Best recovery?

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm so used to CWM Blue Recovery, but someone advised I download the Cannibal touch recovery. What's the opinion of best recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Multiboot recovery. Why, you ask? So I can dual boot my phone.:cool:

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

Link?
And, what are the capabilities of its dual-boot feature?
Some older "dual boot" recoveries relied on either sd-card, or nandroids to "dual boot", others required specific kernels for ROMs, that werent compatible with favorite ROMs, and others had difficult processes to achieve dual-booting.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The Cannibal recovery has to many bugs and has problems flashing some .zips. The Multi-boot recovery will only work properly if you have two ROM's with the same exact kernel. The Green, the Blue, and the Cannibal recovery's are not be able to restore any backups made from another recovery.

The Xionia recovery has the "fix recovery loop" option in the advanced section (the Cannibal does as well), so I keep a zipped one on the root of the uSD card in case this where to happen while using another recovery. The Xionia works great on the older ROM's that use ammend scripting, but not so well on the IHO CM7 Gingerbread ROM's that use edify scripting.
All ClockworkMod recovery's or it's variants (all the ones mentioned above plus the BobZohme and the Touch screen recovery), work terrible on the older ammend scripting ROM's

The BobZohme and the Touch Screen recovery's are the best right now for all CM7 and CM9 ROM's. I use the Touch Screen Recovery only because it will allow me to use either the touch screen or the hard keys.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
DUDE. I was seriously wondering YESTERDAY if it was possible to dual-boot android roms. buuuuut, I don't know how practical it would be. In all purposes, how much more useful is it than keeping backups and switching between them? Does it boot faster?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking, what would be the point of only being able to dual boot if the ROM's need to have the exact same kernel. I would wan't to be able to boot into a Froyo and then to a Gingerbread, or a Gingerbread and then an ICS, or an ICS and then a Jelly Bean.
Can't do this though, so what's the use of the dual-boot recovery.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking, what would be the point of only being able to dual boot if the ROM's need to have the exact same kernel. I would wan't to be able to boot into a Froyo and then to a Gingerbread, or a Gingerbread and then an ICS, or an ICS and then a Jelly Bean.
Can't do this though, so what's the use of the dual-boot recovery.

But tdm's quattrimus, and Drew's CM10 port, do use the same exact kernel. They both use:
2.6.35.7-tdm-GK-hkicscam-0.1+
Tommy@ics#1
So wouldn't that be possible??

sent from my un-dead sammich.