[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

Yep :D

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I don't know where that quote came from

Its ok, once when I replied and quoted someone in the quattrimus thread on AC, it posted it in a 3 year old thread in android forums, in a completely different phone sub forum.
I love tapatalks bugs xD

sent from my un-dead sammich.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
hahahah! skynet. anywayyyy.....a;sldkf;al kdjf;lakdj f;alkdsjfp oaih gfq;ldkf;oiefhpewfj ;sladkfj a;sldkfj;als dkflaskdf;las dfj;as.kd jf;askldjf ;asdk fj

!!!!!!

I tried it all over again using the zip. Didn't work! :mad: UGHHHH. gave me the same error with write: no space left on device error and then on my phone(in recovery) it says:
E:Can't find command file CACHE: recovery/command
Installation aborted. no valid image in CACHE.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
hahahah! skynet. anywayyyy.....a;sldkf;al kdjf;lakdj f;alkdsjfp oaih gfq;ldkf;oiefhpewfj ;sladkfj a;sldkfj;als dkflaskdf;las dfj;as.kd jf;askldjf ;asdk fj

!!!!!!

I tried it all over again using the zip. Didn't work! :mad: UGHHHH. gave me the same error with write: and then on my phone(in recovery) it says:
E:Can't find command file CACHE: recovery/command
Installation aborted. no valid image in CACHE.

try using a ROM with a LOT more internal space... im guessing that would help solve your issue.. considering "no space left on device error" and try using a ROM that does not use an sdext script, cause your cache folder gets moved to the sdext, and then the program "can't find" your cache directory.

if it works, then YAY!! if not.. then well.. back to square one :p

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Wraith, how big was the last update.zip that we had to run? how big was it for you anyway? Mine was only 20 MB, which seems a little off. But I don't know what else the problem could be, other than perhaps residual optimus V firmware, which I have NO idea how to fix.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm not trying to flash a rom. I'm trying to root zvj. and it keeps on giving me those freaking errors.

I know, but it's worth a shot, there isn't a cache partition(or any "partition" on internal) until there is a ROM installed AFAIK.
So try using a small ROM, and then go through the steps.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean? I don't know how I would use a rom. I have to install zvj update.zip prior to installing root, which is unrooted. so I can't use another rom.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean? I don't know how I would use a rom. I have to install zvj update.zip prior to installing root, which is unrooted. so I can't use another rom.

Use a stock-ish ZVD rom prior to flashing to ZVJ, and once your on ZVJ, it SHOULD be on stock gingerbread, then try rooting?

Just throwing out suggestions that I've come up with.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Wraith, how big was the last update.zip that we had to run? how big was it for you anyway? Mine was only 20 MB, which seems a little off. But I don't know what else the problem could be, other than perhaps residual optimus V firmware, which I have NO idea how to fix.

Yeah it's about 20 mb and it should have done away with any traces of the V firmware when you used lgnpst from e-mode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL