[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought they were pretty straightforward. Here's the DFS dl. You want 4.0.0.4. Unrar, and install.

His method basically consisted of this:

do your method of recovery nvs.
then install anycut.
Use anycut to navigate to create a shortcut to cdg2 data settings.
open that shortcut and select undefined rather than sprint.
Use dfs
to use dfs, have your phone on and plugged in. there'll be a box with 6 0's in it. to the left of it is spc. replace the 0's with your spc and then click spc. dfs will read your phone. immediately underneath where you entered the spc, there is a programming tab. click that. then click the mobile ip tab. on the left hand side at the bottom, click READ. select the first profile. Edit the first box to be MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. (replace MEID with your personal MEID. Can be found underneath battery if you don't know it.) All of the addresses should be 0.0.0.0. Now enter your HEX's. make sure to uncheck the boxes before you enter anything in them.
Second profile should be set up exactly the same way. the third profile should be set up the exact same way as well, but make sure to swich the <mdata> part with 'prov'.
Now click write! after this, let it reboot and on the left hand side, click read again to make sure the mobile ip profiles stuck.
Now click the data tab which is right next to the mobile ip tab.
In the HDR AN and HDR AN LONG sections, you should see MEID@mdata.vmobl.com. underneath those, you should see pwd boxes. paste your AAA keys in there.
Then reboot and you should have data.

Thanks! I couldn't have said it better.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

Updated OP with andrew nelson's instructions to get data working, also linked the thread that says how to get AAA/HA keys.

I will work on the instructions more when I have time and make it more organized and pretty ;)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

for getting the AAA/HA keys, you should move that link to the beginning of the op so people don't think they can just read them after doing everything. These need to be read in dfs BEFORE doing this entire process.

And has anyone else done this method of getting the data back? I might try it out again. now that I have everything set up, it should be a lot faster.

Reactions: sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Actually you don't lose them. LGNPST actually does backup and restore them...ThatGuyLurkin "showed" me. I was helping him with teamviewer...

Reactions: andrewnelson23

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Why didn't they restore for me? and what's the point in putting up my post of Wraith's fix for data if lgnpst backs up and restores the data? :p

Last edited:

taha1112

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

well I just got a phone call from vm to confirm my home address, they are going to send me a replacement phone LOL, thanks for everything guys, but im giving this phone to my mom and prolly just gonna roll with stock, back to MT4G for me

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually you don't lose them. LGNPST actually does backup and restore them...ThatGuyLurkin "showed" me. I was helping him with teamviewer...

I'd still recommend writing them down manually... Made me feel safer messing with this stuff.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone else successfully made it over to fully functional zvj? Just wondering

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone else successfully made it over to fully functional zvj? Just wondering

Phatninja55 has, or I know he made it to ZVD and got data working, not sure if he put ZVJ on it yet ....

Sent from my Optimus M

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I have a loooot of time today, so I'm highly considering switching over today, but I don't know yet. Does MMS work for you, or do you have a way of getting it?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

OP finally finished :D
Thanks to Phatninja for all the pics in his (old) unbrick guide and editing it for something more useful :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid