08-22-2012 09:30 PM
249 ... 56789 ...
tools
    MMS is all i need to find a fix for.

Ifi mess with Framework, I get spammed with Phone FC. If i don't, my MMS doesn't send. :thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2012 06:57 PM
    port the CM phone files?
    07-31-2012 09:25 PM
    Ok. So I changed files that you've included into the zip, and this zip seemed to work for me perfectly.
    Which rom did you pull the libs from?
    And I'll add it to the OP.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-31-2012 10:15 PM
    You can send mms with go sms if you fill in the apns info manually.. In case anyone didn't know. Still no receiving though

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom
    07-31-2012 10:27 PM
    I used the libs from your old patch that wouldn't flash right. If I added the other _exp.so file, things didn't work right. So, credits to you ofc. I just fixed the zip.

I added them to a zip and flashed, and then I had data right out the box.

Working on MMS now. I was talking with Cammy and suddenly got 3 different ideas.

I also noticed that there's a CDMASMSDispatcher or whatever in the CDMA folder, and not in the Telephony folder. (If you know what I'm talking about)

If you don't, I could teach you and maybe we can help each other out?
    07-31-2012 10:39 PM
    I used the libs from your old patch that wouldn't flash right. If I added the other _exp.so file, things didn't work right. So, credits to you ofc. I just fixed the zip.

I added them to a zip and flashed, and then I had data right out the box.

Working on MMS now. I was talking with Cammy and suddenly got 3 different ideas.

I also noticed that there's a CDMASMSDispatcher or whatever in the CDMA folder, and not in the Telephony folder. (If you know what I'm talking about)

If you don't, I could teach you and maybe we can help each other out?
    I somewhat understand
    And i'm always open to ideas, and accept any and all help i can get.
    07-31-2012 10:58 PM
    GingerBread V is based on Google's code, so I'm wondering what if we decompile the Framework.jar from that rom and use CDMA_______.smali stuff to try to fix MMS. ?
    07-31-2012 11:25 PM
    GingerBread V is based on Google's code, so I'm wondering what if we decompile the Framework.jar from that rom and use CDMA_______.smali stuff to try to fix MMS. ?
    But then the patch wouldn't be "universal" for all ZVJ Roms... or am i wrong about this?
    07-31-2012 11:28 PM
    Not entirely. The second I mess with CDMA dispatcher, I get phone force close.

Modding the framework.jar from Hydro Rom, or Dante Rom, or even stock for that matter, wouldn't cause any problems that I'm aware of.

Each one of them is based on Stock ZVJ using the same Framework.jar. I'm gonna mess with the Stock ZVJ rom and see if I get Phone Force Close.
    08-01-2012 12:41 AM
    Not entirely. The second I mess with CDMA dispatcher, I get phone force close.

Modding the framework.jar from Hydro Rom, or Dante Rom, or even stock for that matter, wouldn't cause any problems that I'm aware of.

Each one of them is based on Stock ZVJ using the same Framework.jar. I'm gonna mess with the Stock ZVJ rom and see if I get Phone Force Close.
    Well as long as the patch wouldn't cause any issues with other ROMs, like cm10 ZVJ JellyBean, then I could include it into the patch.

08-01-2012 01:46 AM
    Ohh. CM9 and 10.... They will need different patches. They use different framework.jar's

08-01-2012 03:28 AM
    Ohh. CM9 and 10.... They will need different patches. They use different framework.jar's

Yea, that's what I'm trying to avoid, too many patches can cause confusion..
    I already maintain 6 different patches, 2 for the Optimus S, and 4 for the Optimus V, 2 being specific for Drew's CM10 ZVJ JellyBean ROM to be fully functional on the V (ZV4,5,9) (one with 2sd-ext scripts, one without).

08-01-2012 04:05 AM
    Its impossible to make a universal patch with my knowledge. Unless we can get one of those things were you get to pick when installing like on the HD2....

08-01-2012 05:39 AM
    Once there is a method to get MMS working tho we could bring the fix to the rom dev's attention and maybe they would keep the patch up for their rom..

08-01-2012 07:10 AM
    @thewraith, BobZhome does not like MMS fixes. Once I figured out how to implement them into ROMS so they're not another download, I told BobZhome and he didn't want to add it into his ROMs. But he did fix it in his newest build. Not with a flashable though.

Sent from my Optimus M
    08-01-2012 07:17 AM
    @thewraith, BobZhome does not like MMS fixes. Once I figured out how to implement them into ROMS so they're not another download, I told BobZhome and he didn't want to add it into his ROMs. But he did fix it in his newest build. Not with a flashable though.

Sent from my Optimus M
    Well obviously it'd be at the dev's discretion. Who knows.... Perhaps a way to integrate it Into a rom but not break the native mms already working...

08-01-2012 07:34 AM
    Will this work for Joylicious_Optimus?
    08-01-2012 09:32 AM
    We already have a joyos rom ported by the Torch.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    08-01-2012 10:06 AM
    Why does the title say ZVJ to ZVD but there is only a ZVD to ZVJ zip available to download....
    08-01-2012 11:53 AM
    Why does the title say ZVJ to ZVD but there is only a ZVD to ZVJ zip available to download....
    I see both. ....

Sent from my Optimus M
    08-01-2012 01:08 PM
    We already have a joyos rom ported by the Torch.
    I have it on good authority the Torch passed the Optimus V port to a guy who hasn't got a clue what he's doing...

topdawg661 likes this.
    08-01-2012 01:29 PM
    I see both. ....

Sent from my Optimus M
    I see a link to your thread, two links to fix mms, and a link at the bottom to switch from zvd to zvj... am I blind?
    08-01-2012 01:29 PM
    I see a link to your thread, two links to fix mms, and a link at the bottom to switch from zvd to zvj... am I blind?
    Both patches are in this thread, and to fix MMS is only by following directions that the link takes you to.

Sent from my Optimus M
    08-01-2012 01:34 PM
    I see both in tapatalk, and on the web set.
    I think you need your eyes checked

08-01-2012 02:44 PM
    The devs won't really care, no. But I think LeslieAnn might be some help. She's liek, the smartest person out there.

08-01-2012 03:22 PM
249 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD