[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to make this easier to find. This is how I restore data and Andrew has had success with it too.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
this is what i do after writeing the .nvs file to zvd to get data back

To Restore Data on LS670 Firmware:

1: Install anycut.apk
2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined
5: Hit back and the phone will reboot
6: Open Qpst service programing and hit Load from file
7: Select the .qcn file you saved durring prep
8: Select write to phone and enter your spc
9: The phone will reboot
10: Open LGNPST and Select "Phone Setting" Enter your Spc hit ok then Read
11: Close lgnpst and open DFS and enter your Spc and click SPC
12: Click the Programing Tab then the Mobile IP TAB and click Read
13: On the first Profile Uncheck the boxes next to Enter value in HEX for both AAA Shared Secret and HA Shared Secret
14: Clear anything there and click write current profile settings
15: go to profile 3 and Uncheck the Enter Value in HEX box for AAA Shared Secret and Copy the value
16: Go To profile 2 and Paste that value into AAA Shared Secret box and Enter Vmug33k for HA shared Secret
17: Hit Write current profile settings and switch to the data tab next to mobile ip and hit read
18: under HDR AN and HDR AN Long you'll see YOURMEID@mdata.vmobl.com with PWD boxes under them
19: Paste your AAA Key that you copied earlier into both pwd boxes and hit write

Reboot Phone and you will have Data

This is a big help, anyone trying, I suggest use this to help get your data. This is thewraith420 method. I'm just copying and pasting for anyone who goes to the last reply.
I used this and it is a life(data) saver.
Again, this is not my work. Copied from an earlier post from thewraith420.

VM670 on ZVJ-running Hydro Rom

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
this is what i do after writeing the .nvs file to zvd to get data back

To Restore Data on LS670 Firmware:

1: Install anycut.apk
2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined
5: Hit back and the phone will reboot
6: Open Qpst service programing and hit Load from file
7: Select the .qcn file you saved durring prep
8: Select write to phone and enter your spc
9: The phone will reboot
10: Open LGNPST and Select "Phone Setting" Enter your Spc hit ok then Read
11: Close lgnpst and open DFS and enter your Spc and click SPC
12: Click the Programing Tab then the Mobile IP TAB and click Read
13: On the first Profile Uncheck the boxes next to Enter value in HEX for both AAA Shared Secret and HA Shared Secret
14: Clear anything there and click write current profile settings
15: go to profile 3 and Uncheck the Enter Value in HEX box for AAA Shared Secret and Copy the value
16: Go To profile 2 and Paste that value into AAA Shared Secret box and Enter Vmug33k for HA shared Secret
17: Hit Write current profile settings and switch to the data tab next to mobile ip and hit read
18: under HDR AN and HDR AN Long you'll see YOURMEID@mdata.vmobl.com with PWD boxes under them
19: Paste your AAA Key that you copied earlier into both pwd boxes and hit write

Reboot Phone and you will have Data

This is a big help, anyone trying, I suggest use this to help get your data. This is thewraith420 method. I'm just copying and pasting for anyone who goes to the last reply.
I used this and it is a life(data) saver.
Again, this is not my work. Copied from an earlier post from thewraith420.

Thanks, I planned on reposting that anyways. You saved me having to find it again

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running MiRaGe Cm7 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It was my pleasure. Besides, I couldn't leave out the missing piece to the puzzle.
Thanks to thewraith420

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
When school is over, I will be a flashaholic, testing more stuff, porting more ROMs...etc. My optimus V is forever stuck on optimus u firmware. My optimus S running v firmware has reboot problems....but it seems to reboot less the longer you use a Rom (and not change it).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
When school is over, I will be a flashaholic, testing more stuff, porting more ROMs...etc. My optimus V is forever stuck on optimus u firmware. My optimus S running v firmware has reboot problems....but it seems to reboot less the longer you use a Rom (and not change it).

I was surprised to see your v working at all knowing what bricked it, LGNPST still won't take it back to zv5 huh?

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running JB 4.1.2 SlimRom with ZVJ radio on my Optimus V. Amazing! Thanks to thewraith, sammy and everyone else who made it possible!

amasga

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The LGNPST is finally done downloading. It's v1.2..... could this version work? I had used LGNPST 2.2.3 but uninstalled it. I could try that as well.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The LGNPST is finally done downloading. It's v1.2..... could this version work? I had used LGNPST 2.2.3 but uninstalled it. I could try that as well.

I've only used 1.3. Just make sure you don't miss the part in the guide where you get the nvs file. It's critical. I'd also recommend using qpst to make a qcn backup

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if I might call up an old demon named sammyz through some voodoo rituals to help get Kit Kat up and running. We've got a flashable bootable zip and we're on alpha 5 (maybe 6 or 7 by the time you read this). I'm kind of in charge of getting the radio up and running, since I'm one of the few with an activated phone.
I'm a bit in over my head here.

I'd love for you to hop in an give us some sage advice
We're over here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/331332-4-4-kitkat-12.html

Thanks man!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's probably going to have to be fixed at a source level level. TheKraven is still active and probably our best hope to fix the radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
the sprint firmware conversion probably helps too, the VM MMS is weirdly structured compared to Sprint... and the /system partition is a few MB bigger in the S firmware.
I may well convert one of my two dev phones to ZVJ just to add another test factor. I can only swap phones on my active account once every 24 hours, though. the system locks out anything quicker (I had to call custy service and get transferred to tech support one day when I learned the hard way.)
Maybe the ril in the kernel needs backported from 3.4 but I hope not. Maybe somebody can post over in the kitkat thread what other msm7627 (cdma... the msm7227 in the p500 etc is gsm, or I'd say 7x27 instead of being specific) devices have gotten 4.4 with functional mobile data so we can all go at picking them apart? I think the mako is cmda and lg, even if it's got a more hopped-up chipset, so maybe something there to work with.
It's probably going to have to be fixed at a source level level. TheKraven is still active and probably our best hope to fix the radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
for thekraven to really rock it, someone would have to donate him an S or V with service. He's good, and really cool for still working on our obsolete devices, but his hardware and service have moved on to bigger and better things. the OV itself is down to $25 shipped on ebay, clean esn and all.

Last edited: