08-02-2012 02:27 AM
39 12
tools
    Hey if I port an Optimus one rom to my Optimus v will everything work?? like their kernel and such or do I have to use one built for the Optimus Varients like the S or V?
    07-25-2012 11:17 PM
    Drew ported the cm10 rom from the p500. so I think it can be done. but I'm sure there are things that'll have to be fixed.
    07-25-2012 11:23 PM
    Try this for GB ROM's
    DON"T use the file from the download zip....it's for the optimus M.....if you use those, your touchscreen won't work...get the files from BACKside or mirage ROM. Phatninja 55 used this thread once and it booted on his Optimus V with no issues.

Edit: oops forgot link :o
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-c-a...-s-roms-c.html
    07-25-2012 11:38 PM
    Sammyz, that mms fix on that page, I saw you had an mms fix for cricket. is there anyway to make that for nitestalkr to put in his zvj fix but for virgin mobile?
    07-25-2012 11:46 PM
    Yah I was thinking of unofficially porting this for myself: [CM10][JB][4.1.1][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean Preview with Screenshots - xda-developers
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-25-2012 11:47 PM
    Sammyz, that mms fix on that page, I saw you had an mms fix for cricket. is there anyway to make that for nitestalkr to put in his zvj fix but for virgin mobile?
    The MMS fix for metropcs was made by PlayfulGod.
    The MMS fix for cricket was made by PlayfulGod.
    PlayfulGod has a wiki page here: Main Page - PlayfulDroidz Wiki
    PlayfulGod is working on his wiki, so here's the page to all pages/phones: All pages - PlayfulDroidz Wiki
    You select Optimus M/C (Not M+, different phone from M) you will see MMS flashable. On the other hand, you select Optimus V, NOTHING.
    07-25-2012 11:52 PM
    I can't find it. that mms flashable. well, all of the information is know. but how to put it into a flashable zip, i do not know.
    07-25-2012 11:58 PM
    Anyone know a good porting guide?
    07-26-2012 12:02 AM
    heres a few i use for reference... :-)
    http://source.android.com/
    07-26-2012 12:08 AM
    Rukin (Gannon) has a noob proof one somewhere in the forum.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 12:20 AM
    Yah I was thinking of unofficially porting this for myself: [CM10][JB][4.1.1][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean Preview with Screenshots - xda-developers
    Pretty sure this is what drew ported.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-26-2012 12:39 AM
    ^that's what I was thinking.
    07-26-2012 12:44 AM
    07-26-2012 12:50 AM
    I got it booting now just to figure out why I have no service, probably cause optimus one is a gsm phone.
    07-26-2012 01:23 AM
    I was actually trying to do this earlier with Gummy ROM. Farthest I got was the boot animation.
    07-26-2012 01:24 AM
    I got it booting now just to figure out why I have no service, probably cause optimus one is a gsm phone.
    What did you base it off? If you based it off Drews CM10, theres no point in porting it at all. It wont fix a thing.

I was actually trying to do this earlier with Gummy ROM. Farthest I got was the boot animation.
    Did you use an AOSP rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 01:45 AM
    Used CM9 as a base. Thought about using AOSP, but got frustrated and forgot to try, lol. I put the apps, framework, media, and fonts folders into TDM's CM9, and it gets to the boot animation and just loops. So, I went back, and replaced the libandroidsomethingorother.so file, don't remember the name off the top, but it was what was advised in Gannon's guide, and then it sticks at the Q, before the boot animation even starts.

I also can't seem to grab a logcat, dmesg, or anything else, adb won't even find the phone in these instances.
    07-26-2012 01:49 AM
    Anyone know how to fix the service problem on JB p500 roms? or p500 roms in general?
    07-26-2012 01:49 AM
    What did you base it off? If you based it off Drews CM10, theres no point in porting it at all. It wont fix a thing.

Did you use an AOSP rom?

Not true. I used the p500 rom as a base and added things from Drews rom. Now I dont have color banding anymore
    07-26-2012 01:54 AM
    If you're trying to get CM10 ZVJ JELLYBEAN to work on the V, follow my guide...
    It fixes all service issues(will be adding more fixes to this when I get the time to)
    Only MMS is broken, but its broken on the S and P500.
    JellyBean Super Fix for the LG Optimus V!
    ------Installation---(Must have ROM ZVJ WIP CyanogenMod 10 installed FIRST!)---
    -wipe cache
    -wipe dalvik-cache
    -disable signature verification
    -flash as you would with everything else

Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
    The official CM10 Boot animation (Thanks Nate456 for providing the link!)
    LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
    Enjoy!!
    JellyBean Super fix.zip (1.51 MB) Flashable zip!
    sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-26-2012 02:02 AM
    @Cole, Gummy Rom is stock based, isn't it?

@Zak, What do you mean Color Banding? And I really mean there's no point. Seller's told me Porting doesn't make it easier fix a thing. Like Gannon said, you can port it if its CM based. Building from Source makes everything easier. You have to atleast understand that at most.

Data doesn't work right away on Jelly Bean because its still brand new. If you use a CM7 or CM9 rom from the p500 Data WILL work.

sellers86 likes this.
    07-26-2012 02:26 AM
    @nitestlkr I used those files. The problem is the from still thinks its GSM but we run cdma

07-26-2012 02:28 AM
    Yeah, it is. I didn't even think about that. Guess I know what I'm doing Friday. Don't expect a release though, just doing this for my own S's and G's.
    07-26-2012 02:29 AM
    @nitestlkr I used those files. The problem is the from still thinks its GSM but we run cdma

Yea, that would require building the rom with the cdma radio.. you can't do a simple port of a GSM radio, to work with CDMA radio. You would need to build it from half source, half port(like the way Drew and mexxxx(can't remember the numbers in his username) did. They did a port build, and used most of the P500 CM10 in the Rom, and included thunderc cdma radio, instead of the GSM radio.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...(I probably am lol)

07-26-2012 02:39 AM
    Yea, that would require building the rom with the cdma radio.. you can't do a simple port of a GSM radio, to work with CDMA radio. You would need to build it from half source, half port(like the way Drew and mexxxx(can't remember the numbers in his username) did. They did a port build, and used most of the P500 CM10 in the Rom, and included thunderc cdma radio, instead of the GSM radio.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...(I probably am lol)

Nah, I got a GSM ROM to boot and have service by porting.....it was keeping it from FCing that was hard....

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-26-2012 08:02 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD