08-01-2012 06:51 PM
29 12
tools
    I'm so used to CWM Blue Recovery, but someone advised I download the Cannibal touch recovery. What's the opinion of best recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2012 06:50 PM
    I recommend the S version of Cannibal Recovery. The V version has a USB bug.

07-31-2012 06:51 PM
    I recommend the Cannibal Recovery. But you already know that xD
    07-31-2012 08:35 PM
    Still rocking bobzhome ^_^

07-31-2012 10:08 PM
    Cannibal Recovery ftw!!
    Phatninja55 and topdawg661 like this.
    07-31-2012 10:20 PM
    Cannibal was named so because it has 'cannibalized all other recoveries.' I think that's your answer
    08-01-2012 12:01 AM
    Never tried it. Link it?

08-01-2012 12:04 AM
    Never tried it. Link it?

Only cuz you're on Tapatalk http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...24-2012-a.html
    That's the Optimus S version, because I saw TGL say the OV version has some bug(that I've never experienced...)
    topdawg661 likes this.
    08-01-2012 12:12 AM
    Only cuz you're on Tapatalk http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...24-2012-a.html
    That's the Optimus S version, because I saw TGL say the OV version has some bug(that I've never experienced...)
    It also comes in a flashable zip, which is pretty amazing.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    08-01-2012 12:58 AM
    So far I'm loving it! Flashed my phone like four times just to keep using it ^_^

08-01-2012 01:56 AM
    Cannibal Touch, hands down!
    08-01-2012 02:08 AM
    Multiboot recovery. Why, you ask? So I can dual boot my phone.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    ThatGuyLurkin likes this.
    08-01-2012 02:23 AM
    V Version of Cannibal has a USB bug. Try enabling it

08-01-2012 02:59 AM
    Multiboot recovery. Why, you ask? So I can dual boot my phone.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    Link?
    And, what are the capabilities of its dual-boot feature?
    Some older "dual boot" recoveries relied on either sd-card, or nandroids to "dual boot", others required specific kernels for ROMs, that werent compatible with favorite ROMs, and others had difficult processes to achieve dual-booting.

08-01-2012 03:16 AM
    Link?
    And, what are the capabilities of its dual-boot feature?
    Some older "dual boot" recoveries relied on either sd-card, or nandroids to "dual boot", others required specific kernels for ROMs, that werent compatible with favorite ROMs, and others had difficult processes to achieve dual-booting.

Everything you need to know.

[EXPERIMENTAL][PORT][RECOVERY][MULTIBOOT]Tassadar's MultiROM v11 for the Optimus V - xda-developers
    08-01-2012 04:02 AM
    Do you think that this would work with Quattrimus AOKP Opti V and CM10 ZVJ JellyBean(with my ZVJ to ZVD-Optimus V patch of course)?? Last time i checked, they both use the same kernel.
    08-01-2012 06:05 AM
    The Cannibal recovery has to many bugs and has problems flashing some .zips. The Multi-boot recovery will only work properly if you have two ROM's with the same exact kernel. The Green, the Blue, and the Cannibal recovery's are not be able to restore any backups made from another recovery.

The Xionia recovery has the "fix recovery loop" option in the advanced section (the Cannibal does as well), so I keep a zipped one on the root of the uSD card in case this where to happen while using another recovery. The Xionia works great on the older ROM's that use ammend scripting, but not so well on the IHO CM7 Gingerbread ROM's that use edify scripting.
    All ClockworkMod recovery's or it's variants (all the ones mentioned above plus the BobZohme and the Touch screen recovery), work terrible on the older ammend scripting ROM's

The BobZohme and the Touch Screen recovery's are the best right now for all CM7 and CM9 ROM's. I use the Touch Screen Recovery only because it will allow me to use either the touch screen or the hard keys.
    08-01-2012 08:38 AM
    DUDE. I was seriously wondering YESTERDAY if it was possible to dual-boot android roms. buuuuut, I don't know how practical it would be. In all purposes, how much more useful is it than keeping backups and switching between them? Does it boot faster?
    08-01-2012 08:44 AM
    Generally speaking, what would be the point of only being able to dual boot if the ROM's need to have the exact same kernel. I would wan't to be able to boot into a Froyo and then to a Gingerbread, or a Gingerbread and then an ICS, or an ICS and then a Jelly Bean.
    Can't do this though, so what's the use of the dual-boot recovery.
    08-01-2012 08:51 AM
    Generally speaking, what would be the point of only being able to dual boot if the ROM's need to have the exact same kernel. I would wan't to be able to boot into a Froyo and then to a Gingerbread, or a Gingerbread and then an ICS, or an ICS and then a Jelly Bean.
    Can't do this though, so what's the use of the dual-boot recovery.
    But tdm's quattrimus, and Drew's CM10 port, do use the same exact kernel. They both use:
    2.6.35.7-tdm-GK-hkicscam-0.1+
    Tommy@ics#1
    So wouldn't that be possible??

08-01-2012 01:36 PM
    The Cannibal recovery has to many bugs and has problems flashing some .zips. The Multi-boot recovery will only work properly if you have two ROM's with the same exact kernel. The Green, the Blue, and the Cannibal recovery's are not be able to restore any backups made from another recovery.

The Xionia recovery has the "fix recovery loop" option in the advanced section (the Cannibal does as well), so I keep a zipped one on the root of the uSD card in case this where to happen while using another recovery. The Xionia works great on the older ROM's that use ammend scripting, but not so well on the IHO CM7 Gingerbread ROM's that use edify scripting.
    All ClockworkMod recovery's or it's variants (all the ones mentioned above plus the BobZohme and the Touch screen recovery), work terrible on the older ammend scripting ROM's

The BobZohme and the Touch Screen recovery's are the best right now for all CM7 and CM9 ROM's. I use the Touch Screen Recovery only because it will allow me to use either the touch screen or the hard keys.
    I've never had issues restoring backups with cannibal that were made with any other recoveries, and I've made at least 2 backups with all recoveries, nor have I ran into any other issues you've named off with cannibal.

08-01-2012 01:40 PM
    HD2 can boot many things. You can Dual boot, or triple boot(I THINK). I lost my HD2

08-01-2012 02:18 PM
    I've never had issues restoring backups with cannibal that were made with any other recoveries, and I've made at least 2 backups with all recoveries, nor have I ran into any other issues you've named off with cannibal.

Same I had no problems restoring backups from bobzhome'a recovery
    08-01-2012 03:12 PM
    Same I had no problems restoring backups from bobzhome'a recovery
    Ditto.... But bobzhome can't restore a cannibal backup

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom
    08-01-2012 03:40 PM
    HD2 can boot many things. You can Dual boot, or triple boot(I THINK). I lost my HD2

It actually can quad boot.
    iOS, Android, WP7, windows phone6.5.(and maybe a form of Linux)(and possibly windows 2)
    When I saw that, I instantly wanted the HD2..
    The HD2 was WAAAAAY ahead of its time, to bad another phone hasn't been able to top the HD2 boot capabilities.

08-01-2012 05:50 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD