[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You know... we should have a zvd to j patch for ppl that do this guide... with that there's no reason to go back to vm670 firmware as all the roms still work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It is and I helped with it but when he made it flashable he added the OS keypad and other files. Not needed to make all VM rooms work on zvj radio

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It is and I helped with it but when he made it flashable he added the OS keypad and other files. Not needed to make all VM rooms work on zvj radio

One with the VM670 keypad will be here later today.
The only reason I still include everything in the patch, is kind of there as an Easter egg, I'll later remove some of the things not needed, and include a scripted Easter egg.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: thewraith420

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
One with the VM670 keypad will be here later today.
The only reason I still include everything in the patch, is kind of there as an Easter egg, I'll later remove some of the things not needed, and include a scripted Easter egg.

I just added link to the patch in the OP :)

@thewraith420, I flashed my OV 3 times while in e-mode with the kdz flasher with my homemade ZV5 cab converted to kdz. Now it boots but no recovery mode at all o_O

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

@thewraith420, I flashed my OV 3 times while in e-mode with the kdz flasher with my homemade ZV5 cab converted to kdz. Now it boots but no recovery mode at all o_O

Try the good ole recovery install with terminal emulator

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

...try again with lgnpst or kp500 to get recovery back?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmm did you read from lgnpst before going to dfs to make the edit

Yep, I think that's what I was doing wrong. Got data working now!! WOOHOO! am I the only other person yet to do this besides Wraith? Now to root it, install custom recovery and restore back to my quattrimus and maybe try out hydro or something :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I think that's what I was doing wrong. Got data working now!! WOOHOO! am I the only other person yet to do this besides Wraith? Now to root it, install custom recovery and restore back to my quattrimus and maybe try out hydro or something :)

I think its me you and Sammy who have done it.... I'd guess asadullah too but he Hasn't posted about it.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, do you have root? It sounds like you need to re-root and install a recovery.

Defeats the purpose

...try again with lgnpst or kp500 to get recovery back?

also defeats the purpose.

I think its me you and Sammy who have done it.... I'd guess asadullah too but he Hasn't posted about it.

I went to ZVJ not rooted.....haven't gone to ZVJ rooted....so busy.
I still never flashed a single jellybean ROM -_-

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Defeats the purpose

also defeats the purpose.

I went to ZVJ not rooted.....haven't gone to ZVJ rooted....so busy.
I still never flashed a single jellybean ROM -_-

I haven't either dispite being able to.. I been enjoying hydro rom and jb is just too new right now

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having insane difficulties just trying to root the freaking thing on zvj. I keep getting a write: no space left on device message and then I check and still no root.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Come to think of it if your unrooted and on zvj your already to far and have to revert then run run gingerbreak and from the computer use optiauto to update and root zvj

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2