[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Dumb ? Just wanna know if I flash to zvj, then I'd have to reflash back to zvd to use ov roms, or do I just have to flash zvj and that's it. Very nice work btw

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

If you flash an Optimus S ZVJ rom, flash the corresponding patch, you wont need to repatch to flash to any other Optimus V rom. But if you're flashing an Optimus S ZVD rom, you'd need that corresponding patch.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: jaredw444

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Running hydro rom, no data:confused: o well. Why cant vm look this good

Another dumb ? Would this patch give better reception or no, or do I still connect to vm and not sprint

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Running hydro rom, no data:confused: o well. Why cant vm look this good

Another dumb ? Would this patch give better reception or no, or do I still connect to vm and not sprint

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

You're still using virgin mobile service, this doesn't enhance reception, and data is known to be bonkers on Optimus S GB roms with this patch. But data works perfectly fine with ICS and jellybean optimus S roms.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You're still using virgin mobile service, this doesn't enhance reception, and data is known to be bonkers on Optimus S GB roms with this patch. But data works perfectly fine with ICS and jellybean optimus S roms.

I figured just hopefull thinking, thanks again for patch, ( you might wanna hide my ole lady might be looking for you for opening a whole new world to flash)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why when I flash it, my recovery goes

Opening update package.....
Installing update...
Opening update package....

*panic reboots into recovery*

I'm using Xionia. I'm gonna try a different recovery now.

Edit: Its nnot my recovery. I downloaded 3 times, tried each of the 3. No go.

Also. I flashed Hydro Rom and booted. I then flashed Harmonia and noticed I didn't have to wipe when I normally would. I had 3G.... o_O

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: topdawg661

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well shoot... it is broken, and now even when i try to flash the original patch i made, i dont get any service.... I'm looking into it as we speak.

I managed to some how get data working on GB roms now...
Going to rebuild my patch, and upload it.
Having issues with the market though.. and the sms app got deleted for some reason..
Fix one thing, 2 things break... i just ABSOLUTELY LOVE playing this game.... >.>

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
How'd you get it to work for you?

Well shoot... it is broken, and now even when i try to flash the original patch i made, i dont get any service.... I'm looking into it as we speak.

I managed to some how get data working on GB roms now...
Going to rebuild my patch, and upload it.
Having issues with the market though.. and the sms app got deleted for some reason..
Fix one thing, 2 things break... i just ABSOLUTELY LOVE playing this game.... >.>

I got it working by install Hydro Rom, booted.

Connected to wifi, downloaded Solid Explorer and replaced files from the zip and set permissions. And there we go.

MMS im going to experiment with, and Nitestalkr, the MMS.apk, wheres it from? Its not compatiable with GB roms. Is it a ice cream sandwich MMS.apk?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got it working by install Hydro Rom, booted.

Connected to wifi, downloaded Solid Explorer and replaced files from the zip and set permissions. And there we go.

MMS im going to experiment with, and Nitestalkr, the MMS.apk, wheres it from? Its not compatiable with GB roms. Is it a ice cream sandwich MMS.apk?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

The mms.apk is from ICS.
Do you think if I used one from a GB rom, that it would also be compatible with ics? Or no?
EDIT:
I managed to get data working upon flashing, kinda. Its here and there, it works, then it doesn't. But its better than no data for now. Going ti continue trying to get it working.
EDIT:
Managed to fix the "no service" type errors that some people might have experienced, it now displays that it is connected to 3G, but when trying to use things that require data, it says no connection.. SMS is fixed again, still working on completely fixing 3G/mobile data.

Last edited:

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The mms.apk is from ICS.
Do you think if I used one from a GB rom, that it would also be compatible with ics? Or no?
EDIT:
I managed to get data working upon flashing, kinda. Its here and there, it works, then it doesn't. But its better than no data for now. Going ti continue trying to get it working.
EDIT:
Managed to fix the "no service" type errors that some people might have experienced, it now displays that it is connected to 3G, but when trying to use things that require data, it says no connection.. SMS is fixed again, still working on completely fixing 3G/mobile data.

If you're going to want to fix mms for GB and ICS then you're going to need to make 2 seperate zips. GB MMS doesn't work ln ICS and vice versa.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair