APKtool

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-25-2012 05:50 PM
    aaaaaaaand thats a windws program... crap

i have a mac
    07-25-2012 05:53 PM
    i just flashed it and.. i have data
    07-25-2012 06:27 PM
    I'm sorry, I should have posted in the other thread, was talking about getting the MMS fixed in your Jellybean ZIP.
    07-25-2012 06:31 PM
    huh^ xD
    07-25-2012 06:36 PM
    The zip didn't fix my MMS. But I didn't try the thing in the link.

I tried sending myself a pic and after a while it still said 'sending' on JB
    edit: I just remembered xD MMS doesn't work in JB yet.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 06:45 PM
    yessir.
    I'm still seeing if any extra files need to be added to get data working on GB, but it seems to work on ICS and JB as is.
    Actually. The 3G isn't there because the phone became unactivated. We need to see what the activate app does to apply it to GB. :/

I flashed back to ZV5, thanks to Sammyz, and I had to reactivate the phone. That's all that's missing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 07:49 PM
    Actually. The 3G isn't there because the phone became unactivated. We need to see what the activate app does to apply it to GB. :/

I flashed back to ZV5, thanks to Sammyz, and I had to reactivate the phone. That's all that's missing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    So on GB Optimus S roms, just reactivate, and data works??
    I'll add that tto my guide in the OP

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-25-2012 08:28 PM
    I'm sorry, I should have posted in the other thread, was talking about getting the MMS fixed in your Jellybean ZIP.
    Yea, MMS is natively broken in Jelly Bean.
    I'm still going to try to get it to work.

Badboytoast and inceyet like this.
    07-25-2012 08:29 PM
    huh^ xD
    Yup, thanks to my packaged zip, Jelly Bean for the Optimus S is ported in one flash.

07-25-2012 08:32 PM
    So on GB Optimus S roms, just reactivate, and data works??
    I'll add that tto my guide in the OP

How do you reactivate it?
    07-25-2012 08:33 PM
    How do you reactivate it?
    That's what I'm asking lol

07-25-2012 08:44 PM
    The activate app. which only works in froyo

question. if you reactivate, do you have to upgrade your plan? I'm on 25/month and don't wanna go up to 35/month...
    07-25-2012 08:48 PM
    Nitestalkr, on your fix zip, could you edit the build.prop fixes that clodfeterac put on the other thread that changes how the play store sees your device?
    07-25-2012 08:50 PM
    The activate app. which only works in froyo

question. if you reactivate, do you have to upgrade your plan? I'm on 25/month and don't wanna go up to 35/month...
    Your plan wont change.
    Its only changes if you're swapping to the newer phones, you can actually swap to a replacement Optimus V, and keep you're 25$ plan.(I've tested this with my V that has a broken screen... I was without a functional phone for 48 hours cause the screen doesn't work lol, But, I did root it while its like that xD)

07-25-2012 08:53 PM
    Nitestalkr, on your fix zip, could you edit the build.prop fixes that clodfeterac put on the other thread that changes how the play store sees your device?
    Edits to build.prop's are ROM specific, so I can't.

07-25-2012 08:54 PM
    ohhhh. okay. I'll ask cole to post that in the op of the cm10 thread.
    07-25-2012 08:56 PM
    ohhhh. okay. I'll ask cole to post that in the op of the cm10 thread.
    Ill do it to the second post he made for me
    And, since my fix there is rom specific, I can add that to it when I get the chance.

07-25-2012 08:57 PM
    Edits to build.prop's are ROM specific, so I can't.
    this seems universal...
    Code:
    ro.product.model=LG-VM670
    the other two were rom specific... ;-)
    07-25-2012 09:01 PM
    That's the thing we don't know. I once tried to get it working when I was a noob, so I basically just flashed. Had no service. Here, you got service going, but no data. What we need to get working is data. What I wonder is what theWraith did. He said he had data from the DFS, or LG thing. I forgot. But, what he did seemed to work, as I never really paid any attention.

The phone must be semi-activated though since you can text and call..... What if one of us call VM and say stuff like Activate isn't working. Will they activate it for us? o_O
    07-25-2012 09:02 PM
    I doubt it. It's weird that gingerbread roms don't let data work. It shouldn't have messed with the data or mobile ip settings. You can try it though. Sammyz put what Wraith did on the op of his zvj thread. I highly doubt that's what changed though...

and I wouldnt count on it. It's virgin Mobile.
    07-25-2012 09:09 PM
    this seems universal...
    Code:
    ro.product.model=LG-VM670
    the other two were rom specific... ;-)
    If I do a single edit to a build.prop, any rom that has extra things in em that others don't, some things can be broken.

If I knew how to write scripts that can add to the build.prop, rather than overwriting it, then I'd have a lot more stuff added to the patch.
    Till then, its ROM specific.

07-25-2012 09:11 PM
    That's the thing we don't know. I once tried to get it working when I was a noob, so I basically just flashed. Had no service. Here, you got service going, but no data. What we need to get working is data. What I wonder is what theWraith did. He said he had data from the DFS, or LG thing. I forgot. But, what he did seemed to work, as I never really paid any attention.

The phone must be semi-activated though since you can text and call..... What if one of us call VM and say stuff like Activate isn't working. Will they activate it for us? o_O
    I'm not sure..
    I don't recommend trying to call em though..
    I wonder if putting the activation app on a S rom would do anything..

07-25-2012 09:15 PM
    That's useless, yes. I remember trying Your Mom Rom and I did that. I spam clicked it and had 3g for 5-10 seconds. Again, back when I was a noob.
    07-25-2012 09:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure the usb storage is a build.prop thing as well, in your jellybean fix, could you see if changing the build.prop to the build.prop usb settings from ics would work??

Code:
    #USB for ICS
    #etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh
    persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
    #persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-25-2012 09:24 PM
249 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD