08-22-2012 08:30 PM
249 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Dumb ? Just wanna know if I flash to zvj, then I'd have to reflash back to zvd to use ov roms, or do I just have to flash zvj and that's it. Very nice work btw

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    If you flash an Optimus S ZVJ rom, flash the corresponding patch, you wont need to repatch to flash to any other Optimus V rom. But if you're flashing an Optimus S ZVD rom, you'd need that corresponding patch.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    jaredw444 likes this.
    07-29-2012 03:40 AM
    Keeps saying installation aborted download its three different times says it every time.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    Which patch? One requires to be on ZVJ firmware using Sammyz guide.

07-29-2012 03:41 AM
    Running hydro rom, no data o well. Why cant vm look this good

Another dumb ? Would this patch give better reception or no, or do I still connect to vm and not sprint

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-29-2012 05:11 AM
    Running hydro rom, no data o well. Why cant vm look this good

Another dumb ? Would this patch give better reception or no, or do I still connect to vm and not sprint

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    You're still using virgin mobile service, this doesn't enhance reception, and data is known to be bonkers on Optimus S GB roms with this patch. But data works perfectly fine with ICS and jellybean optimus S roms.

07-29-2012 05:30 AM
    You're still using virgin mobile service, this doesn't enhance reception, and data is known to be bonkers on Optimus S GB roms with this patch. But data works perfectly fine with ICS and jellybean optimus S roms.

I figured just hopefull thinking, thanks again for patch, ( you might wanna hide my ole lady might be looking for you for opening a whole new world to flash)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-29-2012 08:17 AM
    Thanks for your work. Running Hydrorom on my V data works fine. Will try MMS later.
    07-29-2012 09:56 AM
    Which patch? One requires to be on ZVJ firmware using Sammyz guide.

The first patch?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 10:01 AM
    Any reason why when I flash it, my recovery goes

Opening update package.....
    Installing update...
    Opening update package....

*panic reboots into recovery*

I'm using Xionia. I'm gonna try a different recovery now.

Edit: Its nnot my recovery. I downloaded 3 times, tried each of the 3. No go.

Also. I flashed Hydro Rom and booted. I then flashed Harmonia and noticed I didn't have to wipe when I normally would. I had 3G.... o_O

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-29-2012 01:36 PM
    Any reason why when I flash it, my recovery goes

Opening update package.....
    Installing update...
    Opening update package....

*panic reboots into recovery*

I'm using Xionia. I'm gonna try a different recovery now.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
    That happened to me too /:
    07-29-2012 01:45 PM
    That happened to me too /:
    I'll look into it later today..
    Family is coming over.. -.-

07-29-2012 04:14 PM
    Its happened on BobZ recovery and Xionia. Broken zip is what I think the problem is.
    07-29-2012 06:30 PM
    Its happened on BobZ recovery and Xionia. Broken zip is what I think the problem is.
    I haven't run into this issue.. I will reflash it now to see if I run into this too.. if I do, I'll figure it out, fix it, and reupload.

07-29-2012 08:52 PM
    Hydro Rom, running pretty sharp. I might cconsider asking to make it edited and smoothed out.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-29-2012 09:05 PM
    Hydro running fine on my V except for mms.
    07-29-2012 09:07 PM
    Hydro Rom, running pretty sharp. I might cconsider asking to make it edited and smoothed out.

How'd you get it to work for you?
    07-29-2012 09:37 PM
    Well shoot... it is broken, and now even when i try to flash the original patch i made, i dont get any service.... I'm looking into it as we speak.

I managed to some how get data working on GB roms now...
    Going to rebuild my patch, and upload it.
    Having issues with the market though.. and the sms app got deleted for some reason..
    Fix one thing, 2 things break... i just ABSOLUTELY LOVE playing this game.... >.>
    07-29-2012 10:16 PM
    How'd you get it to work for you?

Well shoot... it is broken, and now even when i try to flash the original patch i made, i dont get any service.... I'm looking into it as we speak.

I managed to some how get data working on GB roms now...
    Going to rebuild my patch, and upload it.
    Having issues with the market though.. and the sms app got deleted for some reason..
    Fix one thing, 2 things break... i just ABSOLUTELY LOVE playing this game.... >.>
    I got it working by install Hydro Rom, booted.

Connected to wifi, downloaded Solid Explorer and replaced files from the zip and set permissions. And there we go.

MMS im going to experiment with, and Nitestalkr, the MMS.apk, wheres it from? Its not compatiable with GB roms. Is it a ice cream sandwich MMS.apk?

07-29-2012 10:46 PM
    I got it working by install Hydro Rom, booted.

Connected to wifi, downloaded Solid Explorer and replaced files from the zip and set permissions. And there we go.

MMS im going to experiment with, and Nitestalkr, the MMS.apk, wheres it from? Its not compatiable with GB roms. Is it a ice cream sandwich MMS.apk?

The mms.apk is from ICS.
    Do you think if I used one from a GB rom, that it would also be compatible with ics? Or no?
    EDIT:
    I managed to get data working upon flashing, kinda. Its here and there, it works, then it doesn't. But its better than no data for now. Going ti continue trying to get it working.
    EDIT:
    Managed to fix the "no service" type errors that some people might have experienced, it now displays that it is connected to 3G, but when trying to use things that require data, it says no connection.. SMS is fixed again, still working on completely fixing 3G/mobile data.

07-29-2012 11:04 PM
    The mms.apk is from ICS.
    Do you think if I used one from a GB rom, that it would also be compatible with ics? Or no?
    EDIT:
    I managed to get data working upon flashing, kinda. Its here and there, it works, then it doesn't. But its better than no data for now. Going ti continue trying to get it working.
    EDIT:
    Managed to fix the "no service" type errors that some people might have experienced, it now displays that it is connected to 3G, but when trying to use things that require data, it says no connection.. SMS is fixed again, still working on completely fixing 3G/mobile data.

If you're going to want to fix mms for GB and ICS then you're going to need to make 2 seperate zips. GB MMS doesn't work ln ICS and vice versa.
    07-29-2012 11:29 PM
    If you're going to want to fix mms for GB and ICS then you're going to need to make 2 seperate zips. GB MMS doesn't work ln ICS and vice versa.
    well also, the MMS.apk doesn't really fix mms..
    i thought it would, but it doesn't. idk why i left it in there.
    07-29-2012 11:41 PM
    Or maybe remove MMS.apk from zip entirely.

07-30-2012 12:11 AM
    Or maybe remove MMS.apk from zip entirely.

that's what im doing and also adding a combination of Optimus S and Optimus V RIL files.. i found that some Optimus S ones are needed for data, and Optimus V are needed for calling and sms

It has to be a specific magic combination of Optimus S and Optimus V files, to work with GB roms.. but every other rom, all Optimus V files works fine as is.
    07-30-2012 12:26 AM
    On Hydro rom, I have better reception meaning more stable connection. Im liking this. Gonna flash Mirage Kernel though. Hysro Kernel hates me. Sometimes the phone locks up and doesnt turn back on.

Edit:MRG kernel is incompatiable. Lucky I had a flashable Hydro Kernel.

07-30-2012 10:23 AM
    So hydro has reception and data now?
    07-30-2012 10:39 AM
    So hydro has reception and data now?
    Yes, just no MMS
    07-30-2012 02:56 PM
249 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD