time i go to the play store I can't dl certain apps that I could on vm670. such as youtube. or netflix.
    07-25-2012 12:30 PM
    I think if we did all the stuff with anycut and then restored nvs, it would work fine. What do you think?

Sent from my Optimus M
    I tried that before I actually got it working with no luck it actually undid what anycut fixed so I just wound up with Sprint stuff still I have an idea to try tho

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom
    07-25-2012 12:35 PM
    what is it?? you've had good ideas in the past.
    07-25-2012 12:38 PM
    Ermmm. What about that thread Jerryscript made. ' Porting ZVJ gingerbread to V ' or something like that.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 01:12 PM
    find it and post it.
    07-25-2012 01:15 PM
    Ermmm. What about that thread Jerryscript made. ' Porting ZVJ gingerbread to V ' or something like that.

I've got a simpler 1 step flash fix for any and all Optimus S roms to work on the V(still working on a flashable MMS fix to go with it).. Sammyz guide is for the more advance users that prefer to be on the bleeding edge of complexity.
    07-25-2012 01:18 PM
    Doing the zvj switch could possibly get better coverage. But I doubt that small amount of coverage is worth the headache of going through this process.
    07-25-2012 01:27 PM
    I've got a simpler 1 step flash fix for any and all Optimus S roms to work on the V(still working on a flashable MMS fix to go with it).. Sammyz guide is for the more advance users that prefer to be on the bleeding edge of complexity.
    LMAO!

Here's how to get mms working. You can probably take the mms config.xml add it to the mms.apk and have mms send working right away.
    07-25-2012 02:11 PM

Bump it up!

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 03:11 PM
    LMAO!

Here's how to get mms working. You can probably take the mms config.xml add it to the mms.apk and have mms send working right away.
    Sorry for asking the following, but would there be any possible way that you could provide the edited files, (that could be used on ANY Rom[Universal]) so i can add them to my flashable zip?
    or would they need to be ROM specific???
    or do you think i can just pull MMS.apk from an Optimus V rom, and include that to fix MMS??
    07-25-2012 03:32 PM
    Sorry for asking the following, but would there be any possible way that you could provide the edited files, (that could be used on ANY Rom[Universal]) so i can add them to my flashable zip?
    LeslieAnn has said before it is rom specific, and some roms will never have mms working it's due to VM's complex and highly sophisticated MMS programming ................

Sent from my Optimus M
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 03:35 PM
    OP updated, added nitestalkr's thread for newbies to follow.

Sent from my Optimus M
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 03:41 PM
    or do you think i can just pull MMS.apk from an Optimus V rom, and include that to fix MMS??
    It's ROM specific. But if your good with java and smali it shouldn't be a problem
    07-25-2012 03:54 PM
    It's ROM specific. But if your good with java and smali it shouldn't be a problem
    Aww damn, thanks though.
    I'll just have to include the MMS fix guide in my 1 step flashable porting guide.
    07-25-2012 04:15 PM
    what if your like me and wanna be cool running the stock ZVJ rom? rooted of course i want data and mms thou c:
    07-25-2012 05:21 PM
470 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD