08-01-2012 09:40 PM
27 12
tools
    There's been reports of 64GB microSDXC cards working on the LG Optimus One, Galaxy S2 the sensation, ZTE Blade, and galaxy note, along with several other phones that only OFFICIALLY support up to 32GB.

You just need to reformat the 64GB microSDXC card to fat32, or ext4.
    This is good to know... I was just searching for info on this possibility, and you provided the answer. I imagine that the kernel needs changing too to be able to r/w to the SDXC format?
    08-01-2012 09:32 PM
    This is good to know... I was just searching for info on this possibility, and you provided the answer. I imagine that the kernel needs changing too to be able to r/w to the SDXC format?
    Yea, kernels can be edited to support the native SDXC format, but for now, fat32 is the only known workable format for all kernels. Some support NTFS. The ONLY issue with fat32, is it can't read files over the size of 4GB, which shouldn't be an issue, unless you are trying to watch a full uncompressed HD movie, which is illogical on the Optimus V anyway.

Just because something officially supports one thing, does not mean that greater things won't function properly.
    LG Optimus V only OFFICIALLY supports up to android 2.2.2, yet, we can run android 4.1.x, and most likely will continue to be able to run future builds, as long as we have great devs.

And when the next size in microSD cards come out(128GB-180GB+), they will most likely be able to work on the V as well, as long as they are formatted to fat32.

If there is ever a 2TB microSD, you can expect me saving up to purchase one, and using it with my Optimus V, even though that would be the MOST ridiculous thing ever. xD
    tli likes this.
    08-01-2012 09:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD