How do I back-up original ROM?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: QuinnSF

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out, Thanks for all the help!

Is there a way to back-up my homescreen? (Like how my widgets are placed, etc...) I want to try out new roms because Harmonia's bluetooth isn't working ;( but I don't want to have to constantly re add all my widgets, etc...

Where can I find all the latest roms for LG Optimus?

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out, Thanks for all the help!

Is there a way to back-up my homescreen? (Like how my widgets are placed, etc...) I want to try out new roms because Harmonia's bluetooth isn't working ;( but I don't want to have to constantly re add all my widgets, etc...

Where can I find all the latest roms for LG Optimus?
MyBackup from the play store lets you backup your homescreen.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just make a backup in the recovery (called a nandroid backup). That's all you need to do. It's just like a restore point on a PC only it's stored on the sd card in a folder named "clockworkmod".

I usually make a new backup every time I make a change to the ROM or get a lot of updates. You can have as many backups as your sd card can hold.
I use ROM Manager to rename, and delete those backups (it also gets the MD5 sum correct when you rename them so you can restore with no errors). Before you use ROM Manager it would be a good idea to read my sticky located here: The Truth About ROM Manager there are some things you must not do with ROM Manager.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want to backup your apps then use Titanium Backup for just those apps that you need to save the app data. The rest I would use AppTyrant.
AppTyrant will save every apk to your sd card. When you get an update it will save it automatically to the sd card, the difference is that it won't delete the old apk. This means that if you get an update that is messed up, all you have to do is go back and install the old working apk.

Note: I usually wait until I know for sure an update functions properly before I delete the old apk.
I don't like to use Titanium too much as it hangs on install of some apps. I just use it to backup 3 of my apps data.
If you backup everything with AppTyrant and Titanium Backup you will lose a lot of space on the sd card. This is why I would recommend running AppTyrant first, then just backup the apps data you need to save with Titanium Backup.

Last edited: