Best recovery?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The Cannibal recovery has to many bugs and has problems flashing some .zips. The Multi-boot recovery will only work properly if you have two ROM's with the same exact kernel. The Green, the Blue, and the Cannibal recovery's are not be able to restore any backups made from another recovery.

The Xionia recovery has the "fix recovery loop" option in the advanced section (the Cannibal does as well), so I keep a zipped one on the root of the uSD card in case this where to happen while using another recovery. The Xionia works great on the older ROM's that use ammend scripting, but not so well on the IHO CM7 Gingerbread ROM's that use edify scripting.
All ClockworkMod recovery's or it's variants (all the ones mentioned above plus the BobZohme and the Touch screen recovery), work terrible on the older ammend scripting ROM's

The BobZohme and the Touch Screen recovery's are the best right now for all CM7 and CM9 ROM's. I use the Touch Screen Recovery only because it will allow me to use either the touch screen or the hard keys.

I've never had issues restoring backups with cannibal that were made with any other recoveries, and I've made at least 2 backups with all recoveries, nor have I ran into any other issues you've named off with cannibal.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never had issues restoring backups with cannibal that were made with any other recoveries, and I've made at least 2 backups with all recoveries, nor have I ran into any other issues you've named off with cannibal.

Same I had no problems restoring backups from bobzhome'a recovery

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
HD2 can boot many things. You can Dual boot, or triple boot(I THINK). I lost my HD2 :(

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It actually can quad boot.
iOS, Android, WP7, windows phone6.5.(and maybe a form of Linux)(and possibly windows 2)
When I saw that, I instantly wanted the HD2..
The HD2 was WAAAAAY ahead of its time, to bad another phone hasn't been able to top the HD2 boot capabilities.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
mother-of-god-meme.jpg
When I checked out the HD2.

Reactions: nitestalkr

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
HD2 just dies REALLY quick. It's far ahead of any device now a days. 1350mah battery I believe.

I had 2, 1.stopped working, second I lost D:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
HD2 just dies REALLY quick. It's far ahead of any device now a days. 1350mah battery I believe.

I had 2, 1.stopped working, second I lost D:

And thats what extended and several spare batteries are for :p
I myself have a total of 3 OEM batteries for my Optimus V, even though i rarely need to charge in one day, i always bring one or 2 extra batteries. (depending on how long(days) i plan on being out)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair