[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Metro, Sprint, all that stuff. They don't exactly have an activate app. The problem is stock in my opinion. Back when I flashed Optimud S stock roms, I had to usr activate to get data back.

Sammyz, do you have a VM.bin file? My idea is to flash it in Emergency mode along with VM670.dll

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

Yea, what's wong with your phone? Besides data?? Did you try the unbrick guide? I wanted to know if people could use that before I go handing out bins....

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Alright just to clarify I don't mean install the activate apk on the gingerbread rom. What I mean is if you flashed zvj without backing up you aaa password. Downgrade to zv5 or zv4 and run the activate apk then get your aaa password.

For anycut open it up select new shortcut, activity,cdg2. It will put a shortcut called cdg2 on your home screen. Select the cdg2 shortcut it will open up with several selections pick data then ppp carrier. Check undetermined then the backspace key and your phone will reboot. After that you won't have anyproblem changing the profiles

Reactions: sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Alright just to clarify I don't mean install the activate apk on the gingerbread rom. What I mean is if you flashed zvj without backing up you aaa password. Downgrade to zv5 or zv4 and run the activate apk then get your aaa password.

For anycut open it up select new shortcut, activity,cdg2. It will put a shortcut called cdg2 on your home screen. Select the cdg2 shortcut it will open up with several selections pick data then ppp carrier. Check undetermined then the backspace key and your phone will reboot. After that you won't have anyproblem changing the profiles

Will this work to get you data on ZVD/J???

@andrewnelson, yes I've always had the bin, I can't repackage the firmware without the bin extracted xD, and I already have it uploaded due to the old method I made of unbricking, which caused some people to lose AAA/HA keys......which is why I went and got it working with KP500...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Can someone test this and report back? haha I'm already fully on zv9 quattrimus. Does it get data working again?? I don't know...I got my profiles to change last night. The problem I ran into was everytime I would try and change the UM user-id for ppp config, it would revert.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

@andrewnelson, yes I've always had the bin, I can't repackage the firmware without the bin extracted xD, and I already have it uploaded due to the old method I made of unbricking, which caused some people to lose AAA/HA keys......which is why I went and got it working with KP500...

Theoretically, if I used LGNPST to flash both the vm670.bin and the vm670.dll, I would end up with a completely Optimus V phone, right? And then I could just click restore .nvs? And then everything would work, right. And if the data didn't work I could just fix that by editing in dfs.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Theoretically, if I used LGNPST to flash both the vm670.bin and the vm670.dll, I would end up with a completely Optimus V phone, right? And then I could just click restore .nvs? And then everything would work, right. And if the data didn't work I could just fix that by editing in dfs.

Yup, but try my unbrick guide to just flash to ZV5....all I have uploaded are ZV4 and ZV5 bins anyways......ZV9 bin does not exist....due to the file format of the update.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Don't know about zvd not gonna find out.

about mms
I was looking at the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali of both the virgin mobile 2.2.2 update and the sprint zvj update.there's alot of difference. What I do is open both up in notepad++ and run the plugin compare. It will show all the differences in the two files making it easier but it's not as easy as cm7 or cm9

Reactions: lattimorej1986

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

For mms, could you just have a working fix of using some apn manager(I noticed that anycut app could even change apn's and stuff)?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Yup, but try my unbrick guide to just flash to ZV5....all I have uploaded are ZV4 and ZV5 bins anyways......ZV9 bin does not exist....due to the file format of the update.

That's fine! I could switch to zv5 and just apply the update in order to get zv9.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think our problem is libs.....I'm running 3G on my OV just fine....

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

I'm talking about the activate app. There are probably libs for it just like there are for the keyboard. If you don't have the libs for the keyboard, it force closes, just like the activate app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about the activate app. There are probably libs for it just like there are for the keyboard. If you don't have the libs for the keyboard, it force closes, just like the activate app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Ahhhh that makes sense, did anyone go to ZVD, root, flash harmonia and run the activate app???

Reactions: sellers86

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Ahhhh that makes sense, did anyone go to ZVD, root, flash harmonia and run the activate app???

I did but when I ran it, it disconnects and says no service.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
i just got data on zvd!!!! :D i did have to have my HA and AAA on hand.... now to calm down for a second to think about what changes actually made it work lol but for all you guys it IS possible

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

ok like everyone else i did try to restore data with my nvs file only to be greeted with the sprint setup under m.ip i tried resetting them but they kept reverting.

i took asadullah's advice and got anycut installed and made a shortcut to LG Hidden Data under activities, opened the new shortcut and went to cdg2 data settings then selected undefined rather then sprint. Now i could edit my profiles without it reverting.

after messing around for a while with dfs,qpst,and lgnpst i noticed that even if i disabled profile 0 it would get reenabled so i think it uses this one for data. i set it up with MEID@mdata.vmobl.com and made sure the HA and AAA keys stuck by rebooting and reading it again with dfs. ok it stuck but still no data

i while in dfs i decided to look at the data tab next to mobile ip, there are 2 boxes filled in with MEID@mdata.vmobl.com, HDR AN and HDR AN LONG with PWD boxes under them i noticed one of them had the old Sprint AAA key as pwd so i copied my AAA key (Not Hex) and pasted it in the PWD boxes and rebooted. BAM 3G Data came on!!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed, you can tether with ZVD stock! Wifi tether only.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully we can get this going tonight. I'm traveling for a family reuinon with no 3G/1x.

I can text, didn't test call yet. Problem is my phone is activated because its changed to LS670. I need to change it back, but there isn't a file for emergency.

The unbridled guide, I didn't try. I'm afraid it'll mess up the service permanently.

Sammyz, please. Is there a way to change it back to VM670? That's all I need. Activate open for a second and closes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca