08-04-2012 11:16 AM
31 12
tools
    Is there like a certain rom for music lovers? Like that makes listening to music better? Besides dsp manager or is that it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-28-2012 12:42 AM
    Is there like a certain rom for music lovers? Like that makes listening to music better? Besides dsp manager or is that it?

I believe gtr reloaded has beats and xloud built in.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2012 12:43 AM
    I believe gtr reloaded has beats and xloud built in.

Super noob question but what do those do?

07-28-2012 12:47 AM
    Super noob question but what do those do?

Better quality with beats, louder volume with xloud

07-28-2012 01:46 AM
    Better quality with beats, louder volume with xloud

Even though you can get those mods to work on most cm7 roms AKA G.B. i do agree that it does make a difference on the sound that comes out. Its worth trying out. I always flash Beats Audio on every ROM I have.
    07-28-2012 03:42 AM
    GingerSnap, or GTR have mods, yes. Its recommended for Gamers and Music lovers. My battery dies awfully fast because I'm always listening to music and changing the song. Lol.

07-28-2012 05:16 AM
    I was using GTR, but installed Gingersnap last week. Runs a lot smoother and has many of the features as GTR, including Beats. Battery consumption is also much better.

Playing music files stored on the phone typically doesn't use up much battery power. However, streaming apps such as Pandora, TuneIn, Spotify, etc. do use up a lot of battery.
    07-28-2012 04:59 PM
    GTR is the best. (In my opinion when it comes down to music.
    07-28-2012 05:51 PM
    I've been using the BobZhome gb Rom, but I flashed in Beats audio. Now I just need a functioning xloud zip or apk for this phone. The one that I tried broke everything because the build.prop was for a pecan phone.

Any help with this?
    07-29-2012 02:35 AM
    I like this idea, but I wish people would realize Beats is a simple bass boosting gimmick. There should be some sort of rom for audiophiles, though.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 03:52 AM
    I like this idea, but I wish people would realize Beats is a simple bass boosting gimmick. There should be some sort of rom for audiophiles, though.

Beats is more than just a bass boost gimmick. It seems to do more than that. Once I put the script on my phone, I could hear much more dynamic range, clarity and wider stereo. Now, I don't know if this is all just a placebo effect, and nobody really knows exactly what it does, but I can definitely hear more of a difference, outside of the bass. And it sounds a lot better than any crappy equalizer app I've ever put on my phone (why do all those genre presets always sound so awful?).

As for an audiophile ROM, what can really be done? Unless you're listening to FLAC files on a phone with tons of storage (you'll need it!), you're still listening to compressed files and low bitrate audio streaming from Pandora, IHeart, etc. Not the kind of thing that panders to audiophiles.
    07-29-2012 10:18 AM
    Honestly, DSP is really all you need. And I'd your a music lover you probably have decent headphones anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-29-2012 05:28 PM
    +1.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 09:00 PM
    Honestly, DSP is really all you need. And I'd your a music lover you probably have decent headphones anyway.

Decent headphones are only half of it.

07-29-2012 09:19 PM
    So is Pandora not compatible?????? I use to have it on my ov, forgot to save it when I erased my SD card. Went back to download and says not compatible.....( same with I heart radio, but all other apps are compatible)

07-30-2012 06:36 PM
    I made a modded pair of headphones specifically made for clear bass and noise cancellation, what headphones you use really do have a lot to do with it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2012 07:22 PM
    A modded pair of headphones? Mind sharing?

My recent headphones grew a short last night.

topdawg661 likes this.
    07-30-2012 07:46 PM
    Wow lots of comments. :o haha well I'm a broke music lover :/ (work at lil ceazers) so I only have iPod earphones >_< but I'm trying to make my speakers I plug my phone into sound better with the equalizer on my phone. Or really anything that will help.

07-31-2012 01:17 AM
    A modded pair of headphones? Mind sharing?

My recent headphones grew a short last night.

All it takes is a soldering iron, krazy glue, the two headphones you wanna use for the mod, and patience. I learned it from YouTube tutorials, it's so simple! My first mod was a pair of Skullcandy buds on an iPhone headset with the mic and remote, worked flawlessly. And then I replaced the buds on some Sony headphones with some Skullcandy buds from a more expensive pair my older brother broke, the buds were still good, the only messed up part was the piece you plug in. I swear they made that part extremely cheap on purpose. Anyways, I used the mod on the Sony headphones for the mic and remote combo again, but mainly for the L-shaped connector since it's tough to mess up. I've had that pair for a couple of months now, I'm still using it. Seriously tho it's worthwhile. If I get my hands on a messed up pair of Bose headphones, I'll be thrilled.

topdawg661 and ThatGuyLurkin like this.
    07-31-2012 04:55 AM
    Hahah! that's so awesome. I kinda wanna try that.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:51 AM
    All it takes is a soldering iron, krazy glue, the two headphones you wanna use for the mod, and patience. I learned it from YouTube tutorials, it's so simple! My first mod was a pair of Skullcandy buds on an iPhone headset with the mic and remote, worked flawlessly. And then I replaced the buds on some Sony headphones with some Skullcandy buds from a more expensive pair my older brother broke, the buds were still good, the only messed up part was the piece you plug in. I swear they made that part extremely cheap on purpose. Anyways, I used the mod on the Sony headphones for the mic and remote combo again, but mainly for the L-shaped connector since it's tough to mess up. I've had that pair for a couple of months now, I'm still using it. Seriously tho it's worthwhile. If I get my hands on a messed up pair of Bose headphones, I'll be thrilled.

Links?

07-31-2012 10:52 AM
    Quick ? Where/ how could I get xloud and dsp on my phone, without using gtr or Ginger........... is the a file to flash/ install, I've looked but can't find

Edit, I got all the files, dsp in system/apps with permission set, but when I click on it it goes to load but stays on black screen then closes

07-31-2012 08:42 PM
    Links?

Here's the tutorial I used

I just came across this one too and I may try this one soon

08-01-2012 08:49 PM
    Here's a picture of the modded headphones I'm currently using

08-02-2012 12:29 AM

Kinda hard to see, but I have a mic extension.

08-02-2012 12:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD