[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

So question. The fix that zakman posted so that the jb cm10 rom would boot, would that work on any zvj roms? Cuz then there's not really any point in getting the zvj radio on our phones. Or is there another reason we should want this radio?

There are other ZVJ ROMs. I want to test those bad boys out! Just haven't had time yet.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Theres still the fact that zvj could yeild better reception just like zv9 did for some. Also the update to zvj stock rooted did not break my data :D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

True! Maybe I should try it. Ahhh man that was awesome. fully functional zvj rom on the optimus v. oh for mms, I think it can be fixed pretty easy. Not sure though. Could you try Wraith? in your stock rom, go to phone and dial the ##data# and then there should be one like mmsc or something like that...? it gives you an option to change them. I think that could get mms working if you set it up to be vm.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Did you check the place where you registered the VM670.dll? That's where I found mine, after clicking read on the phone.

Thanks to Sammyz, I have fully working 3G! You should re-word the OP. it says to delete the nvs file, then back it up

@Nate, you can still use ADB push. Maybe it'll work.... :D?

Btw, I'm back on stock ZV5.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Taha had already flashed the firmware. Thus He/She was asking about how to get Data.

@Taha, I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT IT! Do You Have Reception atleast!??!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Changing out those .so files won't fix those, then? That's my main point. Would those roms work if we used zakman's fix?

I've included the fix for data in a flashable zip, along with the key swap fix, and the CM10 Boot animation, if you want to try out your theory.
Just go over to the JellyBean thread and flash it on top of any ZVJ Optimus S ROM, and it should become fully functional on the Optimus V, without having to put the ZVJ firmware on the V. Plus, in native ZVJ, hardware acceleration is broken, but in native ZVD, it is not. (Netflix dev provided this information, which is why sync is broken in all GB ROMs, ICS ROMs, and probably JB ROMs since they are ported/built on ZVJ, and then to ZVD, and the Netflix app devs refuse to fix this issue)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
True! Maybe I should try it. Ahhh man that was awesome. fully functional zvj rom on the optimus v. oh for mms, I think it can be fixed pretty easy. Not sure though. Could you try Wraith? in your stock rom, go to phone and dial the ##data# and then there should be one like mmsc or something like that...? it gives you an option to change them. I think that could get mms working if you set it up to be vm.

The key combo works but what would the proper setting be for vm?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The key combo works but what would the proper setting be for vm?

I'll flash to stock V so I can answer your question.
Cant access the ##DATA# menu on Stock OV zv4.
Any ideas on how to get the necessary settings?

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

taha1112

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't get one until I completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of the lgnpst stuff. then you have to make sure and register them. Are they registered?

they were registered, i dont have data since i did a restore 2 weeks ago, and didnt backup nvs files, lgnpst doesn't show any aaa/ha keys when i press read now :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1