Sd-ext.img not found. Hanging at boot animations on 3 diff roms.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You cant flash the rom, then the root. You have to flash rom, boot, then flash root me package

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Help please. I flashed the rom then apps, booted and then booted to recovery to flash root.zip. OK now for some crazy reason I cannot restore and of my 5 restore points in cwm blue recovery. When restoring, each time it gets to sd-ext restore I get an error that says "sd-ext.img not found". Then I try to boot into rom and get hung at boot animation every time. Smh. Anyone have any ideas?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sd-ext.img not found. Hanging at boot animations on 3 diff ro

the sd-ext is not your problem. that just means you don't have a partitioned sdcard(which is fine!) What you need to do is install a new recovery called Cannibal to get you out of this boot loop. download this and then move that to your sdcard. get into your recovery and then choose to install zip and find that zip. install it. pull battery and boot to recovery. then you'll be in cannibal. then restore nandroid, then before rebooting, go to advanced and click stop boot loop.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Instead of pulling the battery, go to advanced, and choose reboot recovery.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

the sd-ext is not your problem. that just means you don't have a partitioned sdcard(which is fine!) What you need to do is install a new recovery called Cannibal to get you out of this boot loop. download this and then move that to your sdcard. get into your recovery and then choose to install zip and find that zip. install it. pull battery and boot to recovery. then you'll be in cannibal. then restore nandroid, then before rebooting, go to advanced and click stop boot loop.

It is doing a restore, not a backup if the md5sum text file has the sd-ext listed then it well try to restore the backup. Depending on the ROM used and how the sd-ext is mounted, some ROM may not boot if some of the files have been moved to the partition.

This question should have been asked in the CWM-Blue-Recovery thread for support reasons, it makes it harder to offer support of anything I build if a new thread is started.