I have flashed back to a cm7 for the time being. GTR cm7 ( a mirage port) and love it! I miss some aspects of ICS tho. I have no issues over clocking with CM7 roms but couldn't OC not one of the ICS ones. Smh. Until a cooked release debuts I guess I'm outta ICS luck. Maybe I could of tried another ICS kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 06:50 PM
    I have flashed back to a cm7 for the time being. GTR cm7 ( a mirage port) and love it! I miss some aspects of ICS tho. I have no issues over clocking with CM7 roms but couldn't OC not one of the ICS ones. Smh. Until a cooked release debuts I guess I'm outta ICS luck. Maybe I could of tried another ICS kernel?

Are you on ZV9 firmware?

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-29-2012 06:53 PM
    And another overclock thread. First off ICS is still in beta so it's not fully functional yet. Secondly , try 600/480 people are stable at those speeds. Thirdly, OVs overclock different than others.

Sorry if it seems like I'm mad. Had a long day.
    07-29-2012 07:14 PM
    Are you on ZV9 firmware?

Sent from my Optimus M
    How would I know if I'm on zv9?

07-29-2012 07:17 PM
    How would I know if I'm on zv9?

Settings/ about phone look at your baseband, the last three will say zv4,zv5,zv9

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-29-2012 07:20 PM
    Settings/ about phone look at your baseband, the last three will say zv4,zv5,zv9

It says unknown.

07-29-2012 07:25 PM
    With file explorer go to
    Sys/devices/soc/soc0
    Find file build_I'd view it

Some roms just show baseband as unknown, nothing bad

07-30-2012 06:18 PM
    Have you tried my cna rom? There haven't been any issues with reboots reported.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-30-2012 06:54 PM
    Have you tried my cna rom? There haven't been any issues with reboots reported.

Where's the link or OP?

07-30-2012 07:29 PM
    Wait I found it but it says no camera and I need that also you used Bobz kernel and so if his ROM rebooted on me with over clock then this one probably would too. Or would it lol?

07-30-2012 07:33 PM
    Wait I found it but it says no camera and I need that also you used Bobz kernel and so if his ROM rebooted on me with over clock then this one probably would too. Or would it lol?

This is an older kernel. And the reboots aren't nessicarily caused by kernel. But it probably is.

07-30-2012 08:46 PM
    None of the above posts that I removed were necessary.

Telling a user to search isn't the answer to a question.

The ROM threads are generally very heavy and hard to sort through, especially for a new user.

If you don't want to help, then feel free to move on to a different thread.

That being said, here's a little related insider info: the Tapatalk backend for the forum was updated today, so it now features a MUCH more capable Search function.
    irish-68 likes this.
    07-30-2012 09:57 PM
    The purpose is to help, asking if he had zv9 was valid?, so was replying how to find it( with two different ways) giving another rom to try, to see if it'd help his problem was valid too. The only thing you've added was the search option is updated. Its called problem solving. The problem was oc on ics roms and others, so baseband and different roms can cause instability, so trying to find a cause before putting it on the phone is valid

07-30-2012 10:51 PM
    The posts I was referring to were the 3 above mine that have since been removed.
    07-30-2012 11:04 PM
    My mistake you just said above that you deleted

07-30-2012 11:12 PM
    The purpose is to help, asking if he had zv9 was valid?, so was replying how to find it( with two different ways) giving another rom to try, to see if it'd help his problem was valid too. The only thing you've added was the search option is updated. Its called problem solving. The problem was oc on ics roms and others, so baseband and different roms can cause instability, so trying to find a cause before putting it on the phone is valid

Probably not a good idea to talk down to a mod. If he does something, I'm sure he has a damn good reason.

07-30-2012 11:29 PM
    It was just a misunderstanding, let's get back on topic.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-31-2012 12:08 AM
    Have you tried a froyo rom, just to see if you can oc with stock os I've seen ice and gb based on froyo, might let you Oc, then you will know if its your phone. Which sucks, believe me I got two that wont oc

07-31-2012 10:38 AM
    Have you tried a froyo rom, just to see if you can oc with stock os I've seen ice and gb based on froyo, might let you Oc, then you will know if its your phone. Which sucks, believe me I got two that wont oc

I am actually running GTR a CM7 GB ROM and overclock with no probs, did it on BACKside iho rom with no probs also. Thinking its only ICS roms so far.

07-31-2012 11:20 AM
    Yea, ics is a complete different animal, my one ov wont even run it unclocked, but that ones been brick 4 times( its my experiment phone) so I'm sure something is compromised on it

07-31-2012 01:35 PM
    Here's my solution. Be on a GB rom, install a ICS theme, maybe Holo launcher, use this to modify the settings screen into the ICS ones.

[GUIDE] ICS Style 'Settings.apk' - Make it yourself !! !! - xda-developers
    07-31-2012 02:57 PM
    I tried both Quattrimus and BobZhome ICS ROMs. I also ran into the same issue with overclocking. But the good thing is that they run smoothly enough that you really don't need to overclock.

Both ROMs are good, but they are still a bit rough for most casual (and even more experimental) users. I actually did go back to a GB ROM (currently running Gingersnap) with a modified ICS theme. It has the best of both worlds, in that it has the stability of a typical GB ROM and some of the better aspects of ICS. And at least I don't have the butt-ugly contacts and dialer found on the ICS ROMs.

It's fun to have the latest and greatest OS on your little overachieving Optimus V, but when all is said and done, usefulness and stability win out. I prefer a really good GB ROM right now instead of the ICS ones. Not knocking the ICS ROMs, it's just that they're still a little rough for casual use. I realized that I don't need the latest and greatest, only the most reliable.
    08-01-2012 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD