I rooted my phone using gingerbreak 1.2, and it automatically installed superuser. I have my reasons for unrooting my phone, I won't go into them, but unrooting via gingerbreak doesn't remove superuser.

How can I remove superuser? Do I need to use a different unrooting method?
    07-26-2012 01:53 AM
    Can't you just delete it?:l

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-26-2012 01:56 AM
    No, gingerbreak installs it as a system app.
    07-26-2012 04:22 AM
    If you are unrooted and do not have a custom recovery you can try a factory reset.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 04:37 AM
    Have you tried using titanium backup or my backup? Know you can delete system apps and I think change app to system or non system app. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-VM670
    07-26-2012 07:08 AM
    Have you tried using titanium backup or my backup? Know you can delete system apps and I think change app to system or non system app. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-VM670
    He unrooted already...

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-26-2012 07:39 AM
    You should have removed Superuser before unrooting. There won't be any way for you to remove a system app without root access, please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-26-2012 09:24 AM
    You should have removed Superuser before unrooting. There won't be any way for you to remove a system app without root access, please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct. And @kamyk2000 DO NOT factory reset. You will boot loop.
    Follow second post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...zv5-stock.html
    07-26-2012 09:34 AM
    Solved the issue. No I didn't factory reset, and I rerooted to solve the issue. It's kind of ridiculous how simple the answer is to nearly every question I've asked on this forum so far. The answer is a little app called Link2SD by someone named Bulent Akpinar.

It allows you to change system apps into user apps, user apps into system apps, lets you uninstall anything, let's you move anything to sd card or internal memory, and if you add a partition to your sdcard it will automatically move any installed apps there just leaving behind a pointer to it in the internal storage. It even moves dalvik cache files, and lib files, and I didn't have one single app system or otherwise complain after being "linked". It even let me uninstall superuser. I just had to uninstall the superuser udates first. It's also completely free with no push ads.

No, I'm not advertising or something, I just wish I had found the app in the first place. I never would have had to ask any of my bloatware, install, uninstall, saving space on internal memory questions to begin with.
    07-27-2012 06:02 PM
    I don't think anyone suggested it because you should, straight-up, NOT be able to remove system apps without being rooted. Not saying it didn't happen, maybe it did, but...it shouldn't be possible.
    07-27-2012 06:08 PM
    Oh, no you misunderstand. The app requires root. As I said, I rerooted before trying to remove superuser. I only unrooted the first time to see if gingerbreak would remove superuser, since it's what installed it.
    07-27-2012 06:53 PM
    Oh, no you misunderstand. The app requires root. As I said, I rerooted before trying to remove superuser. I only unrooted the first time to see if gingerbreak would remove superuser, since it's what installed it.
    it always did for me...
    07-27-2012 07:29 PM
    Hi ,,, I Have Unrooted My Phone And Factory Default it already now how to Uninstall Superuser ???
    04-25-2013 04:33 PM
    should have read the thread first... clearly states su has to be removed prior to unrooting...
    04-25-2013 04:56 PM
    hi,
    i have the same problem, removing superuser after a phone technician used it to remove network lock from my samsung galaxy y phone,
    after reading your post, i downloaded the "link2sd" from google store, then i opened the apps "link2sd", it showed all apps and system apps,, then i selected "superuser" > action button>uninstall,
    in just two clicks, my problem solved,,and i still have the option to uninstall "links2sd" without added effort...now my phone is unlocked and sys apps will not be accessible simply by anyone after removing "link2sd" apps as it will look the same...for now i have the option either to unroot or not,,if no other problem will occur, i may leave the phone rooted..thanks !!!!
    06-24-2013 06:50 AM
    Use the Virgin Mobile security update ZV9.
    Put the zip on the sd card.
    Go to recovery. Choose the Install update option. When done it will return phone to a bone stock state with stock recovery and no root. Install Update one more time through the stock recovery or things will be messed up.
    When you want to root phone, use the jcase rootme.zip or EManU3LXXX root.zip

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2013 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD